Monday, October 24, 2011

62

is how many points my team scored last night.


Here's a summary:


The New Orleans Saints bullied the Indianapolis Colts for three hours with no mercy. When the beatdown was complete, the scoreboard read Saints 62, Colts 7.
One more time: Saints 62, Colts 7.
There was a fleeting moment during which I felt sorry for the Colts.  Specifically, for the Colts' second string quarterback, Curtis Painter, who must have been mortified as Peyton Manning looked on, grimly, from the sidelines.

But that moment was indeed fleeting, as I quickly shook my head and reveled again in the glory of the game, as the Saints tied the record for the most points scored by a winning team since 1970:


It shaped up to be a pretty tip-top weekend (after recovering from my deathly stomach virus).  I had a lazy Saturday morning, ran some errands, drank some coffee (first coffee after being sick = oh so sweet), and drove up to Sonoma, where I continued to have a relaxing weekend with Matt that involved lots of lying around, grilled cheese & tomato soup, and my favorite pjs (my dad's Allman Brothers shirt from circa 1975, ha).  

Matt & his lookalike son, Jasper
(I finally gave in & started playing with instagram)

lil (but growing) Rex

I also discovered "my new best thing," as Deena would say: falling asleep with Matt while watching Sons of Anarchy. :)  Happy Monday!

12 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

The Colts look like a high school team! Geaux Saints! ;) Great weekend since the LSU Tigers won too!

undomestic chica said...

I love that you quoted Deena like you two are BFF's!

erin elder said...

Ok, Matt's son is ADORABLE... what a cutie!!! Glad you had a great weekend! :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Um you owe me an email stat! I go out of town/get sick for two weeks and am so out of the loop! And add me on instagram!! :P My name is, big surprise, jointhegossip ;)

Meghan said...

So glad you are feeling better! While I know nothing about football, I DO know that the score you posted is RIDICULOUS! Congrats to your Saints!

lindsey said...

WHO DAT?!?!?! GO SAINTS!!!!

bananas. said...

poor colts...it really was depressing.

so was the look on peyton manning's face :(

Faiza said...

what a score! amazing! (am loving that your new favourite thing involves mr.matt!)

miss katie said...

i am excited about this new man!

Micaela said...

what a crazy game! I can imagine how thrilled you were!!! i pray that I'm the happiest girl wearing a Rangers shirt after the rain delay yesterday... UGH!

your weekend sounds dreamy, even while recovering from a stomach virus (football, grilled cheese + tomato soup and of course, those two cuties!!!)

ps. i wish i could get instagram on my droid!

Holly said...

if you need a kitty sitter for Rex, you let me know, KAY?!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh you'll love Instagram! I love playing with that app!