Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Things to End the Week With ♥

Today is a furlough day for San Francisco Unified School District . . . which politically, is horrible, but personally, I'm really grateful since I have approximately 8 zillion pages of my students' personal narratives to edit and type up.  Despite the relentless rain, it's been a really good week, thanks to the following things and more:

1. Impromptu Date Night
When I got home from my Wednesday evening poetry workshop with Diana, Matt suggested a last-minute date at our local punky dive bar.  We had so much fun!  Not only did I indulge in some good ol' southern rock on the jukebox, but I got to play several rounds of Erotic Photo Hunt at the bar . . . which made me seriously miss my bestie and our college days (er, nights) in New Orleans.

can you spot five differences?  GO!

2. Sheba is in town!!!
I've been counting down the days till this girl arrived in San Francisco, and she's finally here!  We're meeting for happy hour at Farmer Brown's this evening at 5, and suffice to say I cannot wait.  Pics to follow!

3. Draw Something
If you have an iPhone and you are not playing Draw Something with me, then you should change that immediately.  Here are some of my drawings to convince you:
clockwise from top left: Tupac, divorce, Angelina, yoga 
(. . . as if you needed me to tell you)

It's keeping me up at night, but it's totally worth it.  Play with me!  You can search by my email: kieferclaire@gmail.com.  

I'm also looking forward to Tuesday, when the rain is supposed to subside.  I'm getting antsy all cooped up inside and unable to go for runs!  In the meantime, Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Green beers for everyone!

(link up with Micaela)

19 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Haha you and your Framer Browns :)

I'm looking forward to the rain starting down here! I'm weird like that.

Have a great weekend!

Faiza said...

Ahhh! So excited for you and Sheba. Have a wonderful time and enjoy the weekend! <3

undomestic chica said...

Draw Something is not even working on my phone right now. Sad Panda right here. And, yay for impromptu date nights!

Micaela said...

you are the BEST drawer ever! :) i can't get over your angelina! LOL i wish i had an iphone so i could do a screen shot.

OMG, i am so jealous and happy for you and sheba getting together for a drink tonight. aww!!! you MUST send me pics :)

there is nothing like an impromptu date-- better with a jukebox. i giggled at the erotic photo hunt lol!

enjoy a green beer for me please lol

XOXOXO love you!!!!!!

ps. thankyou for being there earlier this week. what would i do without you? i don't even want to picture that and i'm glad i won't ever have to. <3

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Yay! Say hi to Sheba and give her a big hug for me, won't you please? Can't wait to see your photos!

Marina said...

Ok, now I want to steal my husbands iphone and play that :D

Miss Caitlin S. said...

fun!! date nights and visitors! :)

i want to try draw something, thank you for reminding me!

Deidre said...

I've heard good things about draw something but have yet to play it :) I love your depiction of yoga! Awesome.

Meri said...

I don't have that app, but I do so love making little doodles on my tablet!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

1. draw something is AWESOME.
2. i totally threw an "RIP" on the drawing i did of tupac too.

Jax said...

LOL! I used to ROCK at erotic photo hunt! And the girls were way better than the greasy, creepy dudes... haha.. We always used to laugh like "I wonder what they told these girls these pics would be used for..." haha... I need to get on draw something!

bananas. said...

i keep hearing EVERYONE talk about this draw something game. it sounds tempting and oh so addicting which is why i refuse to download it. i'm already distracted enough! oy!

hope you had a fun weekend!

Dee Stephens said...

Hope your weekend was fabulous! I love date nights :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I hate all of you with Draw Something, I want to play!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

don't play the game but love your art work- look forward to seeing photos of you and Sheba!

drollgirl said...

i keep learning about new games from you! and then i forget them! dammit! i have to get in on this fun!

robayre said...

I'm pretty certain, crop top or not, all women's shirts are designed to shrink upward as they are worn and washed. As opposed to men's shirts which shrink inward. I'd much rather my shirts shrink in than up. I'll always remember a shirt I bought that shrank dramatically that way. I actually picked it out because it was soooo long. It was past my hips in length, but after washing and drying it a few times it shrank so much that it barely met my jeans anymore. I'm not morman, but today's clothing makes me want to start buying some of those modesty waist band type thingies.

sheba said...

can't believe we took one freakin' photo all weekend. blah. but i think that is only b/c we had so much fun just catching up that we couldn't be stopped for pics!

loved my time with you. can't wait to do it again VERY SOON! xo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! I love those drawings!! You are FAR better than me at it!