Friday, September 2, 2011

My Bestie's Coming to Visit!

Nothin' like a long weekend to get your spirits up on a Friday!  Even the kids are dancin' through the halls 'round here.  Weeks without Mondays = exponentially better!

This weekend is particularly exciting to me, because my bestie's coming to town!!!  We haven't seen each other in OVER A YEAR (the longest we've ever gone in our lives), and now I get her all to myself starting in just 34 hours!




We have had many adventures together over the past 16 years, including brushes with a Chinese massage parlor/brothel (and an angry Chinese pimp!), a philandering minister (whom we tried to "expose" by writing a booklet about and placing it all around town), etc . . . and there was the time we showed up to high school wearing only trench coats because we had a crush on our Latin teacher.  I mean, when you grow up in the country suburbs of the south, you have to entertain yourselves somehow, right?

(I am literally omitting some of our "adventures" lest the objects of them discover this blog).

So we'll see what kind of trouble we can get into in San Francisco.  Doubly exciting is that one of our best friends from high school will be in town with his wife, so we get to have a reunion dinner Sunday night.  Partying like it's 1999 . . . literally.

Happy weekend!

12 comments:

melifaif said...

How fun!?! Nothing like a bestie visiting. And with her "guns" I see trouble a brewin'!!! ha.....enjoy! Stay away from those biker clubs....you hear me young lady!?!

Faiza said...

ysay for the weekend! have an outstanding time with your bestie. can't wait to hear all about it.

Meghan said...

Umm, an angry Chinese pimp??? I am dying! It sounds like you two are in for a world of fun! Enjoy the weekend!

Leesh said...

Have fun with your bestie this weekend. btw, she has some nice arms.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay!! Have a great time! I can't wait to hear about it!

Gracie said...

I hope you make lots of fantastic memories. And I want to hear the shenanigans you girls get up too :) I'm sure they will be most memorable. x

Marz said...

I can only imagine the mischief and fun ya'll got into this weekend just based on the antics growing up :) How fortunate that you guys get to see each other so often. And her arms - AMAZING! It's so sad when a long weekend comes to an end, but then you reminded me a week without a Monday start are that much better :) xo

kimbirdy said...

i'm not sure you can get into trouble for anything in SF, unless maybe you're going to set up a pro-republican booth. :) hope you gals had the best time ever!

bananas. said...

holy "back up bitch" arms!!! your bestie don't mess! but really, tell me more about this trench coat story....i'm now curious.

hope you had a fab time together tearing up the town.

Micaela said...

i can't wait to see photos and hear the stories you girls got into or talk about! (this means calling me, so i get each detail ha) i am so glad you girls go tot spend time together and what could be more fun than partying like it's 1999 ?!

xoxo

drollgirl said...

lol at this post, particularly the last sentence! hope you two had a blast over the weekend!!!!

and you know what tonight is!!! JAX JAX JAX TIME! finally.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Bahaha I love your adventures...trench coats? I was worried for a second that that could have went a different way. Glad to hear it's was only for sexual purposes ;)

Hope you had a blast with your bestie!!