Saturday, July 23, 2011

hola de hermosa Cabo San Lucas!

Hola from Cabo!  Suffice to say, it is breathtaking here.  I can't post pictures yet, because we haven't loaded any from the camera, and I can't email them from my iPhone lest I receive an otherworldly phone bill.  But here's how it's gone down so far:

~we were greeted at the airport by a friendly gentleman who packed us into a van and handed us Coronas with lime for the ride to the resort

~upon arriving at the resort, a very friendly staff showed us around the grounds (teal ocean, infinity pools, restaurants on the beach) and took us to our villa. . .

~ . . . in which our sweet butler, Victor, had tamales, guacamole, and pico de gallo for us on the dining room table!

Can't wait to walk down to the beach today.  Though the view from my room is almost as exquisite as the view from the plunge pool on our balcony. ;)

Only regret: abandoning my Spanish when Jaime and I broke up.  I had actually been getting good, and then just quit cold turkey.  I hate thinking that I could be fluent by now if I'd kept it up!

Pictures coming soon, but for now, this is where we're staying.  Seriously.

10 comments:

passport in my pocket said...

have so much fun! I've never been to Cabo. Can't wait to see all your photos.

Ashley said...

Sounds amazing! ENJOY!!

I love cabo! =)

sheba said...

so jealous! which resort are you at? e and i have had cabo on our wanderlust list for-evah! can't wait to see your photos! xo

Meghan said...

Oh my word, girl! You are on the vacay of a lifetime! Enjoy every moment!

Faiza said...

what a stunning resort! you deserve to be there after all the hard work you do everyday! hope you get sun kissed in all the right places!

Megan said...

sounds like you are in paradise! i love nothing more then a good infinity pool. I studied spanish in uni for a little while and am sad sometimes that I gave it away - but languages have never been my strong point.

Megan said...

oh and just a quick question - what will the weather be like in San Fran in late September? thanks lovely x

Leesh said...

I have never been to Cabo. Mayan Riviera is much closer to me but I would love to go to Cabo one day. The place you are staying at is gorgeous. I asked my hubby if we can stay there if we ever go and he said to me that he has been telling me about Capella for ages now. I can't wait to see pictures and hear stories. I hope you are having fun.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

SO awesome!! Sounds like the perfect place. We should have smuggled me into your bag for the trip hehe ;)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like you're having an amazing time!!