Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Night Perfection

Thanks to an ongoing struggle between "the northern Mexicans and the whites" (straight from the mouth of a guard) at San Quentin, my class was once again canceled last night.  Although I was disappointed since I haven't been able to teach in three weeks because of this . . . predicament, I was happy to hop in my car after work, stop at Walgreens to buy an unnecessary amount of Halloween candy (we never get trick-or-treaters), and head home to my roomie for a scary movie fest.

Jen rented B.T.K (Bind Torture Kill), based on this real serial killer.  It's a creepy ass story (and the actor really does look like Dennis Rader), but the movie was LAME-O.  Not remotely scary to me or my roommate (and she's more easily-scared than I am).

Next, we started Case 39, which promised to be scary except that I fell asleep 30 minutes in.  This is what our evening looked like (plus a huge bowl of Halloween candy):

spider goblets & scary movies

Though I think the highlight of my day was receiving a picture from my stepmom of Ignatius in the Halloween costume I sent him:

Inmate Ignatius

HA!!!  How was your Halloween?

p.s. speaking of inmates, did you see my jack-o-lantern?

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like the perfect Halloween evening to me too minus the scary movies. ALthough, I love a good crime story and the BTK killer is one of the best. Never seen the movie, though. I could go for some wine and candy right about now.

melifaif said...

Oh Ignatius is just too too cute! That lil convict...haha!!!!

Kori Donahue said...

Sounds like a great night! I miss having a boyfriend to watch scary movies with! Kori xoxo

drollgirl said...

scream! that costume!

and if you need some fright in your life, watch american horror story on fx. it is almost TOO SCARY for me, which is saying a lot!

hope all is well in your world!!!!!!!

Christianna said...

Nothing better then scary movies on Halloween! Though I watched the newest episode of "The Walking Dead"! Such a good show!

That pup is so cute in his costume!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

your pup has the cutest costume :) My halloween was great- my little dogs dressed up as sharks.

missy. said...

Girl I don't know how shit like that doesn't freak you out! I am such a wuss when it comes to scary stuff!! I won't even do haunted houses. I know I'm lame. I'm love the spider goblets. Must get me some of those for halloween next year. That costume for your pup is adorable. Love it! Xoxo

Holly said...

that pup is just too cute. wonder what he did that was so bad? ;)

inHERshoes said...

the next best thing to a halloween party is scary movies marathon! love it!

bananas. said...

i saw your jack-o-lantern...and you know i love it! ;)

but i think i love ignatius' inmate costume more. he's so cute!

heather said...

i'm just catching up with you in this space... it's been hard. but man o man do we need to talk! so much love to you!!!

this free bird said...

I love Ignatius. He is the MAN. And your Halloween evening sounds like mine...except I watched Shadowlands?

Miss Caitlin S. said...

your night sounds really nice! I would have enjoyed that, my parties were kinda too much for me! I still feel tired. Um, I love that you watched that movie, I haven't seen it but I know a lot about him- what an odd guy. Always felt so bad for his family who had NO idea apparently... ugh.

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

Ahhh, Ig looks adorbs. Love that pooch!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

We literally had like one trick or treater. I haven't seen that BTK killer movie but it sounds so scary!