Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Jerry! Jerry!

Today's episode of 5th period was outta control!  Sometimes when my kids act like they drank a little crazy in their milk carton, I get crazy right back at 'em (call security, write referrals, raise my voice, etc.)


But today I just sat back and enjoyed the show . . .

(Enter S, a teeny little volatile thing with an ice-breaking attitude).
S:  J, I HEARD you talked to the counselor about me.  You snitch!  You act like a lil ass kid!
J:  Whatever!  F--- you!  I don't give a f--- about you!  (commences singing)
S:  Grow up!  You snitch!  No one likes you!  I don't give an f--- about YOU!  I swear Ms. Kiefer I'm gonna slap him.
J:  Do I look like I care?  Do I look like I care?  Do I look like I care?  Do I look like I care?  Do I--
(Enter V, a girl who suffers from a total lack of a FILTER).
V:  GROW A D--- and THEN talk to us!
J:  I'll go outside and show it to you right now.  (starts undoing his belt). Come on!  Let's go!
V:  ACT LIKE A N----!  ACT LIKE A N----!  ACT LIKE A N----!
J:  You got me f----- up.  F---.

etc, etc.  I just had to take a deep breath and practice calm, positive thinking.

Afterwards, I told them they were all being ridiculous.  And then we went on with our activity about racial profiling.  Winter break, where art thou???

19 comments:

Phoenix Peacock said...

hahaha... oh honey. have some wine for goodness sake! (and maybe for your sanity too)

Gotta love em though.

starnes family said...

Winter break or box of wine! Good Lord.

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

hahaha sheesh! i would definitely say a break is going to be welcome!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Oh my Claire, we have very very different days. God bless you, you're doing a good thing and you deserve a nice drink when you get home.

Micaela said...

oh your kids! everyone knows you well-- a glass of wine , YES PLEASE! :)

Krystal said...

I think that sounds like fun!

J. said...

Drink up, girlfriend! I'm having a glass as I type, and pondering on the thought that my filthy mouth has gotten just about as bad as your crazy kiddos. Yikes.

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

oh my gosh, claire, i love your classroom stories, but man, i don't know how you do it!

more, please!

styleforlife said...

I agree they were acting ridiculous. ha!
Good call! xxx Emily from EL Vintage

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

You are my hero- my monkeys gave me a hard time doing homework- after attending their small class private school- and I need a drink- Okay- I'm over it.

Marz said...

oh em gee :) Kids are SO bad these days! Thank goodness for good teachers like you to have some type of good and positive example for them to look up too!! I almost feel guilty giggling at their convo because I know it was frustrating for you, but I sure do love the exchanges that happen in your classrom :) Christmas break will get here before you know it love!

bananas. said...

your student stories never fail to make me smile. i know it's wrong for kids to speak to each other like that but such is life and kids these days. way to be the calming force in the room. go ms. kiefer!

this free bird said...

Girl you need a box o wine in that desk girlfriend.

And I think these kids may or may not have learned some of their English from me. F bomb central up in here. :(

xo,
c

Rach said...

god I have no clue how you do it. I definitely do not have the patience to be a teacher. My mom teaches elementary and as soon as she's home the wine comes out.

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally adore your classroom stories...hahah..They are the best! Hugs and kisses, sweetie

Ps: I am hosting a stunning leather clutch GIVEAWAY today, just in time for Holiday Parties!

Jude said...

OMG, those sweet little monsters! You deserve a good strong gin and tonic after that! (Or maybe really spiked eggnog, as a nod to the holiday season :))

Kimbirdy said...

oh yes! i know these priceless youthful interactions all too well. :) hang in there! the break is coming soon.

and if it helps, my kids always told me they secretly liked school because it kept them out of trouble, but that they hated how teachers thought they needed the education watered down. just a little fyi to keep you going in the craziness.

Kara said...

V should be my new bff for realsies. She sounds badass.

Faiza said...

that interaction sounded kinda melodic! perhaps you can tape them and make a mix tape? ;)