Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Review

I'm trying to look at Mondays differently, just as an experiment . . . "it's a new week!" or "yay for a clean slate!" . . . not sure how well it's working, but I'll keep repeating these little slogans till I get in the Monday groove. ;)

I had to work late Friday, so I stayed in the city & met my crew in the Mission before we trekked down to Truong's art show at SOMArts.  It was spectacular--both Truong's work and that of his fellow artist, Peter Max Lawrence:

At War: showing at SOMArts through 2/29
I highly recommend you check it out!

Truong Tran

Peter Max Lawrence

After the show, we had a delicious Thai feast at Ozone before heading back across the Bay Bridge.  I was super excited to crawl into bed with my book . . . I'm reading The Help and I can't put it down!  I need some book suggestions, cause at this point, I don't think anything is going to live up to The Help.  It's so good!

I got to be a little bit lazy on Saturday, which was nice.  The weather was beautiful here, so when Matt went to The Bone Room in Berkeley, I opted to stay home and go for a short run instead.  He did bring me back this extremely strange/slightly creepy souvenir: 

headless, limbless pregnant "woman" with removable belly keychain
???

As for Superbowl Sunday, it was really nice albeit a bit anticlimactic.  Heather and Serkan were gonna come over for homemade pizzas, beer, & football, but they (+ Rowan!) were sick, and Matt was in bed half the day recovering from a pretty fierce cold, which left me on the couch alone with these things:

Blue Moon & sesame sticks

Eventually I got restless and woke Matt up--we ordered pizza and he kindly watched the 4th quarter with me, despite his utter disinterest in football.  Truth be told, I watched more for the cultural experience than for any real concern over the outcome.  That last NY touchdown was pretty great, although I was eager to switch to Super Mario Bros. 3 on the wii as soon as the final score was called.  :)

Hope your weekends were all lovely & full of either fun or rest.  And here's to hating Monday a little bit less!  

13 comments:

FourJedis said...

That actually sounds pretty fun. My beer of choice last night was Blue Moon as well - old reliable. :) Glad you had some 4th quarter company and got some good quality wii time. What a bizarre little keychain! Wow.

georgia~gigi said...

Well Happy Monday! I love Mondays , cuz it's my day off!
I loved the Help. I just finishesd Room I highly recommend it! VERY VERY GOOD!!!

undomestic chica said...

Funny that your keys are on that keychain already though! Hope Matt feels better soon. I watch the game just for the social experience too, I don't care who wins. Ever.

Meagan Murtagh said...

that key chain is bizarre!

xo the egg out west.

melifaif said...

That Matty boy is a strange one...but those usually are the best ones, I admit. ;) LOVE Blue Moon....yummy. Keep up the positive Monday vibes chica.

Meghan said...

Ha! That key chain is too much! It sounds like you had a relaxing weekend overall:) I love it!

bananas. said...

a man who doesn't like football?! the horror!!!

lol.

um kinda digging your removable preggo keychain though. sick with it!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

That key chain is really freaking me out lol! Overall it looks like you had a great time yay!

I had a massive headache Saturday night/Sunday and wanted to stay in bed but went a party. I should've stayed home since I could care less about either team lol. Glad Brady lost though!

this free bird said...

that headless limbless woman is freaking me out!!

girl i wanna know if you pulled the trigger on anything during your marathon session at the free people site the other day.

it's killer over there right now!!

xo,
c

miss katie said...

read the midwife's confession!

missy. said...

i watched because it is the superbowl but i'm not a huge football girl. i'm a MMA/UFC fan and a die hard one at that.

that key chain? uber creepy.

Matthew Snope said...

Keychain: The Talisman. "Quintuple Amputee, With Child"

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! What a unique keychain!