Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday I'm in Love!


Happy Friday, y'all!  I'm so happy to have made it through the first week back at school.  It went by in the blink of an eye, which tells me summer's gonna be here before I know it!  

Today I'm in love with:

1) This picture
Freeman and his mama in Colorado over Christmas
right before they got in the hot tub

Seriously!  Would you look at that mini bathrobe and the look on my little buddy's face?  Dying over here.  Lucky for me, he's my Saturday & Sunday companion this weekend.

2) Scream Sorbet

Previously only available at the farmers market, there is now a Scream Sorbet storefront in my neighborhood (trouble on the horizon).  Now, I am a pretty serious connoisseur of all things ice cream/frozen yogurt/sorbet/etc. . . so take me seriously when I say that this stuff is the best I've ever had (Move over, Bi-Rite!  Move over, Yogurtland!)  Click here for a list of flavors (but be prepared to hop on a plane and head to the Bay Area, cause you'll want to as soon as you see the likes of caramel cashew or meyer lemon or peanut brittle).  

Eric & I walked up to Temescal the other day for lunch, and I squealed when I saw the new Scream right next to Bake Sale Betty's (another neighborhood legend--Mayra, have you had their fried chicken sandwich?).  I hurried through lunch and pretty much skipped up the street as soon as we were done.  We got the peppermint chocolate sorbet sandwich, which was delicious, but not as delicious as my two current favorites: cashew caramel and pistachio.  It's crazy--the ingredients for cashew caramel are literally "cashews, sugar, sea salt, water" or something like that.  Vegan and organic and all ingredients from local farmers markets . . . and yet the creamiest, most delicious frozen stuff I've ever tasted.

Who wants to go tonight?!  

13 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

Mmmm! You have me dying to try that sorbet! I am lucky to live two blocks away from the best ice-cream spot in our town. We have a huckleberry flavor that will knock your socks off. :) Have a great Weekend!

bklyn76 said...

a trip to the bay area is definitely on order...sorbet and claire in one trip? fan-freakin'-tastic!

Gabby said...

Yum! I'm bookmarking this post...sounds so good! Have a great weekend, love.

bananas. said...

1. i love the farmer's market at the ferry building and i'm fairly certain i saw the scream sorbet there.

2. your little buddy is too cute. wonder if that same sized robe would fit me...

3. never had bakesale betty's but i've heard about it before. better add that to my list of restaurants/diners/eateries to try.

4. happy friday! wishing you all kinds of fun adventures ahead!!!

drollgirl said...

well now i am salivating! dang it! i'll start w/that fried chicken sandwich and end up with cashew carmel number. YUM!

Krystal said...

i was just saying how i wanted some ice cream and then i read this!!!
and that little bathrobe is super cute :)

~KS said...

Ummmm.... little dude in the robe?!?! Super awesomeness!!!

Happy weekend lady!

Kimbirdy said...

that sorbet sounds amazing! i'll have to put it on the list for my next trip back up there. maybe we could make a date of it!

Jen said...

Sounds so yummy! And that lil man is adorable. :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

You have me hooked! I wonder if I can get my hostess to take me to get some of that yumminess you describe! :)

georgia~gigi said...

Happy Weekend!
Oh, I will have pistachio! Yum!
Freeman is super cute! Hope you guys have a fun weekend!
xo
G

Micaela said...

man oh man i want to eat and eat when i visit! living STILL out of the motel (with no fridge or microwave OR coffee maker!) i've been hitting the arby's next to us in walking distance... their mocha shake isn't like scream i'm sure ;) but they're awfully good. Lord, i can feel the pounds piling on!

so we went out to this new bar near what will be our new house last night... SO MUCH FUN! i kept wishing you were with me cos hello hispanic hotties! ;)

love you! hope you and that ADORABLE little one with his darling robe have fun this weekend.

miss you!!

Faiza said...

cashew caramel? delish!