Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday I'm in Love!


Today's done a number on me (who wants to have to guide a teenager through a pregnancy test on her lunch break . . . especially when said teenager already has a 6 month old!???), but I'm gonna will myself chipper by doing a Friday I'm in Love post:


So while I'm tempted to focus on all the things I'm most decidedly not in love with (teenage pregnancy, my headache, throwing up my lunch, etc.), here's a list of things that are striking my fancy and making it all a little bit cheerier . . .


1. CHEAT DAY

In one blissful hour I'm heading over to Zero Zero in San Francisco's SOMA district to:
a) celebrate the birthdays of two wonderful co-workers, and then
b) meet up with my friend Doro for a dinner

Zero Zero's margherita pizza with buffalo mozzarella


their famous organic soft serve with olive oil and sea salt

Being really strict about what I eat makes me all the more grateful for good food, wine, and cocktails on my weekly cheat days. So excited for Zero Zero's old school cocktails and heirloom tomato salad!


2. FUNNY STUDENTS

I walk into 2nd period today and my student E.M. says to me:

"Whatsup, Snowflake?"

HA! "White girl" = offensive. "Snowflake" = hilarious.


. . .

Okay I think that's pretty much it. Sorry. Can't eke out anything else . . . maybe tomorrow. Ha.

16 comments:

J. said...

Oh my, what a day... I certainly hope your evening makes up for it!!
And the snowflake comment is HILARIOUS!! You may have a new nickname! ;)

Katy Mary said...

um that pizza looks delicious!! I'm a super snowflake haha and I won't even comment on the teenage pregnancy biz lol.

Faiza said...

sweet dreams snowflake!

Lacey in the City said...

Hi! I just came across your blog on M Loves M, and am excited to have found you! What a rough day you did have, but at least you had a bit of a laugh with the snowflake comment (so funny)...and that soft serve with olive oil and sea salt looks divine!

Phoenix Peacock said...

well snowflake, it certainly was a unique day.


http://posters-artprints-and-pictureframes.com/demotivational-posters-individuality.htm

passport in my pocket said...

oh claire your blog is amazing. i love hearing about your day! crazy stories....

Meghan said...

Someday, we will meet up, drink lots of wine, and swap teaching stories:) You are a trooper, lady! Have a wonderful weekend!

Melissa said...

First off, soft serve with olive oil and sea salt?! Sounds amazing.

Also, I wanted to thank you for your kind comment on the "spread the love" post -- I really appreciate your words, and completely agree that sending letters and packages is a great way to spread joy and to experience joy yourself.

Kara said...

DUDE. Our jobs are so very similar. I had to talk a tantruming 13 y/o out of her mom's car the other day to come into therapy. Ended up doing therapy in the car in the parking lot for a good 15 minutes.

Three cheers for the weekend!!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

omg, I would cry about the pregnancy test task. My goodness- where are her parents?!?!?!? Ugh, ugh. I love cheat days too!!! I always eat healthy (minus this week, I literally have been so stressed that I allowed myself to skip the gym and dieting this week and start fresh Monday hah) during the week and then eat how I like on the weekends. Helps me appreciate it more!! That snowflake thing is pretty funny.

Krystal said...

snowflake, that is funny! i love it :) and i don't know if i'm going to sound like jessica simpson or whatever, but we just settled a debate at my house that buffalo cheese actually comes from buffalo!
(and that dress i'm wearing in the pics on my blog is from H&M!)

Erika said...

"Organic soft serve with olive oil and sea salt." That sounds extremely strange, yet incredibly intriguing all the same!! :)

Kinsey Michaels said...

that organic soft serve has my mouth watering!!! :) i found you from Katy Mary's blog - I was there at the US Weekly party with her! hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Diana Mieczan said...

hahah..I love the snowflake..:)
Wow...what a day you had....I hope you had a relaxing weekend and lovely Monday morning:)
Kisses,sweetie

drollgirl said...

snowflake?!?!??! bah! that is hilarious!

yours truly dear said...

hahaha. first of all: the teenager with the 6th month old and prego test reminds me of "teen mom" on mtv. love that. also, thats a riot about being called snowflake. oh, and yay for a cheat day. every day is a cheat day for me...