Thursday, March 24, 2011

Concrete jungle where dreams are maaaade of, there's nothing you can't do--

This week has been a bit of a bruiser, with my daddy being in the hospital, two big deadlines, and working night & day (I mean I still haven't even watched Tuesday night's Teen Mom 2, and if that isn't sayin' something, I don't know what is), but it's all okay because:

a) my daddy's just fine--he has 2 ulcers on his esophagus but it's totally treatable, and
b) Friday morning I'm hopping on a plane to  New York City!

Spring Break, I can't wait till we're united in just 24 sweet hours.  I've been dreaming of you for three long months.

Obviously I'm terribly excited to wrap my arms around this sweet girl:


We're gonna be up to all kinds of nonsense, that's for sure.  But that's not all!  Some of my other besties live in NYC, too.  And we all have a reservation for 12 at Sea in Brooklyn Saturday night:


I can't wait to have all my people (from all different eras of life) all together over dinner & cocktails!  Summer's promised me a late night walk across the Brooklyn Bridge (I mean I'm gonna have to work off the pizza & cupcakes I'll be consuming), and other than that I'm gonna fly by the seat of my pants and take in as much of this magical city as I can.  It's been too long, New York!  We've got lost time to make up for.

22 comments:

MCW said...

Can't wait to meet you! Have a safe flight!

Amy said...

SOOO jealous! Have an amazing trip, and happy to hear your Dad is okay, it's never fun having a parent in the hospital.

Hannah @ The New Black said...

Glad your Pops is doing OK.

I'm so jealous you'll be heading to NYC. Have fun and enjoy it just a little extra for me. ☺

Summer {athena in the middle} said...

i have lots planned, ok???? lol. bring your walking shoes.

look at mcw swooping in up there to snatch you away! hhahaahah!

Ashley said...

I'm glad that your dad is going to be fine!

Have the best time in NYC! I just love that city. =) Take lots of pictures so we can live vicariously through you!

Amanda said...

Exciting! Have a great and perfect time in New York! I've never been, so I expect lots of pictures :)

Kori said...

Have a great trip girl. I'm so jealous!

You probably already know, but did you hear my great news yesterday? Kori xoxo

http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2011/03/wordless-wednesday-and-great-news.html

starnes family said...

Sounds like trouble and I love it!

melifaif said...

Oh, exciting! Have a blast, enjoy NYC...I will get there one day. Safe travels.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I'm so glad to hear that your dad is going to be fine, Claire.

Have a fabulous New York holiday!!! Can't wait to see all the photos!

April said...

Your Spring Break sounds so magical! Of course, I'm jealous, but that can't really be helped. I've spent my break playing old video games and going to funeral things. You're going to have enough fun for the both of us though. ;)

Meredith said...

Amazing! Have a safe trip and have LOTS of fun!

Kimbirdy said...

wow that sounds like the best vacation! friends, NYC, and good ole spontaneous fun. i hope these last couple of days go by quickly and easily. you're almost there!

Marz said...

I'm SO excited for you Claire!!! I can just imagine all the mischief you and Summer will get into and am jealous I can't be a part of it! :) You deserve this amazing time full of friends, fun and feasting. You work hard, you play hard!!! :) Ahhhh less than 24 hours until it starts lucky girl! :) Enjoy your spring break (man I miss those!!!)

So glad your daddy is okay! I've been worried sick and am so glad you'll be able to enjoy yourself fully knowing he's fine :)

Mrs.B said...

1. Glad pops is fine!
2. awww, NYC!
3. Have a great spring break!

PS...be sure to get those new tires!
:o)

Micaela said...

i am sooo excited for you! what a fun spring break!!!! i can't wait to hear all about it! that has to be the CUTEST pic of summer ever :)

and i'm sooo glad to hear your daddy is okay!!! love you

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

SO glad you dad is doing better! ♥

I'm so excited for you! One day I'll get to visit!! Until then, I'll live vicariously through your blog recaps ;)

Faiza said...

There are so many things about this post that make me happy for you! I am so happy that your daddy is okay and can go home to Ignatius soon! I am thrilled that you get to see Summer again. And I am so excited for you to finally be able to take a break and have some much deserved naughty fun time!

ENJOY IT ALL!

Love you!

sheba said...

so glad your daddy is on the mend AND so excited for your trip to NYC...oh, how i wish i could be there with you!

have a blast! say hi to brooklyn for me. xo

Rach said...

Woo hoo! Can't wait to see the pictures from that trip! I've never been to NYC but always wanted to go. So glad to hear your Daddy will be on the mend soon and getting back to normal.

this free bird said...

I hope you have an absolute blast and take tons of pictures Claire!! Thanks for the update on your dad. I've been thinking about him.

xo,
C

Meghan said...

Girl, I am glad your daddy is ok! Definitely saying prayers:)

And how jealous am I that you are going to my favorite city in the world? You are going to have a blast! I cannot wait to see pics!