Monday, May 17, 2010

Goin' Postal

So I'm notoriously bad about mailing things, even though I really love mail and packages and assembling things to send to people. However, I've been re-inspired, and have since turned my living room into a craft factory. I've gotten really into making my own cards . . . some good letters and packages are coming your way, people! No pics so as not to ruin the surprise. :)

Or perhaps I'm just emulating the chaos of the post office because things are so freakin' crazy in my life . . . for instance: one day off in 19 days! Yikes. Way too much work, folks. Also, my new roommate announced last night that her job, too, is coming to an end, and so she's moving back up to Humboldt County July 1. Man oh man oh man . . . and since I've pretty much decided that I'm not ready for co-habitation, this means I gotta start the grueling roommate search yet again. Or just crawl under my blankets and pretend it isn't happening. Or moonlight as a phone sex operator so that I can afford the whole rent by myself and not have to get a roommate. What do y'all think?

All this frenzy and exhaustion and stress just makes me miss Georgia and want to be home visiting my family. Soon, though! I fly into Atlanta June 5 and get to stay till the 14th! (My grandma, G$, is turning 90 . . . that's OLD, y'all. Feel free to send her scotch--it's her favorite thing in the world). These are some of the things I'm looking forward to in Georgia:

me, stepmama, mama, sissy

daddy

sweet tea

the Brick Store in Decatur--my favorite place to sit with my sis over a long lunch

the worst dog in the world: Ignatius R. Kiefer

Until then, I'm off to brave the relentless rain and make my maimed boy some cookies. Hope Monday's been kind!


19 comments:

Emelie - C'est LA vie said...

...Know the feeling, I'll get the card, write it, put the stamp on... But then it inevitably sits there on the hallway table for, like EVER...!! Glad to know I'm not alone in this :)

Thanks for stopping by so I could find you - I'll be following. Xx

Jeanette said...

What a fun trip you have to look forward to and such a beautiful family, all of "ya'll" - I even like the looks of Ignatius! I hope you'll be bringing back photos of it all for us, including the Brick Store - I'm intrigued.

its simple love said...

Take a break my friend! That is wayyyy too much work! Eesch. Good luck on the room mate search!

Rachael

p.s. Do i get a card? ha ha

Tangerine Fairy said...

Now you are really making me miss home too!! family..Decatur..sweet tea..I don't get why the north doesn't get sweet tea :)

I love making cards and pretty packaging too..my living room is filled with paper and crafty stuff..heheh..so messy

one day off in 19 days?? jees u need a break!

Diana Mieczan said...

Break will do you good...and the doggy and tea sound perfect!
I love making card, but lately I didn’t have much time for it! I am so happy you enjoying it :)
Have a fun day and I hope you will get some sun today :)
Kisses, sweetie

hiking in stilettos said...

Love the idea of homemade cards!

Brickstore is by FAR my fave place in Decatur. I graduated from Agnes Scott, so I spent lots of time there during undergrad, but I miss it so much! Hope you have a wonderful wonderful trip home!

chelsea rebecca said...

thats going to be such a fun trip!!
90??? WOW! seriously incredible!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to grandma!!

blueeyedfreckle said...

hey thanks for all the nice comments you leave on my blog. It seriously makes my day every time!!!

Faiza said...

grandmas rock. mine turns 89 this year!
happy snail mailing!

Erika said...

Have the best time EVER! And give Ignatius R. Kiefer a kiss for me - he is incredibly adorable!! :)

Len♥reNeverM♥re said...

How FUN*
God bless your grandma!
fab 90 wow!!

bananas. said...

i loathe mailing shit nowadays...but i loooove me some snail mail. if my handwriting were as neat and pretty as when i was 12, then i'd totally join in on the fun. but it's not. i now write like a boy. boo :(

good luck with the roomie search. hopefully you won't get stuck with a freakazoid from craigslist.

Katy Mary said...

Thanks for stopping by my Blog! I'm following you now because you seem fun :) I totally hate mailing stuff because I feel so uncreative about it, I have been sending all my mail with wedding stamps in the last few weeks haha don't want to waste them!

Sounds like you have a fun little trip coming up! and good luck with your roomate search, I've had some horrible ones in the past. Don't use roomates.com lol.

Happy Tuesday!

Caroline said...

I love sweet tea!!! XO

Micaela said...

i am SOOOO EXCITED for you that you get to go home! i am also counting down until i step foot on Texas flat land again! ;) my vaca isn't until JULY for two blessed weeks!!! oh i can't wait!!! i need my family especially my twinkie.

searching for roommates... ugh. I was always the one searching to live with someone. (man, wouldn't we be the most PERFECT room mates?! lol we'd be trouble! ha)

funny/random story-- i was looking for someone to live with and my mom called an ad in the paper (without telling me of course) that was looking for someone. Imagine when i had to call back and say, "hi yeah, my mom called you guys?" LOL it worked out cos the girls were awesome but we giggled about my mom calling beforehand. :)

you should see my dining room table--- it's like my craft area. SUCH a mess, it's embarrassing :)

i'm all about happy mail but i have a feeling my little somethings to you will be the most fun i've had putting together something because we are SOOOO ALIKE!

XOXO

ps. i had to laugh at the worst dog in the world :) that picture is perfect with that caption lol

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

i think you should definitely consider the phone sex thing, and do it "crank yankers" style.

being a virginia girl through & through, i agree with the tea thing. it's pretty much all i drink!

that dog may be the worst, but he sure is cute!

Heather Taylor said...

Have you considered doing Craigslist for a roommate? I know it's sketchy on that site, but one of my best friends found her ah-mazing roomies on it so I think it works sometimes!
SWEET TEA, oh man, I love that so, so much! Do you ever go to Chick-Fil-A? There was one in Oxnard I went to and got some sweet tea and it has made me a changed woman since!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Geez, you are working way too much!!!!! At least it looks like you have a lot to look forward to!!! Beautiful family- is your dad Val Kilmer?? :) Cute dog, sorry he's evidently terrible. I have never been to Georgia but would always like to go

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

There is nothing better than receiving postcards! :)
P.S the Summerbelle city maps come in NY, Paris and London (so far)
XXX

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/