Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday I'm in Love!

Not only is it Friday, but it is a Friday before a long weekend!!!  Double the love (cause a week without a Monday is a blessed week).  


This Friday, I'm in love with . . .

1. Girls' Night
Tonight, my foursome and I have 7:15 reservations at my neighborhood favorite, Pizzaiolo.  (I've discussed this place before; it's home of delicious wood-fired pizzas made with locally grown ingredients, and even better, house made tonic to go in your end-of-the-week cocktails!).  Can't wait for some girly catch-up and a scrumptious margherita pizza.


2. Friday surprise packages!
Guess what I found on my dining room table this morning?  A sweet little package from my dear friend Faiza!


It made me so happy this morning!  My favorite part was her long and thoughtful letter, closely followed by the plantable bookmark she gave me.  There is a little butterfly that you detach and plant--it has seeds in it.  And it says: "You can cut all the flowers but you cannot stop the spring from coming.  Pablo Neruda." This is particularly meaningful to me both as a poet and a person who seriously appreciates hopefulness & optimism.  And also because, lets face it, we all remember that quote from the first Sex and the City movie when Smith sends Samantha a grass plant from his far-away shoot. :)

Faiza also included other calming gifts, such as soothing face masks and tea.  How wonderful is she???

3. Love and Weddings
This weekend I'm headed down to Cambria, a beach town just a little bit north of San Luis Obispo, for a friend's wedding.  I'm so excited for her and can't wait to see her marry the man she loves--what a happy occasion.  It's going to be a fun weekend, filled with friends and cocktails and love stories . . . what a sweet little getaway, huh?


Happy weekend, Geaux Saints, and please keep my friend Summer in your thoughts.  She is constantly in mine.  

20 comments:

Summer {Bisfor...} said...

i love you.
i hope your package makes it to you soon.

Rach said...

Yay for Friday! Have a great weekend Claire! You will LOVE Cambria :)

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Awesome... I love girls nights, too! I'm having a mini one tonight and it's the perfect end to the week. I love weddings, have fun!

Marz said...

SO jealous you get a long weekend :*( I wish I did!!!!! We do not observe Columbus Day in our office :*( When twinkie and I make it out your way one of these days we must go to Pizzaiolo :)
I just love Faiza! She's so wonderful :) Wouldn't it be amazing if we all got together one day and spent a wonderful girls weekend?!? We should seriously do it one day :)
Have a wonderful weekend Claire!!! xoxoxo

Faiza said...

I vote for a girly weekend too!

So happy that my package made it to you and brought you some cheer. I love those face masks.

This post radiates positive energy and definitely brought me cheer! Have a blissful weekend!

Micaela said...

oh to have a weekend AND a monday off. Please think of me stuck at work ALL WEEKEND while you have a fun girls night and a wedding ;) JOKING, you deserve the fun!!!

so sweet of Faiza :) and yes! I agree with marianne-- GIRLS WEEKEND together, YES! we can throw in some baseball for me and Faiza-- Faiza, how about my Rangers!? ;) ha!

love you all.

thinking of summer :( my heart hurts for her

Sophie@Diary of a Young Designer said...

My gosh that pizza sounds amazing! Have loads of fun!!

xo
Sophie

The Girlie Blog said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend ahead.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

OMG! I'm so jealous. Sounds like you're going to have a great weekend. There's this pizza place here called Pizzaiolo too and it's on the beach side, anyways, it's my absolute favorite pizza place to go to. The pizza is great and the beach view is a major bonus

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Wonderful Claire. I love a weekend that includes a wedding. Haven't been to on in ages.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

your friday night plans sound really fun! I love organized dinner dates with friends like that- when we actually take the time to make reservations. that is really sweet of your friend to send that! I love thoughtful people like that. I hope the wedding is going well! You're probably partying at it right now!

Erika said...

Ohmigosh surprise packages - how I adore them! They are what makes life perfect!!

Gah! And I totally hear you on the Naharra Piped Boots - I bought a pair in each color yesterday Online. I'm hoping that they are the right size (I've heard strange things about sizing with Sam Edelman). I will let you know; and keep my eye out for look-a-like's!! :)

shari @ little blue deer said...

Oooh, Cambria is so pretty! Hope your weekend has turned out wonderfully, Claire, and you have 2 more days of it! XX!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Hope you are having a glorious weekend Claire!

Meghan said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend with dear friends! And that Faiza is something else - adore her!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Hope you had a great time at the wedding! That part of the state is beautiful!

And now I am craving pizza lol ;)

bananas. said...

i must try that little pizza place of yours. sounds devine!

hope you had a fabuloso weekend my dear!

November Grey said...

Don't you just love Girl's Night? Sometimes I think it's what keeps me sane. Just stumbled upon your blog. Loving it!

xx

November Grey
$70 makeup giveaway!

heather yalin said...

Long weekend? here too, but I have no idea why (I never do!) :)

LOVE your package love from beautiful sweetheart Faiza, and your girls' night!!! Wish I could be there!!!! Enjoy your day off today! xoxox

Melly Mel said...

oh man, i want that pizza NOW...
you are so sweet