Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Birthday Pictures!

First of all, thanks for all the love!  All the well wishes via facebook, twitter, email, my phone, the mail, blogs, etc. made me feel way less nauseous over turning 30.  And it turns out 30's not so bad, anyway.  ;)

My dear friends came out to celebrate with me at the Lake Chalet last night, and we had lots of fun!  I highly recommend Taco Tuesday.  You get to sit on the water, drink 1/2 price margaritas, and enjoy plentiful $2.50 tacos.  Sweet!

the venue

me and Diana: one of my favorite people in the world

Meagan and Amanda on the lake

me and Doro: almost birthday twins! (she's 8/13, I'm 8/16)

table on the water + tacos + margaritas!

Timmy and Trav: a stand up pair

thank goodness for Cari--no idea what I'd do without her.
(p.s. she is mama to Milo and Jude, regulars on this here blog)

a contemplative Raul surrounded by margaritas

neighbors and friends: Diana and Adam (plus Crouching Claire)

Mani and her handsome lil Mateo


flanked by twins: PJ on the left, AJ on the right

We had a blast, although I wish my faraway friends could have been there as well.  Yay for celebrations and drinks and friends and flowers!

Two more things:

1. Please keep my dad's horrendous beagle, Ignatius, in your thoughts/prayers.  He has a suspicious lump and I am sick with worry.

2. Speaking of pleases, please check out my friend Annie's new blog, Tough Little Cookies.  She's finally started a blog about raising her three hilarious and adorable daughters in San Francisco.  Please remember how it was when you first started blogging and go show her some love!! :)

23 comments:

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Looks like an amazing time, I hope my 28th is just as fun!

Sarah Jane said...

tacos and margaritas? the perfect feast for a birthday girl! i am jealous...happy birthday~

starnes family said...

Sounds perfect to me! What a cool place with great friends.

Happy Birthday. I hope this decade is good to you!

Kate Kiefer said...

happy birthday sis!

Dee Stephens said...

Looks like a GREAT time! Poor beagle :( Being the mother of a beagle I'll keep him in my prayers! Heading over to the new blog now!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

YAY! I'm so glad your brought in 30 with great friend and food! You deserve nothing but the best on your special day, and every single day!! ♥

Sending puppy prayers your way. Hope the little monster is OK.

Micaela said...

you brought in 30 in the MOST PERFECT way!!! i have never seen you look more beautiful than in these photos-- your hair, make-up, skin, smile-- and those legs ("crouching claire") HOT! what the perfect setting... and by all these friends, you should never doubt how incredibly loved you are.

milo looks so much like cari, it's adorable! :) as adorable as "AJ and PJ" the twins :) and raul... he looks pretty gorgeous! ;)

i'm praying for Ig! please keep me posted :(

off to check out annie's blog!

i'm telling you, our 30's are going to be better than our 20's and you're off to an amazing start!

erin elder said...

There really is no better way to ring in a birthday than celebrating it with margaritas and great friends!! Looks like a fabulous time!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY gorgeous!! :)

melifaif said...

Happy 30th baby love!!!! You look great. And you got the prayers!!!! Hope it is nothing....

ag. said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! looks like you had a lot of fun!

Meghan said...

It looks like a perfect night! Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 30's! It's not so bad, I promise:)

Amish Stories said...

Just saying hello from the Amish settlement of Lebanon,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.

inHERshoes said...

looks like you had an awesome birthday! i love birthday photos!

Amanda said...

You make 30 look so fun Claire! I hope to ring in my 30th with as much style as you did. Love your hair in these pictures! :)

Kittie Flyn said...

Yea for birthdays! Welcome to Club 30! :) Looks like it was an AMAZING time! Happy (belated) birthday, Claire!

Megan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE!!!! It looks like you had a great time celebrating - cheap tacos and yummy drinks yes please. You look gorgeous in all the photos.

this free bird said...

Claire I'm down for the count with the flu (life is unfair!), but wanted to peel by and wish you a belated Happy Birthday!!! Welcome to the best years EVER! I can guarantee :)

xoxo,
Carrie

Meg {henninglove} said...

looks like a lovely birthday celebration! i hope things are ok with your dad's beagle, i'll be thinking and wishing for the best outcome i have two dogs and if there is anything slightly off i panic

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Happy belated birthday darling! It looks like you had a fab time with friends and i hope you have many more fun moments!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

bananas. said...

it amazes me that that place -- lake and restaurant included -- is located in oakland. OAKLAND. you'd never guess just looking at your pictures.

i haven't been to lake chalet yet but i've ran lake merritt many a times! however, after reading this post i see a taco tuesday in my future veryvery soon.

Gracie said...

You are looking gorgeous Claire. I'm sure turning 30 isn't as scary as it seems :)

Ohh I will keep Ignatius in my prayers. I hope all is well with him! x

heather said...

Claire, you really do look great! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to make it to your bday. I hope we can meet up soon! We will probably be moving to Alameda mid-September, so you can come visit easily. Plus by then I'll have access to a car, so I can come visit you. Serkan is leaving tomorrow again of course, and it'll be like that for the rest of August. But if you want to plan a date for during the week next week?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you had a wonderful Birthday!