Above is my best attempt at a photograph of one of the vile, slinky little villains that have invaded my home. We haven't been able to pinpoint the source, exactly . . . all the websites say maggots go after garbage and rotting things (I had a bag of potatoes on the counter that were going bad, but they didn't seem to be located around it specifically), everyone keeps telling me there may be a dead animal rotting in our ceiling/wall (WTF), or maybe I did something REALLY disgusting in my past life. Their evil parents are these tiny little moths that kind of look like flies--we've found a few of those in the kitchen as well. Wish us luck eradicating them from our lives! I'm normally so sensitive that I don't even kill spiders--I put them outside--but I have no qualms stomping the shit out of these little @#$%ers. UGH! And in the meantime, please invite me over for dinner, lest I starve to death. I've developed a phobia of eating anything from my kitchen for the time being . . .
In happier news, my dear friend Heather (who lives in Chile, and whom I want back in California!) and I have started a writing project in which we're giving each other poem assignments, hopefully weekly! I'm so excited for this very concrete impetus--it's hard to sustain the discipline required to be a writer when you're no longer in school. Our first assignment (due tomorrow) is to write a poem that includes the word "Tuesday," is "yellow" in mood/tone, and somehow involves synchronicity. :) We'll see what happens . . . Oh, and check out Heather's blog, because she is a beautiful writer.
What did y'all think of the Grammys? Here are some of my thoughts:
1. Pink's performance was pretty stellar. And whoa, she was straight-up wearing RIBBONS.
2. I'm mesmerized by the beauty of both J. Lo and Beyonce.
3. I never like the dresses at the Grammys as much as at the other red carpet events. "Rocker chick" just isn't my style.
3. Rihanna's dress was WACK.
4. Amazing duets! Lady Gaga + Elton, Taylor Swift + Stevie. Damn.
5. Stephen Colbert was pretty funny with his daughter and the iPad.
6. Imogen Heap looked pretty cute:
And with that I'm off to compose a letter to my 5th period class. Something has got to change if we are going to continue this teacher-student relationship . . .
Have a great Monday!