Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I'm Workin' With

The idea of leaving Capella (our resort in Cabo) is downright depressing.  So I just won't think about it. The physical beauty here is astounding: our back patio, complete with a private plunge pool, overlooks the resort and the Pacific, which rages onto the beach day & night.  The water is teal-clear.  We have a two-level white couch covered in colorful pillows.  We each have our own bedroom and shower (that's not entirely true; I'm sharing with Jude). :)  Our butler makes us homemade salsa, guacamole, tortilla chips, and decadent meals.  

When we started to run low on Corona, another case was delivered promptly.  Today Jude woke up with swimmer's ear, and a doctor came to our condo and had antibiotics delivered within half an hour.

And the staff.  They run around with towels and bottles of water in bins of ice.  They are so friendly (and some of them very cute!).  I wish this could be real life.  Here are some pics:

view from our back patio

one of the three infinity pools (the adult pool with swim-up bar aka my favorite one)

Cari enjoying our newest discovery:
the spicy mango margarita with chipotle salt rim

More pictures to come.  All of these are just iPhone pics--totally unedited.  Cari and JJ have a really nice camera, so I'll share more pictures when they upload those.  In the meantime, I am happier, tanner, and more well-rested than I've been in ages.  Trying to figure out a way to move here . . . 

14 comments:

Bad Joan said...

wow! looks amazing! don't blame you for wanting to stay.

GTBB,
http://www.badjoan.com
http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

~KS said...

Oh my!!! I would not want to leave either.... that view?!?! Holy wow. WOW.

Enjoy yourself down there- totally deserve it!

Mrs. Julius said...

Nice! I want to go there in December...but i'll have to find a baby friendly resort. Can't wait to see more pics!

Faiza said...

how decadent and well deserved!

Phoenix Peacock said...

as much as I love you, and am happy for you... you should know I also hate you just a little right about now! haha.
This is absolutely delightful and I am so glad you are feeling well rested and calm!
Me and my camera would go crazy there, I'm sure. And I cant wait to see more pictures!
I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself, my dear!

Gabby said...

Holy moly!! Those are unedited pics?? Wow...SO glad you are having such a fantastic time! It looks amazingly gorgeous and relaxing!

passport in my pocket said...

Claire, it looks amazing! I wouldn't want to leave either. Glad you're having a wonderful time.

bananas. said...

oh my gosh...that marg looks HEAVENLY!!!! i love spicy and sweet and mango is the perfect sweet to go with spicy!

Gracie said...

Ahh! this place looks amazing. I think Jason and I will be making a trip there in the future. I'm so glad you are feeling well rested. You deserve it.

Oh I got your pretty letter too :) And thank for you sweet comment. x

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

SO beautiful! For real this is paradise! Can't wait to see more pics and hear all about the cute guys and sandy beaches ;)

drollgirl said...

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! i wish i was there! argh! it looks/sounds incredible!

and the last time i was in mexico i was FRANTIC to find a way to live there. sadly it didn't happen. maybe someday.

Allison said...

You would have to pick me up and carry me away from there! I don't blame you in the slightest for not wanting to leave - it looks absolutely beautiful (and the yummy drinks just add to my desire for a trip!).
Can't wait to see more pictures - though it's a catch 22 because I know I'll be super jealous! ;) xox

heather said...

my favorite part is the plunge pool! welcome home :)

Leesh said...

I am so jealous of you. As soon as you mentioned Capella, I would go to their website daily and just stare at all the photos.