1. At long last, it was so sunshiney in San Francisco today. Beautiful!
2. I got to spend the evening with my favorite little boy, Freeman Jah. Here he is at dinnertime, clapping to his current favorite song, Party in the USA. Notice his pretty dog, Dora the Explorer, in the background. :) I can't believe Freeman is 19 months . . . he was only 6 tiny lil weeks when I started taking care of him! Our little buddy's getting so grown up--he tells me what he wants to eat, says "please," "thank you," and "wait" (among many other things), and dances like a true champion (C: "Freeman, wanna have a dance party?" F: "Pweeeeease!").
3. For the most part, I've been waking up early enough to not only brew my coffee at home, but make grits for breakfast as well. This ritual has made the mornings much more tolerable.
4. Someone appears to have intercepted my dreams:
I mean really, is that seriously a stiletto shaped bathtub? If there's such thing as personalized heaven, that might be a pretty accurate depiction of mine. What do y'all think?
I might kill my 5th period class. They're monsters. Two are locked up, one is constantly spouting racist nonsense (toward his own race, mind you), a fourth I recently had to kick out permanently because she was in the habit of showing up once a week, cursing me out (literally: F--- YOU!), and then storming out in a rage, one has a problem with pathological lying and is failing every class (despite being at school every day), and THREE are cousins. In the same class: three cousins. Not the best idea. In any case, they just might drive me over the edge. For instance, today at the end of the period I shouted at them: "You guys make me feel so disrespected and sometimes you make me not even like my job!!!" Which was pretty much the lowest point of the year. And the worst part: I don't even feel guilty yet!
1. I got the following facebook message from a guy I went out with once, months ago:
subject: what happened!
i never used my booty call with you. is it still valid?
I'm not sure if there's anything I can really say about that. I think it pretty much speaks for itself. Once I think men can't get any more disappointing, something like THAT happens.
2. American Apparel is the worst company on earth:
Please don't support this incredibly misogynistic company that makes its money from sexualizing and objectifying barely-legal-age women. I've already sent my furious (and concerned, truly concerned) email to them, and urge you to do the same. I've been disgusted with them for years--there are all kinds of articles about AA's leery, sexual predator of a C.E.O., their ads often resemble tasteless pornography, not to mention the gross cultural appropriation of their "Afrika" line-- but this just tops it all. Here are some other examples of their vileness:
Gross me out.