Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy things to end the week with ♥

I've had a gnarly stomach bug this week, but I'm finally feeling better & I'm so glad I have these things to be happy about this Friday:

1. Faiza, Marianne, and Micaela are coming to San Francisco in early May for a girls' trip/stalking mission! Marianne has as obsessive a personality as I do, and she's got quite the crush on new Angels' pitcher CJ Wilson.  Because I, of all people, understand the irresistible urge to stalk hot celebs, I perked up when she suggested that we trek down to LA to see an Angels game (and also find out where he is staying/stake out at his favorite sushi bar/etc.).  




Fortunately for Marianne, CJ has already tweeted her twice (!!!), so we're not exactly starting from scratch.  In any case, I can't wait to see my girls!  Any LA peeps willing to bail us out if we get arrested for trespassing?

*p.s. Might I point out that Charlie Hunnam, aka Jax Teller, resides in LA?

2. My dear friend Truong's new art show is opening tonight after months of grueling preparation:


Truong is a brave ass poet-turned-artist whose work will have you gawking & thinking for days.  The opening reception is tonight at SOMArts from 6-9, so if you're in the Bay Area, swing by!

3.  I'm finally reading The Help (takes me longer than most with these well-hyped books) and I don't want to do anything but stay in bed and read all day.  It's SO GOOD.  Such a great feeling to be so immersed in a book.  Now I'm afraid anything I read next won't live up to it!


4. Susan G. Komen wised up and reversed their horrible decision.  Looks like there is still work to be done, but it's progress.  Let this be evidence that loud public outcry, petition-signing, etc. can be incredibly effective!

Happy Superbowl Weekend!  Wish I cared about either of the teams playing. :)

(Play along with Micaela's Happy Things to End the Week With series here)

16 comments:

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

I love CJ too and I'm so sad he left the Rangers. WAAAH! More jealous that he tweeted her. I must know what the tweets entailed.

Totally still need to read The Help, the movie made me cry hysterically. Seriously one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Just posted a link to my FB about the latest Susan G. Komen decision!

Have a great weekend Claire! I think I will post about sunless tanning next week. How I do it, etc. I have had a lot of questions about it!

drollgirl said...

CHARLIE LIVES IN LA?!?!?!? omg!!!! that is fantastic!!! there is hope that i might see him in person someday.

i swear i saw opie driving around in a big old truck one day. maybe it wasn't him, but it sure looked like him!

i haven't read or seen the help. sometimes things are hyped up so much that i shy away from them. but maybe i should give it a go. it is nice to be immersed in a book that is hard to let go!

happy weekend to ya!

p.s. your sleeping description made me laugh. i am a thrasher too, and many times i have trouble sleeping. A PARTNER THAT SNORES LIKE A GRIZZLY BEAR doesn't really help matters either. lol

Marz said...

I have not stopped smiling since booking my ticket!!! :) I can't wait to stalk some Hells Angels & a particular Anaheim Angel!!! ;)

And my boyfriend's tweeted me THREE times total now :) loooove it! I just blogged about it along with the news of our epic girl's trip!

I don't know what I would do without this blogging world that brought you girls into my life! Your friendship means the world to me :) May can't come soon enough!

Speaking of friendship - you have the most amazingly talented friends! Tell Truong congratulations on the opening reception!

I LOVED the movie version of "The Help" and really wish I would have read the book first. But I still can and I think that's what I'll put on my bookshelf next :)

I wish I cared about the teams this weekend too ha but I do care a crazy amount about the Half Time show!!! :) That will make up for it :)

Happy Weekend Claire! love you!! xoxo

Bella @Bellgetsreal said...

Sounds like you'll be in good company.

Stop by and enter my giveaway
http://bellagetsreal.blogspot.com/2012/02/hana-flat-iron-review-and-giveaway.html

Meghan said...

Ahh! I cannot believe you're going to spend time with these lovely ladies! I am majorly excited and jealous! So many amazing women in once place!

Happiness Is... said...

The Help is SO good. So so so good.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I was glad to hear that they reversed their decision. Have a great weekend!

Girlie Blogger said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE Marianne's blog. Yes, her crush on C.J is epic, but he's pretty hot. I had no idea you girls all know each other - very cool.

www.thegirlieblog.com

The Poppy Creative said...

Hahaha claire, you are just wonderful.

Faiza said...

i have an unnatural need to multi task, can we stalk charlie too? is he in twitter?

passport in my pocket said...

I admit, I didn't *read* The Help, but we just saw the movie yesterday and I really liked it!

sheba said...

fully and completely jealous. :P but excited to have you "to myself" in march!

the help: one of my faves of 2011.

s.g.k.: glad they reversed their decision, but still so unhappy they even made the decision in the first place. :(

Kara said...

Dear lord isn't The Help so great?! I've read it and watched the movie more than once, haha. So good.

I'm still mad at the Komen foundation, even though they quickly backtracked. Just seems to me like they tarnished themselves.

Gracie said...

I miss doing these posts. I really need to get back into it.

How exciting that you are having a girls meet up. That sounds like so much fun.

I loved The Help. I really want to watch the movie too.

melifaif said...

Ah yes. I enjoyed the Help. The book moreso than the movie. But it is good. The Hunger Games trilogy will blow your mind if you haven't ready already. I was slow to hitch a ride on that train. Reading The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo now....slow mover at the beginning, but enjoying it now...