Monday, December 12, 2011

Hells Angels with Hearts of Gold

This weekend was brimming with excitement.  I had my favorite Burmese food, saw experimental art & music with Matt, attended a holiday party in Berkeley with dozens of my favorite people, and had two separate encounters with Hells Angels.  That's right.

Late Friday night, I headed to the Ruby Room with my roommate and some pals to meet up with an old friend of hers from high school.  Imagine my excitement when, upon leaving, I brushed past at least four Hells Angels at the door!  Of course I postponed my exit, and chatted them up about the authenticity of Sons of Anarchy for 20 minutes (they approve!).  One of these guys was the Vice President of the Santa Cruz chapter, and the other was the Treasurer of the Oakland Hells Angels.  Pretty bad ass.

Even more thrilling was what Matt and I did Sunday morning.  We headed to this divey watering hole in Santa Rosa:


where we attended the 13th Annual Sonoma County Hells Angels Christmas Toy Run!  The bikers collected toys from 9 to 11:45 am at the Wagon Wheel, and then commenced their annual ride, ending up at the clubhouse (where they invite the community and local underprivileged kids to come pick out toys for Christmas).  


Suffice to say, I was giddy the whole time.  They had a biker dressed up like Santa (!!!) and the sweet sound of Harleys in the background.

vroom vroom

I'm willing to post this terrible picture on the internet
since I'm posing with a Hells Angel

my favorite shot of the morning--HA cut!

Isn't Matt such a good sport for indulging me in my obsessions?  He even admitted that he had fun. ;)  And see--goes to show you that just cause someone's a 1%er outlaw biker doesn't mean he doesn't care about the children.  Right???  Heehee.

p.s. have you entered my giveaway?  Only one more day to enter!

12 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Bahaha! Well I'm glad you made it out alive ;)

I don't know what you're talking about as far as this pic goes though - you look gorgeous!

Brianna said...

wooo! love this!! My life is definitely going to have an empty void without SOA for awhile so I think I may have to take a trip up north and do some Hells stalking... ;)

Dee Stephens said...

You crack me up!!!!!

Girlie Blogger said...

You went to Burma Superstar!?!?!?! So jealous! I loved that place when I visited!

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

J. said...

I wasn't sure why you sent me a photo of the HA Cut yesterday. . . and I was TOO hungover to even manage to send texts, so I was planning on asking you about it today. Now I have my answer! How awesome!! I'm so jealous.

undomestic chica said...

You are too funny! Would you hate me if I admit I've never seen SOA?

drollgirl said...

OMG. you must have been in hog heaven! PARDON THE PUN!!!

and it sounds like matt needs to get a harley, stat. lololololol!!! he is a sweetheart for indulging you!

Meghan said...

YAY! I bet you were so excited to meet the bikers:) Sounds like a perfect weekend, Claire!

Marz said...

I can't put into words how giddy for you I am reading this post!!!! Eeeekkkk!!! Hanging out with the Hells Angels connects you to Jax :) I couldn't wait for you to write this post after screaming in excitement upon seeing your pics on facebook over the weekend! And that is a GORGEOUS photo of you with a Hells Angel! You look so beautiful! You had me cracking up with your (!!!) points of a biker dressed up like Santa. It's so hot thinking of these big, intimidating bikers doing things like this for underprivileged kiddos! Here's to many more moments spent hanging out with the Hells Angels! I LOVE that Matt indulges you this. We have some great men in our lives to let us have our obsessions :) p.s. Hells ANGELS & C.J. Anaheim ANGEL - our California trip is going to EPIC!!!!

Jo said...

Sounds like the Hells Angels aren't a bad group of people at all. What a great thing they're doing!

And by the way, that photo of you is super cute!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you! I know how much you love them and have been wanting to run into some of them! And you looked great in the photo!

melifaif said...

Oh HELL yesssss!!! You did it girl....one.step.closer!!! lol.