Monday, September 12, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

Just a lil biblical reference for your Monday morning.

It seems like there's always something so exciting about Fall.  Things get stirred up a bit, somehow, and everything's all afluster, and the weather's changing (unless you live in San Francisco), and the holidays are coming, and for whatever reason, there's all this newness (for me: new roommate, new school year, new football season!).  I think someone rustled up the cosmos or something.

All these happenings have left me so far behind on all my to-do lists . . . especially my oh-so-daunting to-read list.  Whatever happened to reading?  Here's what I'm working with, book-wise:

I bought this last week at Green Apple Books and it's my new favorite anthology

my friend Matt lent me this book by his favorite author, who happens to be a Georgian

Memoir by Kenneth Hartman, who is serving life without the possibility of parole

Plus several more novels, a guidebook on curriculum development, countless books of poetry and literary magazines, a host of teaching books, and a friend's manuscript.  The only solution, I think, is to take a week off work, turn off my phone, and hole up in my apartment for two weeks until I get through it all.  

And then, of course, there's writing.  I'm working on a new series of poems based on criminal offenses (sort of) . . . too many things swarming my brain right now.

Hope everyone's Monday is off to a harmless start.  I think I'm ready for Large Coffee #2.

p.s. It's true, Baby Harper Seven Beckham is all kinds of precious.

11 comments:

this free bird said...

Um, this karate book...I may need to grab that little friend.

xo,
C

Jax said...

I like the "Monday is off to a harmless start" comment. Very true.

drollgirl said...

dude. that is a LOT of reading and writing to do! yikes!

i am slogging SLOGGING through the game of thrones books. cripes! at 800 pages a pop, it is slow-going for this pokey chick. sigh. oh well. at least there are some pretty good sex scenes (but REALLY not enough - lol) and a fair amount of escapism. yay for that.

p.s. was re-watching the previous season of SOA (because i am pretty sure i missed one episode), and i GLEEFULLY watched a certain sex scene with jax OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. i might keep this netflix disc for a while. lol. ooh! or maybe i can just record this particular scene on my own camera and replay as needed. lol

Micaela said...

that collection of poetry is intriguing!!! do share any stand-outs please? and reading a book someone loves-- especially if it's from a guy like matt are always the best "gifts." :)

favorite season hands down!!! watching some Reggie Bush take on Tom Brady as i type-- sad he's in a dolphins uniform but maybe he can shake things up for them!

lots of things going on in your life sweet claire-- i say embrace it and enjoy it. :) can't wait to catch up tomorrow morning! xoxo

Amanda said...

I love fall :) Even though I'm not back to school (for the first time ever), everything does have a newness to it. A different kind of newness than January, or the beginning of spring...but new nonetheless!

bananas. said...

how do you DO it?! i can barely read one book, let alone three more!!! and writing...you ARE an english teacher. a good one at that!

i just started a new book called miss peregrine's home for peculiar children. so far it's really catching...i'm only a few chapters in and already i like it.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You always pick such great books!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i feel like i keep finding more books to read lately, and the read list is a lot shorter than the to-read list!

April said...

Oooh, that anthology looks great. :)

Gracie said...

You have so many books. I haven't been reading as much lately. Which is a real shame. I hope you get through them all. It would be lovely to sit and read for two weeks :)

Marz said...

I miss reading! :( I am STILL in the middle of "Something Borrowed" - I think I texted you a pic of a San Fran postcard as my bookmark like a million years ago and I'm still in the middle of the book. I love it, but I watched it again when it came out on DVD so my reading of it has been put on hold while the movie is still entirely fresh in my head. I'm SO excited that you're writing - you're so talented!!

I'm in love with the entire Beckham family! Harper is for me what Suri is to you :)