Friday, October 21, 2011

Nothin' like a pig in the shower to recharge a stomach virus . . .

Last night around 8:20 (immediately following the first earthquake in 8 years that has legitimately scared me), I came down with a gnarly stomach virus.  My friend Cari had it the evening prior, and although I was at her house (babysitting her kids), I was super careful not to get anywhere near her.  So much for that!

Basically, in both our cases, this particular stomach virus involved about 4 hours of misery, followed by another day of massive headache, unsettled tummy, achy limbs, etc.  Finally, this afternoon (after calling in sick & laying around/napping all day in my Tim Riggins jersey), I started to feel like I was really on the upswing . . . I ate a crumpet, drank some electrolytes, and bleached the hell out of my bathroom.

But then I saw some facebook posts from my family in Georgia.  First, Ignatius's status (he's home! and doing better!!):


Home at last....just in time for the Pig Roast tomorrow. Gonna be tough to be as stealth as I used to be. Maybe I'll get some sympathy pig


And then my stepmom's.  This was the fatal one:


You never know what you might find in your shower when you are married to a chef. — with Kit Kiefer.


Annnnnnd I think my stomach virus is back.

17 comments:

Meredith said...

OMG that's like a horror movie! WOW. But I bet it will make for a delicious weekend. :) Glad you're feeling better! Stomach viruses are the worst.

Girlie Blogger said...

Oh gosh! How terrible! Hope you recover completely.

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Gracie said...

Gah! When I saw that photo my eyes bulged out. And I can see why your stomach virus came back.

I do hope you get better soon though because those stomach viruses are such horrid things. I am writing you a letter now so hope to send that out next week :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

oh em gee. that is scary lol!

I feel your pain. Been sick for 11 days and miserable. Suffered through my entire vacation and missed four work days this week :( Get better soon!

Thanks again for guest posting for me!!

Saw this and thought of you: http://new.evite.com/#view_invite:eid=0076AAPMT7NZ5QB5CEPA5XXY5UXABA

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

P.S. Glad the pup is doing better? Hopeful outcome?!?! :D

Ashley said...

holy hell... wasn't expecting that when i scrolled down!! LOL! gnarly!

I hope you are feeling better! nothing worse then a stomach flu! =(

Lindsey said...

yikes!!! Stomach bugs are no fun, but I think that might make me feel sick too! eww!

Micaela said...

oh my goodness!!!! that's especially a vegetarian's nightmare but i have to giggle a bit at amy's status.

ewwww yup, i think i threw up in my mouth a little. lol

Leesh said...

Oh that's gross! My stomach just flipped...

Kara said...

SWEET JESUS hahaha. That's a shocker.

Hope you're back to 100%! :)

Megan said...

Bahaha that is a bit of a tummy turner. Hope your better soon x

Dee Stephens said...

That stomach bug has been going around! Glad the beagle weagle is home ;)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh man!!!! Feel better!

bananas. said...

ohhhhh man...that is SO WRONG!!!

but HILARIOUS!!!

stomach flus suck. hope that bug is long gone!

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

I gave up red meat a few years ago. I might just give up pork now too. That poor little creature. But, more importantly (much more importantly) is the fact that Ig is back home!!!!!!!! We've been thinking about him these last few weeks. I'm so happy for the family and for Ig! Hope he behaves!

Faiza said...

gross! hope you feel like your pretty self very soon!

Heather M said...

TIM RIGGINGS JERSEY!??? LOVE It. I want a Panthers t-shirt so badly!