Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Fulfillment of a Dream: Adventures with Shelly, Part 2

Just cause yesterday I told you about our brush with the Hells Angels doesn't mean I didn't class it up with Shelly, too. :)  I'm all about the juxtaposition of experience, y'all.

Of course, I took her to Napa:




And we obviously visited my favorite spot in San Francisco, Baker Beach:




But most important was our dinner Monday night.  From the earliest planning stages of our trip, Shelly'd said, "The only thing I'm dead set on is having dinner at Chez Panisse."  She's a serious foodie, and Alice Waters is her hero.  So on her last night in the Bay, I canceled my San Quentin class and we trekked up to Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto for the finest dinner East of San Francisco.


Imagine her surprise when, chatting over Zinfandel & incredible appetizers, Shelly looks to her right and sees none other than . . . Alice Waters.  She was there, at her very own Chez Panisse!  On a Monday night!  Suffice to say, we got a picture:

(one for the record books)

See?  You can do it both ways.  The world's most notorious biker gang one night, and the East Bay's finest dining establishment another!

16 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet she was over the moon!! So fun! Love all the visitors you get!

The Girlie Blog said...

Yum! Wine makes everything better. Northern California is such a fun and beautiful place.

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Ashley said...

Can you take me to Napa, please?? I still haven't been...how the hell is this possible?? I live so close!

Looks like you ladies had a great time!

melifaif said...

Ahhhhh.....you walk on the wild side...with 100% class. I wouldn't have it any other way....fun times!!!

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

One of my other fav restaurants in East Bay is the Vietnamese place over in Oakland called Le Chaval over on Clay Street. If you've never dined there before, it's so good. A bit loud and busy, but the food is to die for and I've made it a point to dine there each time I go back to SF when I visit. Speaking of, I'm due for another trip out to my old home town soon enough!

Micaela said...

OH MY GOSH, HOW PERFECT!!!! you girls look beautiful -- how i wish i could have been there to tag along :) phone date soon so we can catch up? i want details ;)

xoxo

bananas. said...

isn't chez panisse AMAZING? oh god my mouth is watering just thinking of it.

and funny...alice waters was there when i was too! how awesome!

heather said...

just catching up!!! i really want to go to chez panisse someday! how amazing that you were able to go with your dear friend and she was able to meet her hero! :)

big bear hugs to you, my dear!

this free bird said...

Your Hells Angels brush basically made my week.

xo,
C

shelly said...

i just happened to sign on to blogspot today (yes, i actually thought about blogging) and happen to see this! LOVE IT!!! and love you for showing me such a great time :) i love that i have the memory of CP with you. it truly was a wonderful weekend. xoxo

ms.composure said...

aw looks great!!!!!

infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

drollgirl said...

UM, this is fab and all, and NOW i need to read about the hells angels adventure!!!! GASP! i guess you are still alive, so that is good. lol

homemade grits said...

i LOVE her. that is SOOOOO cool. please stick to alice waters not so much hell's angels. love you!

Marz said...

I absolutely LOVE seeing you and Shelly together! You girls look so beautiful :) Shelly was my very first blogger meet up and it was an absolutely perfect date!! What I would have given to have been with you girls xo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I seriously love Baker Beach!! One of the best spots!! Glad you girls had fun!

Ocean Dreams said...

I've never been to Baker Beach but I really want to go! Glad you had such a nice time and Napa is amazing too. Love Northern CA. :)