Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ornament Swap!

Many of you also participated in Micaela's annual ornament swap.  I was lucky enough to have two partners!  My original partner was Lauren Nicole, but then Micaela asked if I would also pair up with her younger sister, Madeline . . . swap ornaments with another lovely Lechuga girl?  Of course I will!


I was psyched to hunt for just the right ornaments for these girls.  Micaela gave me a couple tips for Maddie--that she loves owls, and that she'd like a San Francisco ornament since she wants to visit here one day.

I scooped up this adorable owl from Etsy shop Beets and Bernice.  If you like it, I highly recommend buying from her--she's so sweet and ships quickly!  Plus, the ornament was even more adorable in person that it was in pictures:


I wasn't willing to venture into tourist-land for an SF ornament (I imagine I would've had to go to Fisherman's Wharf or some other tourist-laden 'hood), so I made one for Maddie:

amateur, but cute-ish, right?

and wrapped 'em up like this:


and sent 'em off to Texas!

Maddie had a similar idea about what to get me: one from her home state, and one ornament representing something I  looooove.

I love this!!  Makes me think of all my Lechuga girls.

love me, love my shoes

A pretty perfect exchange, right?  I wouldn't have expected anything less from a partnership with Micaela and Marianne's sister.  :)  Merry Christmas, Maddie, and thanks for the sweet ornaments!

My exchange with Lauren Nicole was just as great.  All I knew about her was that she has impeccable taste . . . so I ordered some vintage ornaments from my sister's etsy shop, Very Fine House:

(four) turtledoves, and a partridge in a pear tree

sweet vintage deer ornament, also from my sister's shop

Aren't they darling?  But I decided to attempt to make one for Lauren, also . . . so I tore up some Vogue magazines and broke out the holiday sparkly modge podge and ended up with this (it's spherical, so I couldn't get a good picture of it! but you'll get the idea):


Lauren sent me two exquisite beauties from Anthropologie.  They're pretty much exactly what I would have picked out for myself . . . how did she know? and I quickly placed them front & center on my tree!

This delicate little bird is so pretty, and her underbelly is grayish-silver glitter!

a colorful knit K for my last name

Thank you, Lauren!  I love both my ornaments so very much, and as you can see, they went right up on my tree!  I've already yammered on and on about how in love I am with my Christmas tree, and now it has four new, special ornaments that make it all the more lovely.  

Micaela, I'm already looking forward to next year's swap. ;)

28 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE this idea! Is it sad that this is the first I've ever heard of an ormament swap?

Happy Saturday Dear! xo

starnes family said...

Beautiful. All of them! Love the San Fran ones you made. Not amateur at all!

The vintage baby deer? Precious.

TeachingInHeels said...

I love the birdie ornaments...adorable!

drollgirl said...

so cute!!! possibly cuter than the ornaments that i have! yup, i think these are better!!!

Micaela said...

aww they are PERFECT, the ones you sent and received! :)

and i bet they look great on your beautiful tree!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

i also love that kate sent me a matching reindeer! i love him!

{ I V Y } said...

so cute!

stephanie said...

Tell me when you watch One Tree Hill! I wanna know what your reaction was on it :)

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

All so lovely! The shoe one is too adorable and so appropriate :)

Aww, thanks for signing up for Bloglovin' just for me! Wishing you a million good vibes for the giveaway dear! Btw, multiple tweets are allowed too.
Have a lovely weekend!

Megan said...

This is one of my favourite swaps, I got an email the other day saying that my partner loved her ornament - it made me so happy! That homemade ornament for Maddie is just lovely.

shari @ little blue deer said...

What a cool idea! Don't blame you for not wanting to go into tourist town, and I love the vintage deer, of course! XX!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Oh jealous, I wish I would have known about this and participated!

Faiza said...

you need to start you own etsy shop with the ornaments you created. they are terrific and not amateurish at all. love the ones you sent and the ones you got. perfect exchanges!

Erika said...

Ohmigosh I LOVE that sweet vintage deer ornament - I want I want! And now I want to hold an ornament swap of my own - such a cute idea!! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those are so cute!!

Meghan said...

I love the Texas ornament! Too cute!

wilybrunette said...

oh next year i'm going to have to participate for sure. such good gets you all got. love getting into the holiday spirit by looking at everyone's blogs.

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

Cutest idea ever!!! Merry XMas honey!!!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Jude said...

Oh gosh, these are the cuuutest ornaments! How uncute mine look now by comparison! And I love the idea :) Btw, thanks so much for your lovely comments on our new place - it does make me feel better in the wake of a crazy move! Hope you've enjoyed a great weekend!

Melanie's Randomness said...

What adorable ornaments!! I definitely want to partake in one of these next year!! =)

Hey lady! I'm running a small giveaway over at my blog! If you get a chance give it a look!

$55 CSN Stores Giveaway!

Jax said...

Sp fantastic! I love all these ornaments! My fav is the owl... oh how I love owls! :) You've made me wanna go check out that etsy site...stat!

this free bird said...

these are awesome claire!! i love 'em all - espesh the shoes (of course)!! girl i gotta go put the last strand of lights on...serious. what is wrong with me??

Gracie said...

They are all amazing! They are all thoughtful and I love that you made you're own. Well done! I didn't get that creative with mine.

I too love this ornament swap and look forward to next year's one.

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes said...

Your handmade SF ones are actually really cute!

HitomiNeko said...

aww love the ornaments so cute! <3


@ Read the story here. Please Help, Thank you.

@ xoxo HitomiNeko xoxo

bananas. said...

well you know i love the shoe ornament! that's a given ;)

hope you had a fabulous weekend my dear.

Krystal said...

I've so liked seeing everyones new ornaments :)

Tucker said...

You have the cuuuuutest ornaments!!

Erin said...

Hurrah for the annual Dolce Vita ornament swap! One of my favourite things about December! xo