Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Penpals & Swaps

Lately I'm loving snail mail more and more (so cathartic to create pretty cards and letters, and I love sending and receiving letters from friends), so I recently signed up for the Dear Darlings Penpal Project over at Oh, My Darling! This is how it works:

Melissa pairs you up with 3-4 other penpal-seekers, and sends an email to the group with everyone's addresses and blog links. From there, you send out intro letters to your group, and let the correspondence begin. Here's my first letter to one of my penpals:


I still have two more to write (my group has four girls, total), but the first one was really fun. :)

There's no deadline to sign up; it's a "rolling admissions" type of situation, so the sooner you sign up, the sooner you get your penpals. Try it if you love old school letters as much as I do!

I also signed up for Gracie's Just Because You're Lovely Swap, and you still have 8 more days to do the same! You send Gracie your mailing info, blog link, and a paragraph about yourself and your interests, and your partner will construct a package just for you. :) (and vice versa, of course!). I'm excited about this one, because I love creating packages for someone based on her specific interests and loves!

Thought you might want to know about these two happenings. Keep me posted if you've joined any other great swaps that I should know about!

(And wish me luck keeping up all this writing and mailing now that I have to be back at school tomorrow!).

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Aw, thanks so much for posting about Dear Darlings! Your card is so pretty!

Lauren Nicole said...

mail is awesome, isn't it? :D so nice to see someone else getting into it and helping the postal service out; the mere thought of no more saturday mail makes my heart stop.

if i had the $$, i would do so many more swaps; because i love giving and creating things for other people that i know they'll REALLY love. grace is so great to start one with a theme like that, no? but anyway, yay for mail and swaps and AWESOMENESS that goes with it. :]

you should check out bianca's mix cd share swap (goodnightlittlespoon.com) if you haven't already. i think it's going to be epic. :P

<3 <3
- L

Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

Good luck at school tomorrow! I signed up for these too! Fun fun fun! I love it :)

And, yes, let's set up a Skype date. I would LOVE that!!! When is good for you?

Big hugs and love
heather

bananas. said...

snail mail really is the best. sadly i suck at it so these little penpal clubs...yea i never join. believe me, you wouldn't want a letter in my chicken scratch writing. it's horrible.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I love snail mail too but like Mayra said, I suck at being timely about getting things mailed out!!! I do think this is a fabulous idea though and I love it. The letters look beautiful! And thank you for your nice comment on my blog!! So sweet :)

FourJedis said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wish I had just an extra 5 minutes here and there on my hands... hopefully in the next year I can sign up for something like that.

Christy said...

I can't wait to see it in person! I'm working on mine for you all too! This is a lot of fun!

Faiza said...

Happy first day of school Claire! Love hearing about all the swaps out there!

Meghan said...

I love swaps and letters! They make me so happy:)

Krystal said...

aahaha yes i'm not even working and still needing to write my letters, yikes! i did get one off :)

Marz said...

Christy and all your other pen pals are so lucky to be matched up with you!!! Your letters are pure sunshine!!!!! :) Hope you had an amazing first day Claire! :) I'm SO happy you're back at school :) xo

Micaela said...

happy first day of school! :) i'm glad to have chatted with you while you were there ha

twinkie is right- your letters are PURE SUNSHINE!!! and whoever gets picked by you in Gracie's swap will just be so lucky cos you are a gift giving goddess!

Gracie said...

Aww thank you for the mention :) I will be sure to partner you with someone who is awesome!

And I'm also a part of the wonderful penpal project. I better get started on my letters!

Diana Mieczan said...

I know the feeling of sending and writitng:)...Have a fun day at school...Should be really cool, right?

Kisses my lovely and see you soon:)