Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Because the blog community is pretty amazing

I thought I'd put this one out there:

This is my friend Peaches and her adorable family.

Peaches and I went to high school together.  She is every bit as sweet as she looks!  And I'm a little bit obsessed with her kids . . . I mean just look at them:

Gabriella

Kruz

They're wonderkids, cause not only are they perfect looking, but they are as charming and well-mannered as can be.  It's pretty incredible.

And speaking of incredible . . . Peaches and her husband, Kad, have recently made a huge decision.  After scrupulous research, they've decided to adopt siblings from Honduras.  Siblings!  Honduras has way too many orphans, and Peaches wants to adopt siblings so that they can stay together/have each other.  And even though those kids will likely endure trauma in their early lives, I can assure you that once they get to this family, they will be the most loved and cared-for babes around.

The problem is that this process is going to cost over $35,000 (since they are adopting siblings).  Peaches is knee-deep in mountains of paperwork, applications, home study forms, etc . . . some of which she can't even file until they've raised a few thousand dollars.  And so, she's on a mission!  She has spearheaded a couple of fundraisers already:

1. SIPPYS 4 SIBLINGS 
(Peaches will mail you a sippy cup, you fill it up with spare change, and mail it back to her)

2. THE ADOPTION AUCTION
(Calling all crafty folk--got any handmade wares you'd be willing to donate to an auction in support of their adoption?)

If you're into the quick-&-easy kinda help, you can donate through Paypal.  Peaches has set up an account that will go straight to their adoption funds.  I know times are tough, financially, but if you have $5 or $10 to spare, it would mean the world to my sweet friend.  Her family can't do this on their own . . . and so they rely on the kindness of friends and strangers.  If you are willing/able to donate, participate in either of her fundraisers, or just want to check out their story, check out her blog here!

It makes me sad that it costs so much to adopt children who so desperately need homes.  But I have faith that somehow, Peaches and her family will be able to raise the money . . . because there are two Honduran kids who need to meet their parents, brother, and sister!  If you donate, please be sure to let me know so I can thank you. :)

Click here to help!

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is amazing! At first I thought that was you in the picture. You and Peaches look similar, no? Their children are beyond gorgeous. I wish them the best and it is VERY sickening that it costs so much to adopt when so many children need loving homes.

Happiness Is... said...

Wow - I love that they have big enough hearts to adopt siblings. That's amazing. I may have to get a sippy cup! Cool idea.

melifaif said...

Wow, wow wow!!!! They are ah-mazing. To say the least. How important!?! I love that they are making their hearts show....two kiddos on top of two kiddos!?! Because of two siblings. {wow!} I will mail her my sippie cup tomorrow. I would love to share this with Layla. And I KNOW, my Layla would love to help!!!! This will happen. Because they are fabulous. And holy geesh....their two are absolutely lovely. So gorgeous. Kudos to you for putting this out there. Going to check out her blog now. Many blessings for all!!!!

Girlie Blogger said...

Kudos to Peaches and her hub. That is amazing!

www.thegirlieblog.com

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

how great is this?! i would LOVE to make something for the auction!!

Gracie said...

This is wonderful Claire. I'm definitely going to check it out. It's amazing that they want to adopt siblings so that they won't be separated.

Plus my sponsor child is in the Honduras :)

Their kids are adorable!!

Marz said...

Peaches and her beautiful family absolutely warm my heart!!!! She has been blessed with two of the most gorgeous kids I've ever seen (your friends always seem to have the prettiest kids and kid names!) and the fact that she wants to add to that family and adopt siblings in need of a good home just touches my heart. I can't imagine being split up from my siblings and I bet it's crazy hard to find someone willing to adopt siblings rather than a single child. I can't wait to go on to her blog and learn more. I'm so glad you shared this with us Claire. I'll be praying for her and hoping they can make this happen. I can't get over how expensive it is :(

p.s. My dad is actually on a mission trip right now in Honduras and when I see photos of some of the humble homes with no running water etc. that these people live in, it reminds me that we should always count our blessings. They distribute lots of food bags to families and when I see the smiles on the children's faces - it's amazing!

drollgirl said...

i will help!

adoption costs a FREAKING FORTUNE! it is just nuts! a friend of mine tried to adopt a kid from Nicaragua. she paid about $20K, and no kid adopted after two years. no refund either! CRIPES!

now she is trying to adopt a kid from nigeria (i think? maybe somalia?), and she is about $20K in to the process. 1.5 years later, still no kid, but they say she is at the top of the list. eek!

Micaela said...

i don't think i've ever seen a more beautiful family! and what they want to do is just amazing. It's such an inspiration! i was going to say what marianne said-- that our Pappa always goes on mission trips to Honduras to help with medicine, food, and clothes. I see these huge smiles on the kids (my pappa joked that they think he's santa claus with is beard! lol) and it warms my heart to think that Peaches and Kad will be adopting siblings. I just want to hug them for doing something so amazing!!!

and i love her ideas! i wish i was crafty :P but even if i'm not, there's options to donate and how could you not? thank you for sharing their amazing hearts! xoxo

missy. said...

i hope they get all the money they need. her kids are definitely so adorable. :) xoxo

Micaela said...

i just donated to this beautiful family! of course i don't need a thank-you :) but i just wanted to THANK YOU for blogging about this. xoxo

passport in my pocket said...

that's awesome that they're adopting! Claire, go ahead and give Peaches my mailing address. We'd be happy to help contribute.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

What a great story- I just made a donation via PayPal! Yay- Hope everything works out and all their dreams come true.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How amazing!

SSS said...

Holy cow. Your blog is a total blast from the past for me. I remember Peaches from school, too! Of course, I didn't know her, but with a name like Peaches, how can you not know ABOUT her? What a beautiful family! I am so proud of her! I will definitely be in prayer for them.