Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday I'm in Love!



It's Friday, and I'm exhausted.  But I'm wearily in love with these things:

1. All the Valentine's love  that's been pouring in my mailbox!  If you're struggling with making your own Valentines, check out Micaela's gorgeous, hand-crafted cards.  Hers put mine to shame!  And check out this loot--Faiza sent decorations for my all-girls V-Day sleepover, and my friend Linda sent hilarious chocolate.  So excited:

this is just the beginning!

2.  This blog's  layout and design.  I love it!  I came across it through Carrie's white denim in winter challenge, and I immediately emailed the sweet blogger, Kai, to ask who did her design.  Now, to spend $60 on a new blog layout or not to?  Isn't her blog perfect looking?  I'm smitten.

3. These Jeffreys:



Normally I like super-feminine shoes, but something about these clunky, modern platforms has me all atwitter.  

Hope everyone's having a delightful Friday!  It sure is easier to get through the day knowing there is a weekend ahead of you.  Unfortunately, I will be hunkered down all weekend staring at my computer screen since I have an upcoming deadline for the Voice of Witness project I'm working on (transcribing the interviews I've done and turning them into first person narratives).  I love the project so dearly, and I'm so fortunate to be a part of it . . . but man, is it time-consuming!

XOXO

23 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks for your comment! And good luck finding those f21 heels!!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I have been eating WAY too much V-day candy.

Angela said...

Nooo I love the way your blog looks. Save your money. $60 could purchase so many bottles of wine or shoes or a mani or several books. Your blog has glitter. That means it is perfect already.

erin elder said...

Micaela's cards are so so so amazing aren't they? I see them on her mail posts and marvel at their unique beauty.

um.... I am loving the way your blog is looking, and don't think you need to completely overhaul it, but if you are looking for a few quick tricks, I can always help out :)

Have a very happy weekend!!

Kimbirdy said...

that is a pretty cute blog design. but i feel ya, $60 is a lot to spend.

bananas. said...

$60 for a blog makeover? RIDIC!!!! someone should do it for you for free! IMO anyway :) happy v-day weekend!

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

I love that blog design too. I'm in the market to get mine done professionally.

Summer {athena in the middle} said...

you are so loved, my dearie. cannot wait for your new blog design. this place needs some work! HAHAHAH!

this free bird said...

i'm on my way to spread my germs around the barney's warehouse sale. if i pass out on the floor i bet i'll make the news! wheeeeeeeee

xo,
c
ps-my new best friend commented!!

Meghan said...

Those shoes are adorbs! And a sleepover? Sounds incredible!

J. said...

I've often thought of paying someone to spice up my blog, since I just use a boring template and a homemade header. . . but the I remember I only have like, 30 readers and I digress. ha!:)
I wish I'd sent Valentines this year. Too much going. Poor excuse, but it's all I've got.
I wish I could be there for your party!! I can't wait to hear all about it.
xoxo

Micaela said...

Loving the vday loot (so sweet!!! but faiza is the def. of sweetness isn't she?!) awww i love you for your sweet words about my homemade valentines because you after all were my muse!

LOL at how much $60 means to us all (HELLO! WINE, THOSE HEELS?! COME ON! lol) because erin's right-- i love your layout and bless her heart for offering to help you with little things... she saved my dolce vita and was SO VERY HELPFUL! she's the greatest!

i can not wait to sleep over :) !!!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!! can i just say that is the ONE thing i'm over the moon EXCITED about and can not wait til summer?! :)

love you!

Meri said...

Well, as a first time visitor to your site, I'd have to say I think it looks pretty cool already! but I've only done DIY stuff so far on my blog. I'm looking into kicking things up a notch too :)
Meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

Those shoes are so cute and they look comfortable too, ok for your two truths and a lie is your like that you where born in London?

Write it in Lipstick

bklyn76 said...

oooh, i like that blog too!

Signe said...

Those Jeffreys are to die for!
And a happy (and relaxing) weekend to you :)

Faiza said...

love love love you!

your blog is also worth a $60 infusion of sweetness if it makes you happy sweet girl!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Look at you making out with some great Valentines Day loot!

Kate Kiefer said...

i think this is the first pair of shoes we both like! to celebrate, let's get a pair for each of us.

Kristin W said...

I'm sort of in love with those Jeffery Campbells too!! I need a black wedge in my life :)

Holly said...

jeffrey campbell has been hitting it outta the park lately. all shoes i want!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

love those shoes a lot and yes, that blog layout is definitely awesome!!!!! I agree- there are so many cute blogs out there!

Kai.Mercado. said...

ahhhhh!!! Thank you so much for the shoutout! I feel so loved!!! And can I just tell you how OBSESSED I am with Jeffrey Campbell shoes?!?!? I love them.