Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Downward Spiral

We look innocent:

Meagan


Claire

But don't be fooled.

Yesterday, as we were deciding where to go to brunch, Meagan spoke these legendary words:

"I don't care where we go as long as they have champagne."

So we started at La Note, a classy little French cafe in downtown Berkeley, and sat in a window seat over brunch and mimosas (we ordered a bottle).


After we left La Note, we decided to walk down the street to Jupiter. After all, nothing wrong with sitting outside at a brewery on a beautiful summer sunshiney day, right?


Three or four beers (each) later, we figured it was time to go home. But all that changed when we walked past Beckett's Irish Pub on our way down the street (don't worry; we walked to La Note, so neither of us was driving).


And that's where the magic began to happen . . . and then was immediately truncated when I picked a fight with a guy who worked there and got us kicked out of the bar. What a scrappy drunk I am.

But that didn't stop us! We then took a bus (not sure how we ended up on the right bus) back to my house, where Meagan proceeded to drink sweet tea vodka, while I decided it was a perfect time to pop open a bottle of wine. At which point my phone rang--it was a good friend of the family's who was in town on business. Come on over!

Needless to say, Ciaran arrived to two very sloppy girls. But he claims he still had fun.

And that, my friends, is the reason for my latest break from booze. Tomorrow I will be drinking wheatgrass shots and eating raw vegetables.

26 comments:

Everton Terrace said...

Oh dear, it sounds like an absolutely great day. I can't say I've ever been kicked out of a bar. Might have to put that on my bucket list!

Alisa said...

Sounds like fun.

La Note, must be newer, not familiar. Actually it could be really old, I haven't lived in Berkeley in 20 years. :)

kad said...

Gorgeous picture of you!!!!!!!!!!!! ~ Peaches :)

FourJedis said...

Let me know when you're on the east coast and I'll get a babysitter. Hehe. Sounds like a blast.

Your Words With Friends unworthy opponent,
Natalie

shelly said...

LOL...that is such a random, fun day! love those...and they happen quite often in my life also.....and i always swear i am on a booze break the next day :) too funny

J. said...

I absolutely LOVE days like that! But the next day? Not so much...
XOXO

Faiza said...

just a normal tuesday eh? lol!

Diana Mieczan said...

Hahaha..That sounds like a good day...I love that:) I miss those times...Good for you darling:)
Those photos are so cute:)
Kisses and see you soo my lovely:)

Meghan said...

Best Day Ever!!! I love when a simple activity, like brunch, turns into a crazy fun day!

shari @ little blue deer said...

Ha ha, what's so awesome about this is that it was on a Tuesday! Good for you, Claire! XO!

drollgirl said...

bah! well it sure sounds like it was fun while it lasted! :)

angelina la dawn said...

claire! yay you got my package! i got your awesome thank you card in the mail yesterday. i'm so glad you enjoyed it- i always agonize about what to send. {and i've been blog stalking you for a while and i feel like i can finally follow without giving away that i'm your partner- i like surprise partners the best :) }

passport in my pocket said...

Jupiter looks awesome.

Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

Oh, it's been so long since I've had a day like that! I miss those days and miss you! Makes me wonder what I am doing here. But, then, I've been wondering that for ages now.

Hope your raw veggie diet made today feel better, so you can get out on the friday beat!

all love xoxoxo

MyLittlePhotographs said...

You ladies are so cute!!

Alison said...

mimosas with girlfriends? i couldn't think of a better way to spend a morning!

C'est La Vie said...

awww what a fun day!! i need a day off...

g e o r g i a ~ g i g i said...

Oh, you are too funny! Love that you managed to take a pic at each place! I hope you didn't feel to bad the next day!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend friend!

Phoenix Peacock said...

I have to agree. Champagne is a necessity in life!

jozen said...

HILARIOUS!!! sounds like a grand time :)

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

HaHa... there is nothing better than getting drunk with the girls!!! :D
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Feelmore said...

OK this hurt to read. I miss SF and the Bay so much! Moved down to LA recently, so thanks much for letting me live vicariously through you if even for a brief moment... :)

www.sayhellomax.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Oh gosh I can so relate to this post. Unplanned drinks are usually the most fun.

Heather Taylor said...

Haha, oh I've been there before! Good times in the summer for sure! Except getting kicked out of the bar of course.

Café Bellini said...

Oh I like Meagan already, that's the sort of thing I'd say!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Those places look so cute! I will have to remember those when I am in the area. I love Irish pubs :)
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment!