Monday, July 19, 2010

"Horndog High"

So telling y'all about this bizarre news story I discovered today also means confessing that I spent the afternoon on my couch drinking coffee and watching The Mary Kay LeTourneau Story on the Lifetime Movie Network (sis, are you proud of me?). However, you should also know that I was at Freeman's house babysitting for 17 hours yesterday, so a lazy day was well-earned, I think.

Plus, I finally coaxed myself out of my apartment tonight and had dinner with my dear friend Anna (the most delicious margherita pizza and my new favorite wine--a sparkling rose--at Boot & Shoe Service, a darling little restaurant in the Lake Merritt neighborhood of Oakland). They were even playing great music (The Knife, MGMT, Sufjan Stevens), and it was dark with super chic deco. But I'm getting off on a tangent, and don't even get me started on Oakland, cause what's going on in my poor blessed city is for a whole different post.

All right, back to Ms. LeTourneau, whom I gotta admit has always fascinated me. Is it sick that I've always sort of rooted for her and Vili? And that I'm kind of happy for them that they're still married and have a family together? Hope I don't get fired and/or arrested for saying that. ;) In any case, after I finished the movie (another confession: it wasn't the first time I'd seen it), I did some e-investigating to find out what's going on with everyone's favorite molesteacher these days, when I came across more amazingly funny teacher sex scandal(s):

Check these ladies out:

(excuse the poor picture quality; it's from an old nydailynews)

What do they all have in common?

1. They were all teachers at Brooklyn's James Madison High School, later dubbed by news sources as "Horndog High."
2. They were all caught in sex scandals at school in the same week.

OMG, can you imagine how fun it would have been to be a student at James Madison High that year?? My friends and I would have had a BALL squealing about the following stories:

1. The one on the left is Allison Musacchio. Rumor has it that a female student was snooping through the teacher's phone and found her ex-boyfriend's (another student) phone number in the teacher's phone. When she reported it, officials found over 200 steamy texts & voicemails between Ms. Musacchio and the student.

2. The two on the right are Cindy Mauro and Alini Brito, and their story is even funnier! During a school talent show one evening, a janitor opened the door to one of their classroom's to clean, and found the two teachers naked on the floor together! HAHAHAHA!

But the antics at Horndog High continued . . .


(Lisa Guttilla)

Then, in January, a 14 year old female student came home from volleyball practice one day when her mama noticed a big fat hickey on her neck. Eventually, the student caved and confessed that she received the hickey from her volleyball coach, Lisa Guttilla. My mind can't really get around the fact that not only did this woman have an affair with a teenager, but she left physical evidence. Now that's a cry for help if I ever did see one.

And to top it all off, the very next week, James Madison's assistant principal was accused of sexual harassment and put under investigation. Now, as a disclaimer, I don't think any sort of sexual harassment and/or abuse is funny, of course, but all this at one school in a matter of two weeks? What on earth is in their water fountains??

35 comments:

Melly Mel said...

oh i love your music taste and yes, you need days like those that you do nothing but veg.

awesome blog!

chelsea rebecca said...

THIS IS INSANITY!!!
i love weird news!
all at one school?? dang could you imagine walking the halls and gossiping about the newest scandal. i bet no one had homework!

Diana Mieczan said...

OMG...That is increadible....All at one school? That is really wierd....right?
Can you imagine the parents and the students now after all that...WOW...
Great post,sweetie:)
Glad you had a yummy pizza and enjoy your Monday:)
Kisses

Bea said...

I totally get you-those stories are freaking hilarious. I wonder how many parents pulled their children out of that school after hearing all those tales. I bet when they play football or baseball the opposite team starts chanting: 'horn!dog!high! horn!dog!high!'. :P

TO answer your comment: The ring just says my whole name, Beatriz. It's a personalized double finger ring.

B from A plus B

Café Bellini said...

Hahaha can't be serious!!! How funny!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

oh how interesting!!! love this kind of stuff. and i'm like you, she's always kinda fascinated me. yikes can't believe i admitted that!

glad u had a wonderful dinner. love me some margherita pizza. yummmy :)

Faiza said...

i am seriously intrigued about the interviewing process that takes place at this school to be hired as a teacher...

Meghan said...

Umm, wow. I cannot believe all of this is happening at the SAME school. It's so disturbing and sad...

Molly said...

Whoa! This is cra-azy!! But thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! Would you believe it if I told you, not only is my husband a quadruplet, but that they were NOT planned and his mother was in law school?! Love your blog!

Everton Terrace said...

Seriously? If this school was a TV show, nobody would believe it! Afraid I can't agree with you on Ms. LeTourneau - one sick puppy I think.
Still, that school, what the heck?

its simple love said...

Are you serious? Holy crap! What is wrong with these people!? And this school! All this in two weeks? They should've just shut down the school. Seriously. What a toxic place.

Rachael

Phoenix Peacock said...

hahaha. I guess it would be pretty scandalous to even apply there now.

Charlotte said...

On that last one, at least the mom was paying attention. I really don't envy teens growing up in a no holds bar environment where it seems anything goes and POP-U-lar culture rocks the cradle.

