Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful for the Blogoverse

Meghan & co. are spending two weeks blogging about thankfulness (here are their specific topics).  Today's is Why-I'm-Thankful-for-the-Blogoverse, and I knew I had to post, because Lord knows it's given me much to be thankful for.

Since I started blogging nearly two years ago, I've been lucky enough to meet several lovely bloggers in person, some of whom are now among my closest friends:

in New York with Summer

with Marianne, Jessie, and Micaela in Napa

at lunch in Berkeley with Leeann

at Folie a Deux/Napa Cellars in Rutherford with Shelly

in Atlanta with Katie

**plus, I ran into Camilla at yoga once :)

Had someone told me that this would happen--that I'd come to cherish friendships with people I'd originally met "on the internet"--I would have surely scoffed.  Maybe it's the changing (increasingly internet-reliant) world, maybe it's a case for open-mindedness . . . but my life is fuller thanks to some of these girls, and I'm thankful.

I'm also grateful for blogging in general.  It's so immediate, like news: we're catching up with people, events, lives--and all in the moment (which is why I'm not into reading bloggers who schedule posts WAY in advance, since it takes away the newness/immediacy).  I've discovered blogs that have introduced me to new ideas & concepts, perspectives, recipes, workouts, companies, and stories.  Thanks to this blogger's advice, for instance, I got a plane ticket for almost $100 cheaper the other day.  See?  My life is constantly enriched by this community.

click here to link up

18 comments:

Courtney B said...

Yesss! I love blog land :) It's amazing how many friends we have in the world because of blogging! I'm definitely thankful for that as well!
And I'm thankful I found your blog :) You are adorrrrable!

Caroline said...

This is awesome! Love this!

Jules said...

I love Leeann and think it's awesome you've been able to meet her and so many other great ladies. It seems the blog ladies I'm closest to live nowhere near me. I need to make some trips happen.

Blogging and Twitter really is like an instant news feed that's helped me stay ahead of things, so I'm totally with you there. That's great you saved money on a plane ticket!

Lindsay [Bella Cene'] said...

This is such a sweet post!! I love the blogging community too. I never thought it would be like this either. I've tried quitting twice but I always come back. I feel like I miss my friends! lol

Amanda said...

How amazing that you have met so many bloggers in real life!!! I'm beyond jealous. I've only met a few, but my goal is going to meet as many as you have!

sheba said...

i'm thankful for the blogoverse b/c i *met* you! xo

Lacey in the City said...

cheers to that!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Yay!! So glad we are real life friends now! I was going to mention out specific people's names (DUH YOU!) but then didn't know if some people would be like, well you don't want to meet me? Lol I'm too paranoid!

Can't wait to see you in less than a month!!

julianne. said...

awe it is so great that you've met so many amazing people and have actually got to hang out with them in person. thats a great thing to be thankful for. love this post darling!<3

Krystal said...

I've also been able to meet some blogger friends and it is so fun...like they are old friends :)
and thanks for showing me those triangle necklaces at down and out chic...SOOO cool.

missy. said...

maybe we could bump into each other in utah.. just say'n. there is plenty to do here during the winter.. and i think we'd have a blast. especially if you get along with my darling micaela.

Faiza said...

oh i hear everything you are saying! people who don't blog don't really get it. but whenevr one of them starts a blog, it's amazing how quickly they understand that connections are important and vital and so meaningful online as well!

i am still hoping to meet my first blog friend in real life! i'm so excited for that day!

Christianna said...

Dang snap, blogging is just amazing! It brings the coolest people into your life without you even having to leave the house, and if you get to meet them in person, that's even cooler!

You can learn so much from everyone, and the fact that the people who blog are writers, on whatever level, always leads to some amazing reads!

Loved this post!

melifaif said...

Awwww.....I wanna meet up in real life person with you oneday!!!! Preferably in Napa Valley. :) Hehehehehe....or come on down south. My Houston home has plenty of room for you. xoxox

Meghan said...

You've met so many amazing women! Sigh. I love bloggers:)

Marz said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this post!!!! I can't imagine how I got through anything before without you in my life! It's so comforting to know I can go to you for anything - whether it's a silly little celebrity crush tidbit I want to share or something very personal - I can tell you anything and I love that. I'm so glad that we made our girl's trip to you happen over the summer. That was such an amazing couple of days of amazing girl time! I've missed you every day since!

p.s. I love seeing you and Shelly together! She was my first blog meet up and I love that we both got to meet her :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The next time I'm in SF, we should meet up!!

Micaela said...

i love you!!! and can't imagine what my life would be like without one of my soul mates (you). When i was writing your christmas card to send to you with my ornament for you this year, i was writing that around this time (well christmas) last year we were hugging for the first time and yet it felt like we had met years before.

you are one of the best gifts blogging has ever given me for sure.

ps. i love how many bloggers/friends you've met!