Friday, October 1, 2010

Art Murmur

Oakland Art Murmur is yet another amazing thing that my fair city has to offer.  The first Friday of every month, all the galleries on Telegraph open their doors and have exhibits (often with wine & snacks!) for the public to see.  There are folks selling handmade things in the streets, people making music, and crowds gathered to see the latest local artists' work.  I saw an incredible exhibit on the prison system at Rock, Paper, Scissors one month.



Sadly, Art Murmur is precisely where I won't be tonight, as instead, I am sitting at my dining room table saddled with a bazillion papers to grade (all before 6 week grades must be submitted--11:59 pm tonight!).  How's that for the perfect way to ruin a Friday night?  Ughhhhhhh.  In case you're interested, this is my current view:


Pray that I come out alive.

It's Friday and I am decidedly not in love.

13 comments:

this free bird said...

um did you get my note on fb? you know what i suggested, correct? (no pun intended on the correct thing - hehe).

xoxo,
carrie

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

That Oakland Art Murmur sounds fun. I can't wait till I am in town. Going to be in the bay area next year. =)

April said...

Good luck!! :)

Krystal said...

ewww, goodluck!!!!

bklyn76 said...

art murmur sounds so fun! grading=the one thing i really don't miss from teaching! hope you got it all done!

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

well, i don't want to brag, but i think i had a more interesting friday night. i wish we had a better art scene around here, becuase i love not only to see what an artist has created, but being able to meet them and talk to them about what they do. maybe next friday will be better!

Phoenix Peacock said...

I hope you woke up to a BEAUTIFUL and free saturday morning!

Janet Dillon Robinson said...

Awww... sorry you had to miss out, it sounds so fun!

heather yalin said...

get out alive! hope you are well!

Micaela said...

i want to go with you there someday!

i understand the friday i'm not in love... friday is when my "work week" really starts... sucks! i'm off to work in fact, but i hope grading is finished for you!

love you and MISS YOU!!!

Faiza said...

happy weekend my friend! when will your crazy work filled weekends end?

i feel bad consuming french fries knowing that you are working so hard :)

Kara said...

Hope the grading went well girlfriend. I know how rough those nights are...hope you had a bottle of wine to keep you company ;)

Erin said...

Oh dear. Hope you can make up for it next Friday night by doing some fun and completely unrelated to school!