Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Sexiest Form of Exercise?

I've been pretty enamored with AcroYoga since I first discovered it.  Don't get me wrong: I've never tried it (I mean just look at the pictures), but is it not the sexiest thing you've ever seen (short of naked Jax Teller on Sons of Anarchy)?






According to AcroYoga.org

AcroYoga blends the spiritual wisdom of yoga, the loving kindness of Thai massage, and the dynamic power of Acrobatics. These three ancient lineages form this practice that cultivates trust, connection and playfulness. There are 7 main elements that make up the practice: circle ceremony, asana, partner flow, Thai massage, therapeutic flying, inversions & spotting, and partner acrobatics. Our highest aim is to bring individuals into a state of union with themselves, with each other, and with the divine. From this place of mutual support the true self can be realized, celebrated and shared for the benefit of all. 



how is this possible??


I found a beginners' class near my house, but it's on Thursdays from 12-1 pm.  That always puzzles me; don't most people have jobs that preclude mid-day yoga?  I suppose if you work nearby, it's right at lunch time.  Looks like there's another class on Sunday afternoons . . . which may interfere with my football schedule. ;)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was delightful, except for the Saints' loss on Sunday.  I was watching at a sports bar in Sonoma, and the waitress brought me a shot of Patron when the game was over and said, "Sorry for your loss."  ha!

14 comments:

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

OMG!!!!! I was at yoga last night and I can barely handle standing in the one-legged tree position for very long and don't get me started about the freaking PLANK. I hate the freaking PLANK. God, it kills me.

Doubtful I'll ever get to this level of yoga, but it looks beautiful and amazing.

erin elder said...

I absolutely love yoga, but i am terrible at it. i am like one of those ladies that "love singing" but in reality can't carry a tun to save their life... but i love it anyway.

this kind of yoga looks incredibly interesting. and yes, very sexy. though, i highly doubt i will ever try it... but wouldn't it be interesting to just sit in on a class and watch? now THAT i could do! :)

julianne. said...

i love yoga so much.
i wish i could do this.
this is so impressive and amazing.
holy crap!

Ashley said...

dang.. that's some kama sutra looking stuff! I think that would be way too hard for me! lol crazy!

And I agree....what's up with gyms/yoga classes being at the weirdest times?? annoying...

this free bird said...

okay this is why i do pilates--because if i had to pair up for yoga i'd be in traction.

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

um, yeah. there is no way my body could do any of this. but it does look intense!
xo TJ

Christianna said...

Ok, that is insane!

Just wondering if you would like to be my "Any Friend Of Mine" interview for this coming Monday?! Just let me know and I'll get the questions to you ASAP!

Liz said...

this really looks awesome, i'd love to do this <3!

April said...

Whoa. I'd definitely have to be a lot more in shape to even attempt that. BUT IT LOOKS SUPER COOL! haha

Meredith said...

Well, I kind of want you to try it so we can hear about it! But I'm certain that if I tried that, you'd have to call the fire department to get me un-stuck.

bananas. said...

holy crap that's hot!!!

i'm horny just looking at those yoga poses! HA!!!

only kidding.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

It would be SO bomb to be able to do that, holy C. I didn't even know that's what it was called... just reminds me of things I see in movies :)

KDC Events said...

WOW! I could never do that! I wish I was that flexible =)

passport in my pocket said...

I've never heard of this, but you're right, it's completely beautiful. The human body is amazing.