Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday I'm in Love!



Yay!  It's Friday and I am in love with a lot more things than I was in love with last Friday.  My jerkface students & I hugged it out and made up today, and we're all staring a 3 day weekend in the face!  I don't even mind that I'm not going away to a warm beach this weekend, cause I'm so dang excited to catch up with some things around the house and otherwise be blissfully lazy.  Here's my 9/3/10 love list:


Birthday Earrings!
I am decidedly in love with all six pairs of earrings I got for my bday, but here's a spotlight on two pairs in particular (both of which I've worn this week):





The dangly beauties on the left feature photographs of Anais Nin, one of my very favorite writers/women/historical figures.  I LOVE HER.  They are from my best friend, Tiffany, who lives in Pittsburgh and whom I miss terribly (we've been bffs since 9th grade).  The adorable little studdies on the right are incredibly thoughtful fleur de lis pretties from the sweet-as-pie Summer!  They are especially meaningful since Summer & I share a deep love for New Orleans (she's from NOLA, I went to college there).  Thank you sweet girls!


Only Gold for Me
Not only is that my personal mantra, but it's the name of my new favorite nail polish.  I laid eyes on it this week in Sephora, tested it on my thumb, and knew right away that I had to have it.  Sadly, they were all out!!!  I couldn't bring myself to buy the tester, as it only had about 25% left in it.  You better believe I'll be waiting in line as soon as they get a new shipment; check out how gorgeous:

hot


Pretty Hair
I'm about as attached to my hair stylist, Lauren, as I am to anything in this mortal world.  Which is why I'm thrilled to have an appointment with her here


this coming Wednesday afternoon for a cut & Brazilian blowout!  Can't wait for my locks to be shiny & silky right outta the shower.  I'll report back with the results, of course.


Labor Day
I mean . . . as someone who has two jobs, values unions, and appreciates the common working man, I am fond of the spirit behind Labor Day, as detailed in Wikipedia:

The form for the celebration of Labor Day was outlined in the first proposal of the holiday: A street parade to exhibit to the public "the strength and esprit de corps of the trade and labor organizations," followed by a festival for the workers and their families.

But I have to be honest and admit that I actually care a lot more about the fact that we get a long weekend than I am about the sentiment.  Bring on the Monday BBQ at our house!

Happy long weekend!

31 comments:

J. said...

Hope you have a great 3 day weekend!! :)

julianne. said...

i doo love those earrings and thta polish! <3

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

that polish may be one of the prettiest things i've seen in quite some time. now you've got me thinking of all the colors it would work with!

have a good weekend!

Melly Mel said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG
so glad you love your hair stylist. that makes me super happy!
have a wonderful weekend Claire!

Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

Dearest, have a beautiful long weekend! So can't wait to hear about the Brazilian Blowout. I was so intrigued when you last wrote about it. Next time I go to Santiago, I am getting my face lasered (I think...), not a blowout, but kinda crazy, eh? I am going to try to get in with your hair stylist when I'm back in the States! (Serkan's interview is on October 13... crazy times of change ahead!)

Have a great long weekend! xoxo

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Happy Labor Day!! :) Love the earrings, so adorable! I needs some new ones, too. And the gold nail polish is amazing :)

angie may said...

Those earrings are super cute and I loooove that nail polish. So cute! Have a great holiday weekend! <3

Kayla said...

Happy long weekend. Love the earrings.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

yours truly dear said...

i like that polish! isnt sephora addicting? it's dangerous for me. also, have you ever had a brazilian blowout before? i want one. have a lovely long weekend!!

Kara said...

GOOD HEAVENS I'm in love with those fleur de lis earrings!!! Would you be terribly offended if I went on the hunt for a copycat pair? Seriously, they are gorgeous.

And HOLLA!!! Sparkly nail polish is where. It's. At. I'm all over sparkly things right now.

Got your letter today - LOVE. I had the worst day and it totally brought a smile to my face. I think we've got a good thing going here :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Those are such a sweet earrings...I so love getting my hair done too...It always relaxes me so much:) Love the feeling:)
Kisses,sweetie

shelly said...

have a great weekend Claire :)

angelina la dawn said...

love the fleur de lis studs! and the nail polish is awesome. does it come in silver? i'm more of a silver girl.

Annie Cristina said...

Your earrings are gorgeous! I've been meaning to read Anais Nin -- never read anything by her before (blasphemy, I know). Which book should I start with first?

Betty said...

Cute earrings! Enjoy the long weekend and monday bbq. :)

Phoenix Peacock said...

oh my - that polish over a teal undercoat... so me!

hiven said...

lovely
xx

April said...

Glad your Friday was so nice! :) Love that gold nail polish!

MarchMusings said...

Pretty earrings. Have a great long weekend

Stephanie said...

Oo yes! I love meeting another OTH fan. I've been a loyal fan since Season one! Who's your favorite character?

Indie.Tea said...

What pretty earrings! Have you seen Chanel's Illusion d'Or nailpolish? You might like it....

shari @ little blue deer said...

Oooh, love all of these, Claire! I really love the Anais Nin earrings, way too cool! I live in Savannah now but I grew up in Atlanta! First I went to Brookwood HS, then to North Springs when we moved to Dunwoody (which is where my parents still live). What about you? Small world, eh? XX!

Erika said...

Just as a tip - try eBay for the nail polish. I literally buy all of my polish on eBay - the prices aren't bad, and you can oftentimes locate hard to find colors.

One person is selling Only Gold For me right now. Here's a link - http://cgi.ebay.com/Sephora-OPI-Nail-Polish-Only-Gold-Me-SE-451-/360294561006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e33ab4ee.

Happy, Happy Long Weekend, my love!! :)

kirstyb said...

love sparkly nail polish xxx

Faiza said...

i'm in love with your friday! i wanna see the blowout too! pictures please!

hope you are gearing up for a wonderful bbq tomorrow.

happy weekend to you happy claire.

Gracie said...

I love 3 day weekends :) Those earrings are simply beautiful! What thoughtful presents indeed. x

Krystal said...

niiiice earrings...love the anais nin ones, that is so cool!

Micaela said...

those earrings look GORGEOUS on you! and so does the flower pin. pretty!!!

i wish we were roommates for so many reasons but i'm not going to lie-- one of them is so i can wear/borrow your things ;)

labor day weekend was all about labor for me (alas) but! i did find home for two more puppies today!!! HIGH FIVE!

and next weekend is my football game! I CAN NOT WAIT!!! ;)

you think i can pull off wearing my cowboys jersey, cut off shorts with my j.crew mocs and put a feather in my hair for the redskins? ha! max is seriously worried about me wearing a Cowboys jersey in Redskins land but i can't go to my first DALLAS COWBOYS game without a jersey of my team!

i wish i loved painting my nails like you because i am LOVING the gold and your go-to Poppy colour.

XOXO

Micaela said...

*find a home* you know what i meant ;)

ps. i'm glad you and your jerkface students (oh i died laughing when i read that!) made up.

I'm listening to "long lost brother" AGAIN. i can't stop listening to your mixed tapes :)

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Your earrings are so cute and seem to go so well with your personal style! I love this: "I mean . . . as someone who has two jobs, values unions, and appreciates the common working man, I am fond of the spirit behind Labor day." Very well said!!! You seem to earn the extra day off- I hope you had a great one!

Join the Gossip said...

Both pairs of earring are adorable, but the second pair are gorgeous! Great gifts :)

Love the polish, too!

Hope your Labor Day was fantastic and your hair appointment goes well!