Wednesday, September 7, 2011

(BFFs) and the City

I just got back from dropping Tiffany off at the San Francisco airport. :(  That, combined with the fact that I have to wait a whole 'nother week till Sons of Anarchy is on again, makes me feel like it's the day after Christmas!  Plus, there's one other thing that's eating away at me that I'll tell you about in a minute.*

We had a great time together!  It had been over a year since Tiffany and I had real BFF time.  We grew up together in Georgia, went to college together in New Orleans (we were roommates all four years), and then went in opposite directions:  Tiff moved to Pittsburgh, I moved to San Francisco.  We both went to MFA programs in Creative Writing.

When we're home at Christmas, we have to share each other with our families (plus, Tiffany has a daughter now, so they're really in high demand).  Which is why this time together in SF was so needed!

(excuse the terrible pic)

Serendipitously, one of our other best friends from high school was in town this past weekend, too!  Tiffany and I met up with Kent and his wife, Crosby, at Farmer Brown on Sunday night for a mini-high school reunion.  So much fun!  Plus, my vegetarian jambalaya was divine.  

(current favorite winery--try their '06 Cabernet if it's the last thing you do!)

On Monday, we skidaddled up to Napa and hit up some wineries:  Cakebread, Sequoia Grove, and Peju.


I discovered a new favorite lunch spot in Napa, the Rutherford Grill.  Sooooooo good.


We hiked at Land's End . . .

Tiff & the fog-enveloped Golden Gate Bridge

plus hung out with some of my friends, hit up some favorite Berkeley & SF spots, watched the season premiere of Sons of Anarchy (!!!), drank bubble tea, shopped at my favorite bookstore: Green Apple Books, and generally explored.  Yesterday, Tiffany checked out the Picasso exhibit at the De Young while I was at work, and today she came with me to Balboa and sat in on my classes.  Cute!

I'll miss her, but I know she's excited to get home to her sweet girl.  Come back soon, Tiff!  SF isn't the same without you. ♥

*I found out that Charlie Hunnam aka Jax Teller was in attendance at a Hell's Angels party in Oakland this past Saturday.  I can hardly discuss how devastated I am that I wasn't there, too.

20 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Love Cakebread and Love.LOVE.lovE Rutherford Grille too.
EXCELLENTO!

Dee Stephens said...

BTW - My work trip to come out there this week didn't pan out :( I was going to totally look you up! ;)

Ashley said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Girls weekends are the best!
look at you...little hottie with your legs out! Looking good! =)

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

Ok guuuurl!
1. Cakebread is one of my FAVS!
2. Love me some Peju Winery. I almost bought some art there years ago.
3. Your post makes me miss SF so much! I loved entertaining friends that would come to visit me out there. Why am I living in TX?

Katherine said...

Getting some BFF time is the best - so rejuvenating! Plus having people visit is so awesome because it gives you an excuse to do all the touristy fun stuff you don't get to do on a regular basis.

J. said...

Seeing pics of San Fran makes me wish I was back there with you! Looks like you guys had a great time. :)
I cannot BELIEVE you missed Charlie Hunnam. MAJOR SAD FACE for that.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you missed that but glad to hear that you had a great time with your bff! I'm trying to get that Hells Angel's book you had. It seemed really interesting!

bananas. said...

wait whaa....jax was 15 minutes away from me?!? AREYOUFLIPPINSERIOUSRIGHTNOW?!!? aww maaannnn i wish i knew!!!

btw i'm watching the new sons right now. god that man is sexy!

looks like you and your bestie had a blast. i'm guessing you like napa? ;)

Megan said...

Oh no Claire, I cant believe you missed Jax! I have a feeling there will be lots more opportunities :-) So glad you got to have fun with your best friends. Your photos of SF are making me so excited!!!

Marina said...

It's so nice to have someone like that in your life.. You're really lucky.

this free bird said...

First Ben and now Jax? WTF is going on this week??!

passport in my pocket said...

Soooo jealous that you can just zip over to Cakebread and Rutherford Grille. Love them both!! I miss Napa!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

So glad the two of you had such a great time! You look great in all of your pictures! That gray dress is hot and you look hot in it! If I were Jax I'd totally do you!! ;) Next time, you'll meet up with him!

The Girlie Blog said...

Very cute photos! So nice to see you with your BFF.

Micaela said...

what beautiful best friends you two make! and how perfect that you three got to enjoy a mini reunion in one of the world's finest cities?

you look so pretty in your grey dress at the winery! but i have to say you look so cute in your pink trainers when you went hiking, just cos i hardly ever see you in anything but heels ;)

my heart hurts for that last line... UGH. let's not think about it! ha

miss you and loved chatting with you today xoxo

drollgirl said...

well of course you guys had a blast! how could you not!

and i love your pictures with the FOG! just fab!

AND, i sat down to watch my recorded sons of anarchy episode on wednesday night and discovered IT DID NOT RECORD. needless to say it almost made me cry. and it made me curse up a storm. ARGH! so frustrating! :[

Marz said...

So excited for the time you got to spend with your bff. Seeing your pictures makes me miss you so much and all the fun we had in Napa (even for this unsophisticated-occasional-and-only-if- it's-super-sweet wine drinker such as myself haha) :( I'm SO sorry you missed Jax :( But don't worry sweet girl, he'll be back...maybe even at the Pimp & Ho ball!! :) You'll get your chance - I just know it. Make sure you wear something short and show off those sexy legs when you do get to see him - you look AMAZING in these photos!

Meghan said...

I love how you and Tiffany are coordinating in the first pic. You both look so cute. It sounds like you planned the perfect weekend! I am majorly envious of your trip to Cakebread, too!

H. Gillham said...

I've meant to come in here before now to check on her visit.

I know you had fun. Old friends are the best; she'll always be that to you.

And ya'll got to see Kent?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Hugs to all of ya'll.

Summer Athena said...

to my sweet bestie: you are beautiful. i love seeing photos of you smiling. all my love forever.