Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Game of the Year

Hello, again!  I've missed you all in my absence . . . I've been dwelling in  holiday and family (and snow!) here in Georgia.  Hope everyone else's Christmas was as beautiful as mine was.  My best gift?  Inches of snow!


on my mama's back deck on Christmas Day
excuse the poor picture quality--camera was dead!

But last night came the real excitement as the Saints took on the Falcons in the Georgia Dome.  Note that I am a major Saints fan currently in Falcon territory!  And given that I grew up in Georgia, you can imagine my facebook news feed was brimming with this kind of slander:

Hunter Willett:  I hope the aints fans are wearing protective gear cause there will be some shankin going on tonight if they want to talk that who dat BS. They will walk into the dome tonight happy and hoping for a win and they will leave with a loss and a knife in that ass.

I mean whoa, man, a little agro there, huh?  In any case, I quietly basked in giddiness and glory since my boys were the first team to take down the Falcons in their own stadium this season.  WHO DAT!



We had at least 20 people over to my dad & Amy's house, and I believe I was the only New Orleans fan in the room . . . but I wore my Love Dat! shirt, fleur de lis earrings, gold glitter shoes, and my Who Dat scarf, and I cheered my boys on proudly. 

I'm off to lunch with the family, but I'm eager to catch up on all of your blogs and hear about your holidays!

21 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

That looks like a cold xmas morning- glad your holiday was good!

Phoenix Peacock said...

Oh what delightful family time! And I'm so jealous of the snow - can you believe that in Boulder Colorado we still havent had any real snow this year. Ridiculous.

Ashley said...

woot woot who dat!?! Glad your saints won!

love the snow! lucky! =)

sharonlei said...

Claire! Glad you got to spend time with your family for the holidays... So awesome that you got to spend it in snow! I'm still waiting for the day that I get to touch, feel, and play in the snow! ONE DAY! My Christmas was pretty lowkey, but it was nice spending it with family. :)

Hope you're well my dear!

xx Love & Aloha

Summer {Bisfor...} said...

and this is why i love you more than yesterday!

Faiza said...

hope your throat is feeling better friend. so fun to hear that you are surrounded by lots of love at home!

J. said...

I was LOVING the game last night!! I even had Love excited about the Saints victory, when normally he is apathetic to my team. WHO DAT?

Erin said...

A white Christmas in Georgia... wow!

bklyn76 said...

um, so as the non-football fan in my family, i'll have you know that i watched part of this game and only b/c of you! go saints!

can you believe toronto hasn't received any snow in what feels like 2 weeks???

~KS said...

Love that you had snow... and that your boys won!!!! Woo hooo!!!

starnes family said...

Love your Saints gear! So cute.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I don't follow the saints so I didn't know about any of that but LOVE the snow picture! I am so jealous, i ahve been dying for snow!!! how amazing to have a white christmas.

Tucker said...

WHO DAT!! So happy you're a saints fan!!

how lovely to have a white christmas!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Fun snow picture and hey if you're a fan, you're a fan (with cute team gear as well!)

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

That was a good game to watch. Happy you got snow and Happy New Year.

Marz said...

Love getting to see photos of you beautiful Claire! :) I'm so happy you are enjoying your time at home with your family! Sounds like you had a great time at the football party despite being the only Saints girl in Falcons territory! I have to hand it to your boys, that was an AMAZING game!!! :) I thought of you the entire time and was glad to be able to text you ;)

Kimbirdy said...

hooray for a white christmas!!! in georgia no less. my mom called me when she was driving from my sister's house in commerce, ga back home in chattanooga and was totally freaked out about driving in the snow. my mom is from wisconsin, but it's been a while. ;) enjoy it for all of us california folk!

julianne. said...

woooowwwzaa for snow in GA.
gottta love it.
hope you had suchh a wonderful holiday.<3

Meghan said...

I am so glad you got some snow and football for Christmas:) I love your spirit, lady!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Look at all that snow!!

E. Charlotte said...

Ha ha! This made me chuckle. :) Hurray for the Saints! And all that snow too! Glad you got some of the white stuff for the holiday!