Nikki said...

Found your blog from your comment on M loves M today. Wanted to ask if you have any can't miss restaurants when visiting San Francisco? My Husband and I will be there in September for a quick weekend trip and food is very important to me ;)

My Dad works at the jail Mary Kay Letourneau was at. He said she was crazy and would call press conferences, and then change her mind when everyone showed up.

Also...while I was in HS one of my girl friends had relations with the hottest female teachers in our school. She can no longer teach in our state. But my friend was the envy of all the boys!

Great blog!

Erika said...

Seriously, it is reports like these that make you ask...what is the world coming to? :/

Rasha @ {andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Wow... I dont even know what to say, haha

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, this post made me laugh out loud!! Boy have times changed, haven't they?? Not sure if I'd like to be in school these days ;-)

drollgirl said...

GOOD LORD! all of these teachers are freaks!

and you are cracking me up watching that movie. i am not much better -- i watched one w/judi dench and kate blanchett (i think) that was of a similar topic. ew. gross.

it all reminds me of DEMI AND ASHTON. seriously.

molly YEH! said...

cougaring it up! that's nuts. these girls are in new york, can't they find some better dudes/ladies??!

bananas. said...

OMG those stories are KUH-RAZY!!! but i always find myself intrigued by the articles. i just can't see how a teacher could do such a thing. did you ever watch the dateline interview of that one gorgeous teacher...i forget her name. in her interview she said, "he asked for it so i gave it to him." uh WHATTTT?! pervo teachers are disturbing.

ANYWAY, thanks for my hair comment. i used a one inch curling iron to get waves that stay. it really works.

hope you had a fun weekend! xoxo.

Marz said...

I have a confession - I COMPLETELY get what you mean when you say you have always rooted for Ms. LeTourneau and Vili. I thought I was the only one! Granted I don't condone what she did, but what's done is done and I'm just glad that Vili wasn't psychologically damaged and that they got their fairy tale ending. They both paid for it through her jail sentence etc. but in a twisted way, it shows that true love will prevail! Thanks for the humor of weird news, nice appreciated break in my work day! :)

Annie Cristina said...

Oh my goodness, those stories from "Horndog High" are hilarious! Crazy but hilarious. Those are some sick, sick people. Thank goodness nothing like that has ever happened at the school where I work -- I can't even imagine it.

Gracie said...

Ack what a crazy school! That was such a fascinating read because I'm completely flabbergasted. Not just one teacher but 4? Plus an assistant principal. I can't imagine being a student there when it happened.

Although there were a few rumours at my school that one of the PE teachers had an affair with another teacher and that female teacher left. Plus two other teachers got together so one of them left the school?!

PinkLouLou said...

Hey girl! I just wanted to say thanks for all of your sweet blog comments! They truly make my day! xoxo

Megan said...

Oh my goodness that is so crazy!
My friend did her honours thesis on Teachers who molest children, it is a very interesting read.

Kara said...

Om freaking g this is awesome. There was a lil scandal at my high school in a bio teacher's lab (who was also the cheer coach) and she let two cheerleaders (M and F) into her lab to have sex because their parents wouldn't let them. It was a huge freaking hootenanny...I can only imagine what it would have been like if this sort of thing had happened! Major lolz. Also kind of awful, haha

julianne. said...

holy shit. this is insane!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

hasha, I get totally fascinated by MKL too!! Her story is damn near insane from being the married mom to teacher with affair who gets pregnant again while out on parole! Holy geez. This post was funny... what the hell is wrong with that school?? I would say they need to hire a new recruiter for their school. Geez, and you're right about the hickey. Cry for help!

Farah said...

OMG! all that in one school? cripes, what are they eating over there?!

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

yeah, sexual abuse isn't funny, but you can't help but laugh at the number os scandals at that school, and of course at it's nickname! geez, what's in the water at that place?

i have to confess, i've seen the mary kay letourneau movie on lifetime more times than i care to admit, an i too am happy that she and villy really are in love!

love jenny xoxo said...

WOW... that's crazy!!! I have my teaching license but I'm not teaching, and for now I'm very happy about that! I liked teaching but it was stressful. This sounds more like an ABC family series than a real life high school though!!

Summer {Bisfor...} said...

wtf? omg. humankind can be so weird!

um, btw, i miss you!

Micaela said...

Oh my gosh, i just adore you! LOL this cracks me up!!!!!!

HORNDOG HIGH! ha i love it.

and it's just fascinating!!! i once asked my old boss (who was also my former professor) if she ever thought a student was cute-- cos come on lets face it, teaching college as opposed to teaching junior high- it seems the stakes of this would be higher since it's more acceptable but i was curious and she said, for a second i did (when she first started teaching she was younger). Confess Claire, any cute vili's? I AM SOOO KIDDING!!! hahaha

this post was tooooo funny!

Heather Taylor said...

Damn, what's going on at that school? Crazy stories!

Hiking in Stilettos said...

This is totally bizarre! You're right that it's not funny b/c it's abuse, but it's pretty weird that it was all at one place and in one week! People are crazy!