Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Brunch & some Stalktalk!

In a valiant effort to postpone the end of summer, I spent pretty much the whole weekend eating and drinking with friends.  From a dive bar with my teacher friends on Friday night, to a biker breakfast on Saturday morning (you heard that right!), to an impromptu Japanese dinner in Berkeley on Saturday night with my friend Helen, to today's brunch with my college friend, Tara, at what I think might be my new very favorite place:

Chop Bar, Oakland, Jack London Square

my friend Tara with her bloody mary
she's from the northeast, she can't help her snark ;)

ask me what I'm drinking and I'll tell you:
BEN F'S EVOLVE WINE

see?

Not only was Sauvignon Hottie delicious, but so was the food!  Tara and I shared chilaquiles & eggs ala cazuela with a grilled veggie mojo sauce . . . YUM.  I confessed to the waitress that I ordered the Evolve as part of a Ben F. stalking mission, and she said, "That's so funny, he was just in here a couple weeks ago!"  I'll catch up to him someday.  It'll happen.  And if you're curious as to whether I tweeted that picture of me drinking Evolve wine to Ben F . . . the answer is immediately.  

isn't it cute in there?

Hope all of you had as decadent a weekend as I did.  Lord knows I'm making up for it now, since it's the  last day of my 20s and the first day of school.  Wish me luck with my '11-'12 monsters!  Can't wait to meet them. :)

20 comments:

Brianna said...

I love your Ben F. stalking stories!! I'd be doing the same if I lived up north!

this free bird said...

Get to finding him gf---it's meant to be!! xo

Gracie said...

This really cracks me up. You crack me up :)

I hope you make the most of the last day in your 20's! And have fun at school. I think it will fantastic and you will do great. x

Megan said...

Haha you make me smile :-) Good luck with the stalk I hope you catch him soon.

homemade grits said...

good luck on your first day! enjoy your last day in your twenties. moohaha! xo

Dee Stephens said...

At least you spent your last weekend of your 20's rocking it out cocktail style! Cute picture of you!

Micaela said...

you look GORGEOUS!!!! i wanna try that wine with you and stalk! oh if we lived in the same city it would be TROUBLE.

have fun on your first day and you know what? our 30s will be better. <3 so no worries!

xoxoxo

undomestic chica said...

You crack me up with your biker fascination....and your stalking stories. Happy first day back!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Happy Last Day of your 20s! And Happy First Day back at School!

I can't imagine going back to school in August. We always start the day after Labour Day here. 3 weeks tomorrow. Ugh!

Annie Cristina said...

My first day back is tomorrow, to fix up my classroom. Back with the kiddos next Monday. (Where did this summer go?!) And trust me, your 30s will be awesome. I can say this with confidence from the other side of the fence. ;)

julianne. said...

looks and sounds like such an awesome place.
you're too adorable.<3

bananas. said...

i had NO IDEA who this ben f guy was until i googled "ben f" and got the guy from the bachelorette...is that right?

well no wonder i have no idea who he is. lol.

chop bar sounds fab otherwise!

Marz said...

You are tooooo cute for words :) You and me are one and the same when it comes to obsessing and stakling - I freaking love it :) I hope you find your Ben and help him forget all about not being picked :) And after seeing that absolutely GORGEOUS photo of you (love it!) on his twitter I'm sure he was wishing he was at Chop Bar that very afternoon! I'm glad you had a fantastic weekend and a great first day back to school. Not to mention last day in your 20's. It's an hour to midnight here in Texas and I'm thining of you!!! I love you Claire! Wish I could be there with you tomorrow. Your 30's are going to be your best decade yet! xo

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I want to stalk with you!! I keep seeing Virgin sales and I want to take a trip up there lol. Especially if chilaquiles are involved :)

drollgirl said...

well i hope the birthday and the first day of school were both FAB!!!! the 30's are fun! i think you will like them!

Meghan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Claire, I hope you have the best day EVER. 30 is a magical birthday and I know you will love it as much as I do:) I hope this is your best year yet!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Good luck!!! You got this 30 is going to rock! Happy Birthday!

Phoenix Peacock said...

you are probably the hottest stalker I know. good luck with school... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so excited for you and hope you enjoy it tons, m'dear! No worries about the 3-0.

passport in my pocket said...

hahaha! I LOVE BEN F! Hope you had a blast ringing in your 30s :)

Holly said...

chop bar is on my list! i read about it in Sunset mag.