Monday, September 13, 2010

Cute Boys & NFL Hotties

So this season I'm totally into football.  It definitely has a little bit to do with Tim Riggins, who helped me to patiently observe and learn how the game works (and who also helped me to appreciate hot football players).  There are several teams I like--most having to do with the places I've lived--but I'm a Saints girl at heart.  How can you not root for New Orleans?  That said, I also wanna see victories for the Falcons (I'm from Georgia), 49ers (I live in the Bay Area), and Steelers (my bff and her husband live in Pittsburgh and are big Steelers fans).

Yesterday, while sitting on my couch watching three consecutive football games, I did a little research on hottie NFL players.  Here are my top three football studs . . . these boys bring a whole new meaning to fantasy football:

1. Troy Polamalu--Pittsburgh Steelers

I mean, whoa.

My bestie has a big crush on him, and it's pretty obvious why.  This man with the million dollar hair is fiiiiiiiiiine.  Plus, he does pilates and raises orchids.  And he's a stud on the field!


2. Mark Sanchez--New York Jets

look me in the eyes and tell me you love me

This guy is just my type.  It's his second year as the QB for the Jets, and I can't wait to watch him play against the Ravens tonight!  What a doll.  And he seems like a sweetie, too (I may have read some interviews).  


3. Matt Leinart--Houston Texans

ooh la la

"Lion Heart" just signed a one-year contract with the Texans as their 3rd QB.  Poor guy got released from the Cardinals and was 10th pick in the draft.  But he's darlin and optimistic that he'll do better with the Texans under Coach Gary Kubiak.  He's a lefty-thrower and has a precious freakin' smile.

Oddly enough, every one of these beauties comes from USC.  What is it about that school that breeds such smokin' young men?  I just might have to try to become a professor.

***

And speaking of cute boys, I hung out with my main man Freeman all day on Saturday, and when I arrived at his house, this is what he and his dad were sporting:


I mean, really?  What's cuter than that?  Maybe this:

Freeman & his buddy Milo walking to the pool later that afternoon

As I enjoyed my lunch date with Freeman on Saturday, I thought, you know . . . even if the cutest guys I hang out with are 2 years old, it's not so bad.  They're pretty sweet companions. ;)

***

So who do you think is the hottest NFL player this season?

31 comments:

Everton Terrace said...

You have got to be kidding me. Those matching outfits are TO DIE FOR cute. I have fainted from the sweetness!!!
I felt bad for Leinart - so overshadowed by the fabulous Kurt Warner and so hoped he would shine now that Warner retired. Alas, perhaps Phoenix just wasn't the right place. Am hoping he can do better in Texas as well.
I'm too old and happily married to comment on Mark Sanchez but I might faint again.

Miss Chelsea said...

Austin Collie! He plays for my boys in blue and is a total cutie.... http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=video&content=50efe97a-4595-4ba7-88b5-d40212e8c85e

Meg - [Life of Meg] said...

Mmm mmm mm! Tim Riggins is quite the delectable treat!

That is the cutest little matching baby ever! Love it.

Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

You are just the sweetest! I love reading about your outings with the little guys, and whoa! is right. Diggin' the eye candy too!

big hugs and love to you!

April said...

Mmmmm, Polamalu... I love his hair! And he has a pretty good sense of humor. His voice is kind of feminine though... but I'm just not going to think about that. We don't have to do any talking.

I thought of you the other night! There's a player on my old high school's football team with the last name of Riggins!! He was playing pretty well too so they kept saying his name and it kept giving me a little chuckle. ;)

bananas. said...

i think i'm the only one who doesn't root for new orleans. i mean i kinda get the hype but i haven't fallen for it. nor do i think i ever will. like i was pissed they won last year.

but anyway...yes love football and the men that play it. mmhmm!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I watch a lot of football- only because I have to- I think T Brady is pretty hot- although he needs a hair cut- My hubs grew up in Boston- OyVey.

shelly said...

i am sorry...i don't pay one bit of attention to football (except to drool over Tom Brady)...but the hotties above are making me reconsider this! lol (ok, not really)

i am dying to hear details of your evening with David and Ray!!???

i just started Dharma Punx, so i will let you know...but i think Noah's story is amazing so i know i am going to love it!

sharonlei said...

