Wednesday, August 3, 2011

All You Need . . .

to make the most delicious summer pasta (sauce) is this:


well and this:


Credit goes to my friend Anna for the development of this delicious sauce!

Steps:
*Get thyself to the farmers market.  Buy the sweetest, smallest, thinnest-skinned cherry "sunburst" tomatoes you can find (doesn't work with thick-skinned or unsweet tomatoes).

*Wash them and remove the pesky little stems (I used one pint for this sauce).

*Chop up a good bit of fresh garlic (your discretion--I use a lot!).

*Saute minced garlic in olive oil on low for a few mins.  Then add the darlin' little tomatoes.

*Patiently stir/watch 'em cook until the wee tomatoes start to burst.  Stir stir stir.  Sauce begins to develop (orangey in color with garlic flecks and some whole/partially whole tomatoes).

*Add salt & pepper to the pan.

*When done (takes at least 20 minutes, sometimes longer), pour over angel hair pasta, or in my case, fresh, handmade garlic-parsley pasta from the farmers market (though honestly, angel hair might be better).

*Top with parmesan.

Voila, your new favorite dinner:

18 comments:

Bad Joan said...

yum! looks so fresh and delicious!

GTBB,
http://www.badjoan.com
http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

flip flops on lex said...

Yum!!

undomestic chica said...

Oooh! I need to go to the Farmer's Market more often.

kimbirdy said...

mmm, i love making my own sauce. i used to just use olive oil and parm cheese, with various seasonings and lightly fried veggies. so good!

drollgirl said...

dude. i am all over this. i can't even tell you how many tomatoes i eat/buy every week in the summer. i cannot get enough of them! and this is a good way to serve them up!!!

PRINTING!

shopgirl said...

Hey Claire! That's exactly how I make mine, usually with mushrooms or zucchini! Delicious!

xo
http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com

this free bird said...

This is singlehandedly my favorite go-to dish. Aside from boozy popsicles.

xo,
C

ag. said...

This looks pretty perfect for a nice, easy, yummy pasta!

Meghan said...

Oh wow! So perfect for the summertime! I love summers and fresh produce. It makes me happy:)

Ashley said...

Ooh looks yummy!

Lori said...

Oh my GOSH this looks absolutely amazing. I am totally going to try it :)

April said...

Mmmmmm, that sounds delicious.

bananas. said...

YUMMO!!!!

that's my kind of dish. care to drive a few minutes southeast to my little home and make me some?

that would be nice.

Anna Wong said...

love it! i'm hoping i'll get enough cherry tomatoes off my little plant to make sauce from my own tomatoes. they are delicious and sweet i just don't get too many at once! we gotta have this together this summer.

Meredith said...

Mmmmm looks delicious! I am drowning in little tomatoes right now, this sounds like the perfect use for them!

Annie Cristina said...

That looks like the perfect summer dish. Yum!

Micaela said...

that looks INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! add some wine, that'll be my dinner tonight! ;) SO GLAD i got to chat with you yesterday! did my heart good... i've missed you! <3

daniela said...

SO excited to try this!!!