Friday, August 5, 2011

True Life: I'm a General Life Blogger!

Do you have types of blogs that you prefer to read?  Is it awful that I mostly like to read blogs that are similar to my own?  I guess that's sorta to be expected: Mommy Bloggers like to hear what other Mommy Bloggers have to say, etc.  And I like to hear about travel, food, funny things, pretty shoes, and hottie celebs!

Which is why I'm linking up with Fabulous but Evil and Mrs. Monologues in their True Life series . . . so I can meet more bloggers to entertain me on the regular. ;)


There really is nothing like discovering a new blog that you love & connect with.  Throughout the past year and a half, I've met (in person) six spectacular blogger ladies, learned lots of new recipes, gotten great book recommendations, participated in some fun swaps, and laughed my ass off at some of the funniest people in the blog world.

So for those of you visiting from the link-up, hello!  Here are things I like to discuss:

*Tim Riggins and Jax Teller (tell me: which is your fave??)


who's it gonna be, ladies???

*Food & Recipes

check out the link to tomato recipes that drollgirl emailed me today!

*Books

what I'm reading now, for instance

*San Francisco (and how awesome it is to live here)

Baker Beach: one of my favorite places on earth

*My hilarious high school students


* . . . And all about ridiculous people & things, for example:

found on Tosh.0 with the caption "Permanently Proud"

Plus how much I love the Saints (come on, football season!) and impressive footwear.  If you're here from the True Life linkup, let me know so that I can come check out your blog, as well!  Happy Friday, and thanks to Fabulous but Evil and Mrs. Monologues for hosting!

p.s. Please go wish my darling friend Leeann a happy birthday!!  I fellow Leos.  Rawr.

24 comments:

meghan said...

What are you thinking of Little Bee? I read it last summer, but I won't tell you my opinion while you're reading it.

bananas. said...

and it's because you write about jax telker that i like you so much. haha.

uh WTF to that tattoo!!! i guess the fridge is no longer a suitable place for kid drawings.

Raquel said...

Hey girly thanks so much for checking out my blog and for the sweet comments! Love your blog btw!
xoxo

Meredith said...

Love this! I'm a little late in the game, but I'm linking up too!

Victoria said...

what a great blog!!

san fran looks like such a fun place to live :)

happy friday!

tara said...

nothing wrong with liking to follow blogs like your own! how's little bee?? i've been wanting to read it!

Momma Teacher Lady said...

High school kids are pretty funny, huh? :)

Sarah Jane said...

First of all, love the name of your blog. Then I start reading and scrolling and BOOM Tim Riggins? Hello, my new favorite blog! Haha But honestly, I had to become a follow and cannot wait to read more.

-Sarah from livinglifelakeside.blogspot.com

Leesh said...

How dare you make me choose between Jax and Tim. Now that's just torture.

Micaela said...

how fun!!! and such a smart way to find blogs that we are kin to ;) i'm SO GLAD i found you when i did... i can't even imagine my life without you and i'm SO GLAD i was one of the lucky 6 that got to meet you :)

did you see the trailer with your hottie?!!?!? OMG right!?!?

xo

Mrs. Monologue said...

I was trying to read the post but then I kept looking at pictures of jax, so it is your fault that this comment sucks...
so glad you joined the linkup!!

Cole said...

I pick Jax. How could you not?!?! :-)

Eboix said...

Who dat! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

Gracie said...

I guess I would call my self a true life blogger?! I don't think I blog about anything in particular. I'm pretty random so I read all types of blogs. Most of them are quite creative, or fashion (to a point) or life. I love all types. x

Lil' Woman said...

Mmmmmmm Jax....I freakin' love him!!!
I assume you've seen the new previews for next season...I'm digging the new haircut!

Ahhh, now i'm going to go waste my day watching recorded SOA! :)

Phoenix Peacock said...

Jax. hands down. don't make me foam at the mouth, dear.
I love your blog. who wouldnt.
I dont really know what my blog is about. I guess it is a mix between art and general life? I never gave it too much thought. I'll have to go check out the links!

H. Gillham said...

I choose Tim, but you knew that.

My friend Marilyn just gave me Little Bee to read. I need to read it before I come back here.

and I love your high school student and his not only well-written note, but his perfect penmanship.

I had so many tomatoes to eat lately -- I'm glad to see the recipes.

Hugs.

Meghan said...

I love that picture of your student. We have the best job:) So glad you linked up - everyone needs to know the awesomeness that is Claire!

Sweet Sunday Loving said...

Hey Claire! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love your blog so far and can't wait to read more! I'm so jealous that you live in San Fran :)

Mrs. Smith said...

Super jeals that you live in SF! It's my favorite place to visit!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love your blog and I agree Baker Beach is amazing!

inHERshoes said...

hi claire! thanks for the thoughtful comment and for following my blog. always great to see cali women as readers! i, too, am a general blog reader. the more variety, the better. i think i follow blogs mostly because of the "pulse" of the author. i need to see the author come alive in their posts, and i know it may not happen all the time and that's okay as long as i know it's pretty genuine. even though i am from L.A. (i don't live there anymore), san fran is always one of my favorite cities to visit!

Jo said...

I'm with you...like speaks to like. Still, sometimes I'll poke around a mommy blog or two, just to see how the other half lives. ;)
xox

Krystal said...

Glad we found each other through the link up -- the last picture is HYSTERICAL.