Thursday, May 20, 2010

Notes from Cloud 9

You won't believe what happened tonight.

After work today, my friend Meagan and I went to a happy hour Sex and the City 2 promotion party at a club called Harlot in San Francisco. You know you're in for a good time when you walk in the door and are handed a raffle ticket and a cupcake. ;) Not even the pricey cosmos could keep us down! The party was thrown by a local radio station, and they were raffling off tickets to an early showing of Sex and the City 2 (this coming Monday night!), a spa package, a $500 gift certificate to Tiffany's, a pair of Manolo Blahniks, and a pair of Jimmy Choos.

This pic is almost too bad to post, but it's all I got:

yes, I'm shorter than Meagan even when I'm in heels and she's not

So we head to the bar and order up a pair of cosmopolitans, then find a seat at a swank table in the middle of things. The djs are snapping pictures, Meagan and I are chatting, people are mingling. Before we know it, boom! My name is called--2 tix to an advance screening of the movie! Then, boom! Meagan's name is called, 2 more tix! An hour later, we're heading out the door, figuring that since we've already won tickets, we can't win the big swag. But lo and behold . . .

"And the winner of the $500 gift certificate to Tiffany's . . . Claire Kiefer!!!"

Unreal! So I giddy-up to the front and claim my prize, only to be followed by the dude who won the Jimmy Choos (what?? a dude??). Immediately, a lightbulb! I chased him down and with one quick "excuse me, sir" had negotiated a fine, fine trade . . . and he left happily with the Tiffany gift certificate while I left with these perfectly-sized beauties in my paws:


OMG.

I'll get back to you on Monday about the movie . . . sans spoilers, of course!!

24 comments:

Lindsay [Bella Cene'] said...

What?????? That's insane! Congrats on winning! I'm not sure what I'd want more... the Jimmy Choos or the Tiffany's certificate. Hmm, that's tough. lol

I'm super jealous!

Annie! said...

That is possibly the most amazing evening on record. Other than also stating for the record I'm completely green with envy...I don't know what else to say!

Diana Mieczan said...

You are a lucky girl...WOW what a great night you had...I am sooooo happy for you my dear!
Ahhh..those shoes...:)
Kisses and Happy Friday:)

Christy said...

Oh My Lord! You definitely racked up! You are one lucky lady!!!! Can't wait to hear your take on the movie!

Single said...

Those shoes are amazing and I am SUPER jealous! Im with you I would have gone with the shoes...and I wish we could watch the movie together!

Faiza said...

What a wonderful night! I love that the shoes fit you perfectly too, kinda like Cinderella! Post a pic when you wear them out on the town. Happy Friday!

Katy Mary said...

OH MY GOD! That is amazing! You lucky girl. Sounds like a fun night for you and your gal pal. Enjoy the movie, and the Choos!!

Jeanette said...

FANTASTIC!! Isn't it fun to win stuff? Good call on the trade. I win stuff all the time, never a pair of Jimmy Choos though. I am going to a SATC party thing next week, hope it is as great as yours. I'm doing a giveaway next week, will crack up if you win that too.

Erika said...

Can I be you right now, Claire? Seriously...CONGRATULATIONS! You are the luckiest girl on the planet right now, my love! Talk about a killer way to start off the weekend!! :)

Caroline said...

Claire ... what a great story!!! And, trade. So, my all time favorite farmers' market is in Davis, ca. It is quite large but quaint. And, they have the most amazing stands ... I love the hot dogger stand with fresh lemonade or the popsicle stand ... Bliss. Wishing you a lovely weekend!!! XO

Melanie's Randomness said...

Omg this is sooo cool!!! Wear them well girl!!

Marz said...

OMG!!! Cloud 9 is right! How exciting!!!!! I'm so happy for you love! That is INSANE that you both should win. How lucky is your trade? :) You are such a smart gal ;)Wish I had been there with you girls, what a fun time!

Heather Taylor said...

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! Ahhh, this is fabulous news! Those Jimmy Choos and you will be very happy together!

drollgirl said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! what a perfect night! maybe i should get out more?!? you SCORED!!!!!

Meghan said...

Oh wow!!! That is the best story ever! Congrats on your win! (And I am so jealous of the cupcake, too!)

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

holy sh!t, you got jimmy choos?!?!? wow, all i can say is this friday has been good to you!

a winning high (when it's something good) is pretty awesome. chris and i won a trip to jamaica and he won the ipod that i stole from him. i love winning!

Tara said...

that is so awesome!! wow. i'm so jealous! what a lucky girl you are!

Annie Cristina said...

Congratulations!!!! That is awesome, girl. Send me some of that luck. :D I hope you enjoy SATC2 on Monday! I'll be seeing it on the day it opens for sure.

shelly said...

get out! what a night for you :)

i will be checking back here tuesday morning to see what you thought of the movie.

driving from miami to vermont sounds like a great trip to take! i have always wanted to see vermont.

thanks for stopping by my little blog...have a blast monday night.

its simple love said...

OH. MY. GOSH. You lucky girl you! That is AMAZING! Enjoy those beauties. And do tell how the movie was. Are you wearing your new shoes there?

Rachael

Micaela said...

i have been looking forward to this post! CLAIRE THOSE HEELS ARE GORGEOUS!!!!! and indeed, a smart trade! HOW LUCKY ARE YOU!?!?! but oh so deserving!!! i'm sooo jealous you get it to see it early! i can't wait to hear your thoughts.

FABULOUS!!!! xoxoxo

and YES, please say you're wearing your new CHOOS to the film!

Bitsy said...

A-mazing! I bet the dude was thinking... damn... really didnt count on winning the bloody shoes!!

Jessica said...

What a fabulous evening - and even better pair of shoes. I'm impressed that you were quick enough to scamper after him!

My Life in Purple said...

I'm slightly exaggerating when I say, "I would totally have sex with those shoes"...but only slightly...