Thursday, January 26, 2012

This Week's Pros & Cons

By Thursday, I'm always itching for the weekend.  Friday is almost upon us, and I can feel the weekend beckoning.  Sometimes I need to remind myself to stop wishing away the week days and enjoy each moment.  I have a fulfilling job, lots of wonderful people in my life, and Jersey Shore comes on tonight. ;)

Some things I'm loving this week:

*My sister found the following sign at our grandmother's old folks' home.  Crotchety old people are hilarious!

p.s. find me on Instagram (clairekiefer)
. . . or find my sister; she's funnier

*Speaking of my sister, she sent me this picture and it cracked me up.  This is how she found her husband and their enormous dog the other morning.  LOVERS, I tell you:


*This car was parked beside me in a parking lot Monday night!  I almost creeped out and waited for him/her to come out of the store so I could bust out with "I went to Tulane tooooooo!"  Solidarity, son.


*I had a date with Heather Tuesday night that involved wine, spaghetti, and making lots of little crafty treasures for Rowan's FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY this weekend.  Can't believe that little guy is already one:

how cute are my cupcake toppers??

*Matt got me a Zone 3 literary magazine & wrote this inside ♥:


*My writing date with Diana this week was at Souley Vegan.  I finally got that fried okra I'd been dreaming about!

Some things I'm not loving this week:

*A notice from our landlord that he is raising the rent.  UGH.

*Monday night, I drove all the way out to San Quentin to teach my weekly class . . . only to be turned away at the East Gate by the mean guard who looks and acts like Ignatius J. Reilly because my prison ID had expired two days prior.  No big deal that it's a 30 minute drive each way and a $6 toll.  Homeboy is ruthless.    


There's a visual for those of you who haven't read A Confederacy of Dunces.  But if you haven't, stop reading my blog and head to a book store or library immediately.  Your life is incomplete.

*The combination of a sinus infection and insomnia.  Misery cocktail.

Here's hoping the Pros list keeps goin' strong and that the rest of the week sails by breezily into the weekend.  At least I have Snooki tonight.  GTL!

12 comments:

Kate Kiefer said...

a green hunting cap squeezed the top of the fleshy balloon of a head.

cute tags!

Dee Stephens said...

I saw the tags on Instagram and thought..how awesome!
I probably would have waited! Sucks about the rent :(

SSS said...

I love your S.Q. stories, and welcome more about them!

Signe said...

Hihi, it is an fact 4 rugs, each in a diferent color! Got to love House Doctor (A Danish brand for interior design, they are just brilliant)

Hugs and a happy Thursdag to you :)
Signe

Kelly said...

This post is amazballs!! Love that sign your sister found and that picture she sent you. My sisters and I are just like that; we're constantly sending each other hilarious stuff throughout the day.

Happy THURSDAY ;) ----> me taking your advice and enjoying today versus wishing for the weekend!

Happiness Is... said...

Oh my gosh - that sign is priceless! so funny!

bananas. said...

raising the rent again? this isn't the first time right? oy...

mmm fried okra...i want it now.

hope your sinus infection hits the road soon. at least you have a man who knows what's up. you are the smartest, the purtiest and the nicest. ;)

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i want to live in that old folks home, and make friends with the grammar nazi grandmas. my kind of people =)

vanity plates are my not-so-secret obsession...i LOVE ridiculous ones.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

This week has not been the best, that's for sure. But it sounds like some pretty awesome things happened for you too :)

I love the grammar police!!!

sheba said...

i will be that crotchety old person soon enough!
following you [and kate!] on instragram!
matt is adorable.

Faiza said...

that sign is hilarious although i wonder if it was an old person or a bold young'n who couldn't resist...

just started watching jshore this season and am officially hooked!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

At least someone in that place knew the right grammar! Their dog is huge!! Is it a mastif?