Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Funny Dating Sites

These days, we're all familiar with the 9,624,614 dating sites out there.  There's J Date for Jewish folks, Adult Friend Finder for tryst-seekers, BBW Personals for plus size daters, Amo Latina for Latina women seeking older men, Gaydating.com, and my new favorite: SugarDaddyForMe.com, which is pretty self-explanatory. :)  Man, are we a categorized people!

Despite knowing that these sites are rampant, imagine my surprise when I saw this email in my inbox this morning:

Hello,

I'm Ellie, and I own BestSeniorDatingSites.org. I noticed you've accepted guest posts on bicoastally.blogspot.com in the past, and I wondered if you'd extend me the opportunity to also write a guest post for you?

I can research and compose an original article specifically written for your site, on any topic of your choosing. I'd only ask that you let me put a discreet link to my own website, BestSeniorDatingSites.org, at the end of my post.

All you'd have to do is review/approve my completed article to make sure that it coincides with the theme of your site.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Ellie Stevens
Blogger | Owner
Best Senior Dating Sites

P.S. If you would like to see some of my past work before deciding, don't hesitate to ask!

What?!?!  Why on earth would the owner of BEST SENIOR DATING SITES think that her product was of any relevance to my blog?  At least I got a chuckle out of it. ;)




Godspeed, senior daters!  

23 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

I think this is a GREAT idea - dating for seniors. Such a cute niche. Seniors deserve love too.

www.thegirlieblog.com

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

She needs to take a lesson in marketing 101 and better understand target market audiences...perhaps she thinks that you have a sub-category of coffin dodger readers? Hilarious, but I give her props for getting the word out there. The question is, do people that old really use the internet? I mean, my grandmother does, but she's what I consider "ahead of her time". I should stop writing before I offend anyone...

Tiffany said...

Actually, this is weird, because I got an e-mail at work today with the EXACT same wording, except for a different alleged site (some kind of medical law practice). I wrote back and said they were barking up the wrong tree, but now I'm wondering if there was some kind of spam virus thing hidden in there!

Lemanie said...

LOL! oh Dear. Well they probably had a list of emails and just sent it to everyone one them. Realllly bad marketing!

Megan said...

You can't forget ashleymadison.com (for having affairs) and cougarlife.com (for older women seeking young guys)!!

How crazy! Every now and then I get these random comments on my blog which make me think it's spam. This might be what has happened.

Happiness Is... said...

That is hilarious. Someone once asked me about being able to write an article on travel and best honeymoons and I was like WTF? Why would my boring marital life post baby blog be of any interest to people planning a honeymoon???

Meghan said...

NO WAY! Oh my gosh! This is hilarious. I am surprised that they didn't find my blog - I am such an old woman at heart!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

first off...they're clearly playing second fiddle to ourtime.com in the senior citizen online dating arena. so you should reject them because of that!

secondly...i would give my 86 year old grandma 9 million dollars if she could get herself on a dating website without any help.

sheba said...

thank you for that smile on a day where i'm neck-deep in report writing. ;)

i often giggle at the multitude of indian MARRIAGE sites b/c there's no talk of dating: punjabimatrimonial.com, shaadi.com [shaadi means wedding in hindi] . . .

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Lol I have gotten an email that sounds super familiar from another dating site. prob the same person haha!

Faiza said...

i wanna see this guest post! i think my grandma would LOVE it!

J. said...

That is HILARIOUS. I had a roommate back in my college years that TOTALLY cruised sugardaddy.com, which I'm sure is a close cousin to the site you listed. She actually went out with people from that site. I used to make fun of her. It grossed me out. . . still does.

drollgirl said...

i have received offers for guest posts (HELLO??!?!?! WRITE ON YOUR OWN BLOG!!!!), but never one from a senior dating site! lol. that is hilarious!

and thanks again for the tip today! :)

Kristen said...

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha... this is just fantastic. Yup. Still laughing.

Deidre said...

It is so funny the marketing pitches that people send in isn't it! This is by far the funniest I've read though! Seniors in love are so cute.

H. Gillham said...

i didn't need to read this...

LOL

nicoleciomek said...

hahahaha!

That email you got is hilarious!

i love it :)

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Lol love knows no age limits!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Leesh said...

That's awkward, funny and weird all at the same time. I should point my dad to that website.

Avatar said...

My personal favorite is Mavenrestin.com. It's not full of fake profiles like the other big sites.

a2zkeralawedding said...

malayalam matrimonial will helps to find your life partner.
www.a2zkeralawedding.com

SEO Moz said...

Makemylove.com, India's leading matrimonial portal site strive hard to provide you the perfect match with a touch of tradition from a wide array of community, caste, city and much more for the global Indian community you can find your life partner with help of makemylove
matrimonials sites indiaShaadi Sites














Lescafe said...

Are you looking for an online gay dating website? The Best Gay Dating Sites should be your guide to date a gay man on the Internet, with expert editor reviews, you will know which dating website should be your first choice.