Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday I'm in Love (and my own little tribute to Japan)

I know a  lot of bloggers are participating in the Day of Silence for Japan, but I thought a blog post + a link to an amazing donation deal would be just as productive!


You know, for the record, I love hearing about what y'all are loving, too.  And therefore I encourage you to participate in Friday, I'm in Love.  Isn't it great to discover new products/books/recipes, etc.?  Why yes I think so.

1. Bare Minerals
I never believed that this would actually work--that a strictly powder foundation would even my skin tone & provide solid coverage . . . but now I'm a total convert.  I tried it and I love it.  And since my go-to foundation is $60, I think I'm sticking with Bare Minerals from here on out!


2. My Impromptu Kale Recipe
The other night I was exhausted and wanted a quick dinner, so it was a whatever's-in-my-fridge sorta night.  Fortunately, I had some good !@#$ in my fridge, cause I threw together this kale & brown rice dish and it was so dang good.  


saute minced garlic in coconut oil
add washed kale
stir-fry kale & garlic with chili flakes, salt, & pepper
when it's mostly done, add slivered almonds & craisins
serve over brown rice

3. Emi-Jay Hair Ties
I bought mine at the Dailey Method when I arrived to workout and had no hair tie with me, but then realized I could order them online.  They're amazing--cute, sturdy, and hold your hair well without breaking it.  Try these!

images from Emi Jay website

4. Living Social's Matching Donations to Japan!
Y'all, Living Social has already raised almost 2 million dollars toward the relief efforts in Japan!  If you donate just $5, they'll match your donation and pledge $10 total.  I donated yesterday--it takes just a second and is so effective!  Click here to donate, and let me know if you do! :)

Happy Friday, & I hope it's prettier where you are than it is in San Francisco, where it's dreary, cold, and pouring down rain!

18 comments:

bananas. said...

you just NOW discovered bare minerals?? OMG i LIVE off that stuff. been using it since it first came out.

and you know how they say it's so natural you can sleep with it on...i do. all the time.

don't judge.

Kori said...

That kale looks amazing. Have a great weekend honey! I know you probably already entered, but the Spring giveaway ends today! Check it out! And, don't forget to vote for Fine Man Friday! Kori xoxo

http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2011/03/spring-break-giveaway.html

Marz said...

I always love to see what you're loving! :) I LOVE Bare Minerals! That stuff is magical :) Not like you really need it, Micaela gushed about how flawless and perfect your skin is when she met you :)

I'll have to check into those Emi-Jay Hair Ties. My hair is super thick so I'm constantly breaking mine.

And your dad's chef skills are def a part of you....your Kale recipe that you just threw together looks AMAZING!! I want a big bowl of it!!!

Have a great weekend Claire! love you! xo

Krystal said...

I LOVE Bare Minerals. I'll never switch from it, it's been the best makeup I've found by far! I'm with you on not needing to be silent - Talking about it is way better :) ciao!

Lauryn said...

Great post! It's so cool that Living Social is matching donations like that. That'll be huge after all is said and done!

I use Bare Minerals too and I love it! I still have to use a bit of concealer, but the powder definitely goes a loooong way! :)

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Happy Weekend, Claire! That kale looks deeelicious!

a life of color said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE BAREMINERALS!! I have feen using it for years and won't ever switch. I feel like I am hardly wearing any makeup when I have it on. I love all their products as well. Geez this just make me realize I need to do a post on my collection..it's a little cra-zy.

daniela said...

Ok, I've often read about Bare Minerals & its awesomeness but you (and the comments above) have sold me. I'm trying it :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I keep wanting to try Bare Minerals! I need to go out and get the starter kit!

Amanda said...

Am off to go check out the link for those hair ties. I always have the problem of my hair falling out of the ties especially when I am at the gym.

I recently discovered the glories of kale and I am never going back. It's so delicious and simple to make. My go-to kale recipe is washed and torn kale, kosher salt and olive oil. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Kale chips. So simple.

Thanks for linking up to such a worthwhile cause. It's so nice that companies make it easy to donate to places that are completely devastated by natural events.

Signe said...

Hm, I am just like you when it comes to mineral make-up, I just never thought it would work but now I might have to give it a shot :)

Hugs and a happy Sunday to you!

Phoenix Peacock said...

I think I too might have to try bare minerals. reading all the comments above - you should get paid for advertisement.

and the nails: Sally Hansen Salon Effects - basically stickers. this is the first time I'm trying it. Kinda expensive for me (but that is basically anything more than a few dollars) so I'll only keep it up if they really stay on for 10 days.

Meredith said...

I'm all about some Bare Minerals - a few months ago I went on a little weekend vay-cay and forgot my makeup bag and tried to get by on drugstore liquid stuff. Terrible! I remember why I said I'd never ever go back to that awful stuff. Had to have my Bare Minerals back.

And I love these hair ties, I'd never seen them before! Definitely cute, I'm trying to decide which colors I like best.

Jax said...

GOod idea about the post! I already had mine set up or else I'd have done the same thing! Once the week gets rolling, I have a very hard time keeping up with the blog...at least lately..so I try to set things up when I have a moment! haha! And I LOVE those hair ties! I have some!! My girl friend got me some...or some that look awfully similar...for my bday last year! I absolutely adore them! They look bright and cheery on the wrist, but then easily tie your hair back and look just as fun!

Jax said...

(and I meant I would have mentioned the Living Social deal...haha... I didnt specify that. I got thinking faster than I was typing! But what a great thing Living Social did!)

Diana Mieczan said...

I love mineral make-up and I use it all the time. That Kale recipe sounds amazing. I am so going to try it. Thanks, sweetie and I hope you had a lovely weekend
Happy Monday

passport in my pocket said...

YES I swear by Bare Essentials!!!

Leesh said...

I am very curious about the Emi-Jay hair ties. I always have my hair up (in a ponytail or bun) but after a while, I have to take my hair down because it's pulling too hard and hurts my brain.

I think I also use Bare Minerals in warmth. It gives me some nice colour during the winter when I am all pasty.