Monday, May 30, 2011

When Good Looks & Jazz Collide

He's kind of a bad boy (he's gone to jail).

He's from New Orleans.

He's a humanitarian (helped rebuild New Orleans after Katrina, Honorary Chairman for Habitat for Humanity, etc.).


He named his first daughter Georgia.

He's a jazz musician and pianist.

Harry Connick Jr. . . 





























































Plus, he was pretty darn adorable in Will & Grace, if you recall.  


So what do you think, yay or nay?  Obviously HCJ is not my "usual" type . . . do you have any surprising celebricrushes?
Also, please go wish a happy birthday to my dear friend Heather!  Hopefully this year on her birthday, none of us will get assaulted in a bar by cranked-up freaks (heehee, remember that, Heather??).  A few years ago we were having a birthday party for Heather at Casanova in the Mission.  Heather got up to go to the bathroom and two random dudes sat right in the middle of our birthday "party" (we had a corner of the bar).  When she returned, Heather asked them for her seat back, and it turned into an ugly brawl, resulting in our friend Amick getting an entire pint of beer poured over her head, and two of us being pushed to the ground . . . I woke up bruised the next morning!  Ahhhh, the mid-twenties in San Francisco . . . 


Last day to enter the Blogger Book Swap! A basically free way to expand your reading collection--do it!

21 comments:

sheba said...

i LOVE me some hcj! i've loved him since i was 13 or so. dragged my bff who didn't love him to every concert, every charity appearance, every chance i got!

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

Swoon!!!
I so love Harry Connick Jr. in whatever way he shares his talents and gifts to us. So talented. I think I listened a hundred times or more his songs on the OST of the movie 'When Harry Met Sally' and his Christmas Album too. It didn't took a while though that my whole family loved him too...my parents included.

Love him on movies too, Hope Floats, Copycat, and the one with Renee Zellwegger are just some... and the one where he plays a doctor who researches on the breast cancer cure... ♥ ♥ ♥

April said...

He's amazing in Hope Floats. I didn't know he'd gone to jail! He's a good 'ole Southern boy. :)
I have the weirdest crush on Ryan Seacrest. Shhhhhhhh. haha

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Crazy bar story - omg, how both scary and funny! Bruises? Wow - what a jerk!

Love your blog, and I especially love me some Harry Connick Jr.

Michelle
aka your newest follower!

Meghan said...

He is such a dollface. I loved him in Hope Floats:)

Gracie said...

I do love his music. And that he's a Humanitarian (I always say I wish more celebs got involved with things. They have so much influence).

I have a lot of weird crushes...I might post about them one day :p

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Loved him on will and grace. Oh and his voice!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

OH MY GOSH! The guys got into a "fight" with you ladies? Assholes! Glad I wasn't there! Nobody pushes my friend Claire around! Haha but really, I'm just over 5 feet, I couldn't really do much.

So I totally approve of your MCM pick! He's attractive but not in the typical handsome way (for me). I think it's the accent and personality that really get me about him. He just seems like a great guy. Do tell me more about his trip to jail though lol.

Oh and Copycat is one of my fav movies. Have you seen it? If not, he's a serial killer :O

Micaela said...

1.) i totally get this man crush!!! "HOPE FLOATS"-- enough said. love him!

2.) happy birthday Heather!!! i giggled at the night you girls had at birthdays past.

3. excited for the book swap!!!!

Dee Stephens said...

I heart Harry too. Totally in love. Ahh.. mid-twenties. I was living in VEGAS and have a few wild ones to tell myself. ;0

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Haha- he's a bad boy cuz he went to jail-
Oy Vey-
Happy Bday Heather- I really hope no one gets pushed (or falls) to the ground this year!

this free bird said...

I didn't know Harry went to the clanker. And HBD HEATHER!!

xo,
C

Diana Mieczan said...

He is amazing and I totally adore his music! Have a fantastic day, sweetie and Happy Birthday to your friend:) Muah

Ps: I’m hosting a beautiful stationary GIVEAWAY later today! I bet you will love it!!!

Krystal said...

are you kidding about that brawl??? you guys are crazy girls, i want to hang out with you, haha!

undomestic chica said...

Loved Will and Grace, but I did not always love him on it....didn't he end up cheating on Grace or something? The details are kind of fuzzy in my head.

Hope Heather's birthday is much safer this year.

FourJedis said...

Now, now... I've been to jail, but like to think I'm a good person! ;-) I have not been in a bar brawl! HA. Umm celeb crush - Daniel Craig.

Summer Athena said...

i have loved him since forever.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh I love Harry Connick Jr! He looked so good in New in Town. He looks good in anything he's in actually. I saw him perform about 5 years ago in Baltimore and he looks even better in person!

Faiza said...

i am so down with this man candy! i saw him in concert with his big band in montreal a few years ago. he was wonderful and at one point turned his back to the audience and shoke what his momma gave him. delight!

katecreate said...

I totally agree with you that Harry Connick Jr is a good looking man.