You're going to slap me.. I don't follow football. I have no idea was is going on when a game is on. I'm not sure if I told you, but there was one Super Bowl where I was like, "Oh wow! How are they moving that yellow line so quickly?!". I think the "yellow line" is the line of scrimmage?? Anyway.. my sister in law, looked at me like I was crazy and explained that that line is cg'd for home viewers and that it's not really there. LOL! I'm such a dork.

Those football players up there are pretty yummy though. :D

xx Love & Aloha

Faiza said...

you are too adorable! i am not a huge NFL fan...actually i know nothing about it but i have seen troy in a head and shoulders commercial and i think he's GORGEOUS!

Kara said...

Hold up a sec. RAISES ORCHIDS???!!!

...

...
......

............


Seriously?! I think I'm in love.

Diana Mieczan said...

I love eye candy...I am not too big on NFL but I enjoy looking at cute guys..hahah:)
Kisses,sweetie

~KS said...

My main man... Aaron Rodgers. My team's QB (GB Packers). I know we are destined to be together and get married. He is smoking hot... rarrr. Football is the best sport ever :)

drollgirl said...

get away from my long-haired nfl man! he is smokin' hot! SMOKIN' HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. i couldn't give two shits about football, but it is rather fun to look at their amazing bodies. YUM.

Meghan said...

Great question! I just started following, so I don't really have a sense of who's hot yet - but I do know that I have New Orleans on defense in my fantasy team!

rinniez said...

That third guy is H-O-T!
mmmmmm mmmm mmmmm.
:)
xx

Summer {Bisfor...} said...

kara's comment was hysterical.

i love you.

MarchMusings said...

Great looking guys!!

Micaela said...

Mark Sanchez is HOTT!!!! he would be my pick now that my main guy Kurt Warner (AZ Cardinals QB) retired. Tom Brady is good looking and so is Brett Favre but Mark Sanchez has to be the hottest!

agreed ;)

you are so cute to research cos i seriously didn't know beautiful hair man raised Orchids! lol

my man Romo of course has to be on the list ;) and speaking of fellow Texans... how about your #3's team beating the Colts?! awesome!

OH MY GOODNESS, i died at that ADORABLE pic of matching dad and son wear. And the name Freeman-- LOVE IT!!! i think your handsome tots are the best dates ;)

xoxo

ps. THANK YOU for the sweet comments on my exciting game yesterday! although an upset, man oh man i was in heaven! :) can't wait to go to another one!!!!

shari @ little blue deer said...

They are cute! I wish they weren't all covered up with helmets and black stuff! Claire, where in Georgia are you from? Go Falcons! XX!

Stephanie said...

Haha I love it! Fight On!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Love this list- gosh those boys are cute! Troy is from Oregon- woop woop! Matt L. is really cute but my boyfriend just told me he dated Paris hilton... ewwwwww. Also- none of these boys hold a candle to your little ones! How fun you get to spend timewith little kids. SO cute!!!! I adore it. (ps mark sanchez is hot hot hot). Go Broncos! :)

Jen said...

Hottest? Boy, I'm not sure, there are so many! But Troy, Mark and Matt are definately in the top 10. I'd take these 3 any day! ;-)

Happy Tuesday Dear! xo

Erika said...

Matt Leinart. And I don't even watch sports. I've kind of been crushing on him since he was on "Laguna Beach." You know, when he was dating Kristen? But ohmigosh he has gotten so much cuter over the years! But seriously...Freeman and Milo are the cuties in this group - love!

By the way, I was able to add actual music to my blog by tweaking the YouTube embed codes a little. :)

Oh, My Darling said...

Hooray for the Steelers representation!!

J. said...

I can't help but love Brees. I'll ALWAYS love Favre. AND since Sam Bradford is now starting QB for the Rams, I'll add him to the top of my list! (He's friends with my brother... how can I NOT?!) :)

orsoifeel said...

No one is hotter than Tim Riggins... but then I guess we can't really claim him as an actual player and I agree after watching FNL from day one I grew to love and understand the game more. lol

Camilla Leila said...

hahaha my best friend used to date mark sanchez.

Krystal said...

helloooo mark sanchez, nice to meet you!

Colleen said...

Great Post.... I too am a new NFL convert... thanks to Hard Knocks and Mark Sanche ;-)

myra said...

holy smokes, mark sanchez. he is beautiful! i'm a huge football fan, so suffice it to say i've built my list of cuties ;) haha.

(i <3 tim riggins too. so glad someone else shares my love!)

that picture of milo & freeman going to the pool..PRECIOUS! i'm loving it!