Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Catching my Eye(s) of Late

When I have something BIG looming over my head, I become the most easily distracted person in the world.  Suddenly, idiotic tv shows become appealing (ha, what am I talking about, "suddenly"), tasks around the house present themselves, and I even remember that I'm past due for an oil change (um, and my student loans).  It's remarkable.  And although I turned in my mammoth manuscript on Monday, here are some things that are (still) keeping me distracted lately:


WTF.  Do y'all know that my girl is gonna be FIVE next month?  And she's suckin' on a paci?  What's up with infantilizing kindergartners?  I wonder if she'll need her pacifier during her first book report.  Or before prom, just to calm her down.  Or to ease her pre-wedding jitters.  Gosh.



As I mentioned, I'm participating in the lovely Jessie's etsy swap!  I'm excited to be paired with the sweet Meredith from Thank You Ma'am.  And while I should be focusing on her favorite etsy pics, I can't but gaze at my own faves . . . four of which are these. :)  What are your favorite etsy finds these days?



My dear friends, the B's, are on an adoption quest, as you may well know.  And Summer's sweet friend KLaw has created this print to raise money for the (very costly) adoption.  Click here to buy the print and support the B's!


This really happened: On Monday night, as I was driving the short distance from the H-Unit to the East Gate of San Quentin (pictured above) after my (spectacular) poetry class, I almost ran over a deer.  That's right: a darlin' lil Bambi was prancing around the grounds of one of the most famous prisons in America.  I guess God likes to be funny sometimes?  While I appreciated the cosmic irony of this bizarre occurrence, I also thanked my lucky stars that I didn't run over the dang thing.  Not only cause hitting a deer would be emotionally traumatic, but . . . can you imagine a worse place to be stranded with a totaled car?


Annnnnnnnd my Micaela is having a giveaway!  Click here to win this sweet (and special) "Micaela" headband, created by the lovely & talented Gracienne

So, was this post long enough to make up for my absence the past two days?  Ha.  Hope you made it through! ;)

17 comments:

Phoenix Peacock said...

you are too cute. I too get more distracted the closer I am to actually having to turn my papers in. I'm working on Micaela-like postcards for my poor forgotten pen pals. I miss you so!

Diana Mieczan said...

Im totally smitten with the tiny bow ring:) So cute! Have a lovely day, Kisses

Ps: I’m hosting a cool Loop GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in:)

Krystal said...

alriiiiight NOW time to get back to your work?? haha :) I am like that too - except I spend all of my time making lists and I'll have like 4 calendars going. It's ridiculous!

bklyn76 said...

haha, glad i'm not the only distractible one [i should be writing up my self-evaluation for work right about now]!

link to klaw's print takes me to suri paci news...

i still love the sea green glitter! xo

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I made it through- I love the head band very cute- read about the deer on twitter- lovely print- and I can't believe she still has a paci- that looks so wrong.

Kimbirdy said...

oh yes! i totally get distracted by all sorts of random things too when i should be focused on important things. suri with a paci? no no no. that print is such a clever and cute way to raise money! and i'm so glad you didn't have an accident with that dear!

Kittie Flyn said...

AW! Your blog always cheers me up. When I get stressed I retreat into my own world (can you say introvert?) and also spend far too much time daydreaming or finding tiny things to distract me as well. I'm currently ignoring a huge to-do list. I didn't realize deer lived in the Bay Area. I learn something new every day. Happy Wednesday!

Katy Mary said...

I totally agree with this pacifier issue, what the heck!? I'm glad you didn't run over the deer, that would have been awful for you, the deer, your car..etc. haha. hope you have a great week.

Annie Cristina said...

When I was in grade school, I had a friend who liked sucking on pacifiers. She would actually keep a stash in her fridge and grab them at random while we were hanging out. Weirdness...

Thank goodness you (and the deer AND your car) are okay! That must have been beyond scary.

Marz said...

I'm supposed to be working, but your blog is serving as the most welcomed of distractions! :)

OMG Suri!!! I can't get over how big she looks and then I see the pacifier and you're right, it's just all kinds of wrong!!! Oh TomKat what are you thinking??

In Texas hitting a deer unfortunately wouldn't be an uncommon thing, but seriously I did not know deer existed there haha SO glad God spared your car and Bambi! love you! xo

The Girlie Blog said...

Hi! Just read your sweet and encouraging comment on The Girlie Blog. Thank you! And good luck on your own writing adventure. I hope you meet with lots of success!

Micaela said...

i have FRIGGEN missed you!!! but i know how crazy busy you are that it amazes me what a "normal" day for you is like.

Suri and that paci!!! OMG! when i saw that news story i totally thought of you and your fave celebitot! LOL crazy. so she can wear heels at 2 AND keep a paci til 5. CRAZINESS!!!

i LOVE your etsy favorites and i'm SO excited for the swap! i've already bought my things for my partner and i already got one of her gifts the other day (the sweetest postcards-- i'll send you one!)

Summer's print -- can't wait to blog about it, such a sweet thing for her friend to do.

and THANK YOU for mentioning my giveaway :) i know you have a gracie heart headband (you look SO adorable in it! i say you should wear it to the prison haha)

speaking of the prison-- i'm SOOO GLAD you didn't run over bambi!!! that was always my worse fear in VA cos they are eveeeerywhere. I had no idea they prance around St. Q!

glad my claire is safe!!!

xoxoxo

ps. i totally wanted to write this in comic sans... just so you know ;)

Karina said...

Oh my darling Suri!!! Tsk...Tsk..Tsk... But she's a princess so it's allowed :)
I'm sure my darling Tom knows what he's doing, we don't want him going crazy and jumping on my sofa :)

Ha! I couldn't believe I climbed the pyramid in sandals either, I look at the pictures and still amaze myself - ha! Mexico was an awesome trip! We went to SO many places!! Miguelito loved it and can't wait to go again, now I have to plan a trip to Ecuador, that's where my hubby is from :)

Eeeee!! NYC - baby!!! You will get here precisely when the weather is perfect - spring you have got to love NYC in the spring :) The cherry blossoms are beautiful :)

xo

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

So random that there was a deer! Glad you're both ok!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Miss Caitlin S. said...

that's so funny about Suri and SO weird, why does she still have one!?!? And that Deer thing ended very well, for both you and the animal! But driving by San Quentin? Blog about that! I love crime stuff :)

Meredith said...

Just got an email that your Etsy swap gift shipped!! Woohooooo!

Lauryn said...

How much do you want to bet that the coat Suri is wearing cost more than my last paycheck? If you're wearing designer clothing, you're too old for a pacifier.