Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Seth Cohen? Are you out there? (aka Christmas Pressies Part 3)

I've already shared with you some of the incredibly sweet Christmas gifts I received this year in this post and in this post.  Today I have another overwhelmingly generous gift to share . . . and it comes from a girl I've been friends with since middle school!

Amy and I were in the same homeroom all 4 years of high school because our last names both started with a K.  Our homeroom teacher was a bit of a freak (she was often hungover, and occasionally she'd wear these leather pants that literally zipped from the front to the back, so she could unzip them and the legs would come off), which provided us with ample opportunity to goof off and share silly stories.  We went to prom together, we shared our first dates together, and we stayed close through college and graduate/law school and now, once again, we live in the same state (albeit 7 hours apart).

the sweet Lazzaronis, one of my favorite families in the world

Amy & new baby Sammy

my kinda kid!

me and Amy on Newport Beach

happy hour in southern California :)

A few days before I went home to Georgia for Christmas, between giving final exams, mailing packages, teaching galore, packing for Christmas vacation, nurturing my terrible sore throat, and spinning my head off trying to get everything done, I got a package in the mail from Amy, Dave, and Sammy.  This is what was inside:


Can you believe it?  How generous and wonderful is that?  You better believe I hopped on Southwest's website and booked a ticket, and I am so excited to visit my dear Lazzaronis the first weekend of February!  Not to mention, I'm still very moved by the hugeness of this gift.  They are always so good to me.

Gabby blogged about this restaurant in Orange County, and I can't wait to try it with Amy and Dave.  And if we're lucky, we might revisit The Beachcomber on Newport Beach, where last time we shared a light lunch and some white wine.  Of course we'll make a stop here (duh), and we always head to this place once or twice for some delicious food and "the world's largest selection of draft beer!"

Thank you so much dear Lazzaronis . . . I can't wait to hug your necks, squeeze that sweet baby, and step my toes on the (probably cold but still) southern California beach!

16 comments:

homemade grits said...

aw amy is so great! what a fantastic gift!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Obviously the friendship you share is as treasured to her as it is to you. Happy and safe travels Claire!

Krystal said...

plane ticket!! what a good idea!! too bad the tickets to switzerland are a million dollars =)

Jen said...

Wow what an awesome gift! And what a sweet friendship. :)

Faiza said...

okay seriously i just teared up. that is so incredibly sweet!

Meghan said...

Umm, that is seriously the best gift EVER! What a sweet gesture!

Micaela said...

first, what a beautiful family!!!

second, you are such a great and loyal friend --your friendships that span years or even the ones from childhood go to show what a wonderful person you are to know and continue to know. Because YOU are SO giving of love and yourself, you are deserving of such a fabulous gift! and that IS AMAZING!!! awww and like jeanette said, you are a treasure to her!

soooo precious.

I LOVE you as much as i love their little one in a football helmet! ;) my kind of kid too! xoxo

bklyn76 said...

wow, what fabulous friends! and they're cute too!

starnes family said...

So thoughtful and sweet! They're such a cute family. Have a blast!

bananas. said...

wow...what great friends you have! and here i thought my bulldog sweatshirt was the shit. haha! very excited for you and your trip. i'm sure we'll hear all about it.

miss katie said...

what an awesome present! you are so blessed to have such wonderful friends :)

Phoenix Peacock said...

wow, how generous! And you must both be so excited to have time together again soon

Miss Caitlin S. said...

that is so sweet and thoughtful and what a great gift, the gift of a vacation, of a reprieve, of seeing them... wonderful all around!

Hiking in Stilettos said...

That is the most wonderful thing I have heard in a long time. So sweet! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. :)

Gabby said...

What an amazing gift! And yay, you get to try one of my favorite restaurants!! It's seriously so good...have fun in my neck of the woods! (i know you will!)

Rachel said...

Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net) may be another choice. i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious sore throat.