Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Walk on the Wild Side: Adventures with Shelly, Part 1

One of the best things about living in the Bay Area is that everyone wants to come visit you.  This past weekend, it was my friend Shelly, a.k.a. my only girlfriend as obsessed with biker gangs as me.  :)

So it should come as no surprise that on Saturday night, after a lovely day in Napa, we googled a certain address and staked out here:


You'll have to excuse the grainy picture.  It was taken with my iPhone while sitting in my car across the street and attempting some level of subtlety (who am I kidding).


I desperately wanted to go knock on the door, but Shelly wasn't going for it.  But I was going to at least investigate . . . so I walked across the street and snapped a few more pics:

the little alley way alongside the clubhouse

my favorite capture of the night

the Hells Angels aren't known for the accuracy of their punctuation,
but at least they have their own Bail Bonds co. for when they catch a case!

After my little photog escapade, I got back in the car--windows down--where Shelly and I sat for another 20 minutes or so (brainstorming reasons to knock on the door).  Just when I was about to summon the courage, Shelly nudged me, wide-eyed.  I looked to my left and saw a huge, angry looking "Angel" staring at us from the clubhouse door, likely wondering WTF two girls were doing posted up outside the Hells Angels clubhouse snapping pics like paparazzi.  

I rolled up my window and sped off without a second look.

Despite our brush with Tiny, this was a big deal for me, people.  Do you realize this Oakland Hells Angels clubhouse is the original?  Like, where it all began?  Next time I just need a more detailed plan.  Any ideas? ;)

Oh, and one of the best parts:


HA!

16 comments:

J. said...

LOVE THIS. You know how I feel about Sonny Barger. I wish I could have seen the orginal clubhouse when I was in town. Next time! ;)

Dee Stephens said...

HAHA! So funny! I need to get my annual Bay Area fix soon! Totally looking you up when I do!

Holly said...

omg hilarious! so i wonder what would happen if you went inside? besides made to feel uncomfortable, i wonder if they would serve you a drink and all that or if they have the right to make non members leave. soooo interesting!

Lindsey said...

oh wow! This is awesome that you stalked out the club. NEXT TIME KNOCK ON THE DOOR?? What do they do in there?? I'm so intrigued!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

OMG! Claire!!!! You're lucky they didn't catch you and think you were an undercover cop or something lol! Oh the adventures you go on :)

nicoleciomek said...

DUDE. You made it that far. That's awesome!!! I will try to think of some reasons for you to knock on the door. This is too fun. I really love all your adventures! I am glad you had a partner in crime to check it out with you.

passport in my pocket said...

that bail bond sign is hilarious.

kimbirdy said...

haha, that's so funny, and your poor mother. :)

yes! i thought of you when i wrote my post today about wendy, and wondered if you knew her/about her. she's totally your kind of girl.

Micaela said...

i LOVE it!!! so cool you and shelly got to experience this together but YES! i agree with J, it's a MUST next time :) xoxo!

Angela said...

Flat tire. All it requires is a nail and some moxy.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

best. check-in. EVER!!!!

bananas. said...

you're crazy.

that's all.

that said...awesome check-in.

KDC Events said...

You are a brave gal! WOW! What an adventure!!
Denice

melifaif said...

Damn....nerves of steel, I see. Next time you wear all black leather and go knock on the door. Make sure to wear a crucifix. And I'll be praying.....your poor momma!!!!! ;-)

drollgirl said...

YOU
ARE
KILLING
ME!!!!!!!

um, i don't even know what to write here.

just watch SOA. the fictional bikers are fab and safe. stay away from the real deal. yeesh!!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's pretty cool! Maybe you can tweet at any of them if they have a twitter and get an invite?!