Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rituals

They're so important to me.  Spontaneous as I can be, I'm also a creature of habit, and I'm really attached to rituals.  Here are a few of my favorites:

~stopping at Cumaica (formerly known as Martha & Bros) every morning for my coffee.  The ladies who work there are so nice.  They always shout, "Good morning, Clairita!" when I walk in the door, and they have my large coffee waiting for me by the time I get to the register.

p.s. do y'all know about Stampt?  It's a free "loyalty card" iPhone app.  I love it!  It detects all the businesses around you that use Stampt, and basically, it keeps all those buy-10-get-one-free cards on your iPhone.  I've already gotten a few free coffees since Cumaica uses it!  




~stretching.  I do it all the time.  Feels so good.  Butterfly (hip) stretches are my fave.

~Tuesday night Sons of Anarchy-watchin' with my roommate.

our living room tonight. excuse the strange black thing in the top left.

We look forward to it all week.  I almost cried 2x in tonight's extra-long episode.  Kurt Sutter is a genius.  I don't know anyone who has started watching this show and not gotten hooked--it's that brilliant.

Tell me about some of your rituals!

Also, sweet Christianna featured me in her Any Friend of Mine blog post Monday--check it out here!  And then check out Matt's cute post.  See why I like him?  . . . Kinda?  ha!

14 comments:

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

Is the rabbit head edible? Seems to maybe be missing some sugar and spice :)!

Dee Stephens said...

One of our favorite rituals is a Saturday morning Farmer's Market run.
Love your Tuesday night spread!

Micaela said...

awww, your coffee table looks like it did when we had our girls trip. How i wish i could hang out with you two on your SOA nights! endless amounts of wine and laughter + your hottie... sounds like perfection! ;)

how come iphone has all the cool apps? lol i love that they call you clarita ;) so cute!!!

and matt... OMG. <3 i wanna insert a "going at it like rabbits" pun in there. ;) because that would be the way to my heart ha

my rituals-- pilates 2 x a week centers me and makes me feel "stronger." coffee every morning (i'm not awake until i've had it) Dexter every sunday night (how you feel about SOA, i feel about Dexter!) And because it's so dry here in El Paso, i've started a brown sugar lip scrub every tue/thurs. it works wonders!!!

ps. just read your feature-- i had to comment that you really are as amazing and beautiful as everyone thinks you are in person.

Jo said...

So true about rituals. I was just talking about how important they are during hard times. They give such a sense of comfort.
My rituals: -Letting my dog hop up on the bed about 20 minutes before I have to get up. -Hitting my morning coffee spot (though these days it's tea). -2pm nap...any time I can fit it in, which is usually 3 or 4 times a week! :)

Brianna said...

Okay I totally got hooked on SOA because you wrote about it so much! I LOVE it! And last night was soooo freaking good. I definitely need to go back and watch the other seasons.

Fleur d'air said...

i like the picture of the dinner. it's natural =) kisses from spain

http://cashmereflowers.blogspot.com/

Christianna said...

Never seen "SOA", which I now know what it means, cause you told me! Guess I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the awesome shout out! And for doing the interview!

Bella @Bellgetsreal said...

Liking the new app. I am always fiddling around looking for my cards and most of the time missing out on my freebie.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I get so excited when the guy at Starbucks calls me by name lol! I'll have to check out the app.

And your SOA spread - love it!

Claudia said...

Consider me an SOA convert... your posts (and other people raving about it) probably influenced me to give it a try and I was instantly hooked! (the last disc of Season 2 is probably in my mail box right now)

Faiza said...

10 points to matt for baking AND animal love!

daily meditation has become a vital ritual for me. love it as much as my daily dose of the young and the restless!

bananas. said...

your tuesday night was much like my tuesday night!

except didn't have a roommate...or the yummy food...and the bottles of wine...and i was pretty much licking the tv screen whenever jax appeared.

GAWD I LOVE SOA!!!!

Leesh said...

I need to come and watch Sons of Anarchy at your place. There's drinks and food. Talk about a party...

kitten roar said...

your viewing party of Sons of Anarchy looks much like my viewing party of American Horror Story. Except mine includes pizza. Lots of pizza ;)