Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Miscellaneous

1. I'm back on the Green Monster train.



Initially, I used a very basic recipe: 1 tbsp ground flax seed, 1 banana, 2 large handfuls baby spinach, 1 c almond milk.  But lately I've been experimenting, and I've discovered that in addition to the ingredients above, I also like 1 tbsp natural peanut butter and roughly juice of 1/4 Meyer lemon.  Yum!  It makes just about enough for two.  

2. Cracking up over the front page of Huffington Post today:


p.s. Newt is from my hometown, and used to have a house account at my parents' restaurant.  Shudder.

3. Tomorrow, I get to have cheese again.  Which is good since lately there's been only one thing on my mind: PIZZA.  

4. What on earth happened on The Bachelor last night (stop reading immediately if you haven't watched it!)??  That was a real shocker at the end.  Ben and Jennifer had that "wonderful" one-on-one date, and didn't he say she was the best kisser of all the girls?  Weird.  I totally thought he was gonna send Emily packing for dissing Courtney yet again.  And speaking of Courtney, I can't wait till Ben recognizes her for the vile beast of evil incarnate that she is.  Her stupid pursed lips kill me:


5. I've fallen hard for a nail polish.  I recently discovered Essie's Sew Psyched, and I'm smitten.  Here's a pic--not of my nails, cause I just couldn't get the color to come out right in a photo.  So pretty, right???


Also--yay, Monday's over!!

24 comments:

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

Dude, my cable is still OUT and I totally missed the Bach episode last night. Why do I allow myself to get sucked into that filthy vortex of reality TV? Why? We're better than that, right? I mean, right?

passport in my pocket said...

the teaser for the upcoming eps & the ben/courtney confrontation was pretty much amazing.

Happiness Is... said...

I thought the first one was a reference to being jealous - ha ha!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I cut The Bachelor because i have SO many shows on Monday. I figured I'd watch online...until I learned that ABC plays commercials every 5 minutes and it takes 30 mins longer to watch online than on TV. Now I don't watch at all :(

Yay for cheese!

FourJedis said...

LOVE that color. And that chick on the bachelor - she is rotten. Just a horrible person. I tried watching it last week to get a look at Park City, UT, but I quickly stopped. Looks like good trash tv, but people like her stress me out.

this free bird said...

COURTNEY IS A HO

Brianna said...

Seriously Ben is RETARDED! And somehow I'm still watching. Something is wrong with me!!
Sew Psyched is so pretty!! love it!!

drollgirl said...

cheese time! ooooooooh, you are going to be in heaven when you take that first bite of pizza! nom nom!

newt! oh that man. he is such a moron!

Marshall said...

Egads... Newt. Yikes. He's such a powerhouse one minute and then a disaster the next!!

Meghan said...

Ok, I am super stoked to try some PB in my smoothie tomorrow! YAY!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

green polish is basically my kryptonite. in the i-can't-resist-it-and-it-is-the-mortal-enemy-of-my-wallet kind of way.

if you dig sew psyched, check out zoya's dree and yara...amazing!!

julianne. said...

i adore grey nail polish soo much!

julianne. said...

i adore grey nail polish soo much!

julianne. said...

i adore grey nail polish soo much!

heather said...

yay cheese! wish i could go with you for pizza, but i'm sick and don't think i'll be better by then. i want to see your nails!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww that nail polish looks amazing:) I totally need to try it:) Muah

Amy Powell said...

oh I love that nail polish color! great something to be obsessed with :)

Phoenix Peacock said...

Emily also does a weird nose twitch thing that drives me crazy!

And I bet that cameo green looks great on you!

Christina said...

Hahah! I love your connection to Newt! I don’t watch The Bachelor, but everyone’s been complaining about Courtney so I hate her too! Hahaha. Love that color. My favorite right now is Essie Chinchilly.

Rachel Elizabeth said...

Newt is such a douche. That's gotta be on a t-shirt somewhere.

Leesh said...

I like that nail colour! It's kinda hard to believe but I haven't worn nail polish in over a month.

Faiza said...

the portrayal of american politics in canada is quite funny!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Ahhhh. I fear the Newt. I love that nail polish though!

6 in Love said...

Ahh! I told Kad right after the last episode that Courtneys lips alone may make me stop watching this show!! They are driving me nuts. Okay, I lied...I'm going to keep watching...