Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rainy Days and a Lingering Cough

The rain has fallen on San Francisco.  And it's allegedly here to stay--at least for the next six days.  As you can imagine, I have pretty much no desire to pull on my rain boots and trek out into the rain . . . instead, I am fantasizing about staying in for the next week catching up on books and cleaning and news.  I'm currently re-reading Hunger Games, which makes it hard to do anything else but read, really.

I did take a break last night, though, to watch the train wreck that ended in this:


We already knew this was coming (those of us who read the spoilers, anyway).  And I'm not going to ask, "WHAT WAS HE THINKING???" because I know what he was thinking.  He was flooded with that obsessive infatuation that happens at the beginning of some relationships . . . and those feelings prevented him from thinking clearly.  Plus, this whole charade lasts what, like 6 weeks?  And you know what's funniest to me?  That like TWO DAYS before the proposal, Ben's all "I'm in love with both women! I don't know what to do!" Um, HEY BEN FLAJNIK.  And while I'm at it, EVERY BACHELOR/ETTE EVER.  If you're conflicted about who you want to be with, then YOU AREN'T READY TO PROPOSE.  Ughhhhh.

I can't believe I ever had a crush on this clown.

17 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

sucky about the rain :(
I can't watch the Bachelor series anymore.
So fake.
They're currently filming the Bachelorette here in Charlotte. My co-worker lives around the corner and comes in with reports each morning about helicopters and film crews, craft services, etc in the hood.
WOOT!

Kate Kiefer said...

can't stand ben, hated this season. can't wait for the bachelorette though! <3 emily.

Happiness Is... said...

I kind of love a good rainy day!

melifaif said...

Yeah, no comment on the t.v. show....I gave it up SEASONS ago!!! But the Hunger Games is a major WINNER. Loved it and although I NEVER go to the movies...this is one I WILL be seeing. Can't wait!!!! *squealing like a school girl*

sheba said...

Hope your cough goes away. My throat is getting sore. Fingers crossed its just a fluke! Rain rain go away! Come again when sheba's not visiting sf! :(

Brianna said...

I feel like I have wasted the last 3 months of my life watching this stupid season- especially because I did read the spoilers and knew what was going to happen. It was just a train wreck I couldn't turn away from! ahhh annoyed haha She definitely ruined him because he was so charming before!!

bananas. said...

i hate the bachelor...it takes up all the topics in my US weeklys and i hate it! argh!

BUT i love LOVE the hunger games. i just might re-read the first book too! yes i'm a copycat.

bananas. said...

i hate the bachelor...it takes up all the topics in my US weeklys and i hate it! argh!

BUT i love LOVE the hunger games. i just might re-read the first book too! yes i'm a copycat.

Gracie said...

We have had so much rain here lately. I'm pretty sick of it. I had to walk around with tissues in my shoes at work because they were soaked.

This is why I can't watch these Bachelor shows.

H. Gillham said...

Don't know one thing about The Batchelor.

but this post, especially the ending, made me laugh...

Hope your cough goes away --- hubby has had one for two weeks - :(

6 in Love said...

Worst Bachelor ever. I would've walked out early on if I were one of those girls. I'm looking forward to the Bachelorette tho! Why do we do this to ourselves? ;)

Jax said...

Rain is only awesome when you can curl up and do nothing all day long. :) And I just couldnt get into the show this season. They really need to go backto making the bachelor someone really random and unknown. It was more fun back then. This has all just turned into Jerry Springer in primetime with the women they're picking now.

Faiza said...

am laughing so hard right now!

i confess that every single year i don't watch the bachelor but i do end up watching the final episode and the after the rose stuff...always unplanned but i get sucked in.

i was watching this time around and thinking "claire had a crush on this bozo? what did she see?"

hope you are feeling better my friend. i just re-read the hunger games too...sigh.

vintch said...

i watched the ENTIRE season, and even though i knew what was going to happen, i could not for the life of me look away!

emily's season of the bachelorette is filming in charlotte, nc this weekend and i'm totally going! it's the episode where she and her date go to an outdoor concert and they're inviting the public. i can hardly contain my excitement.

for all its cheesiness and drama, this franchise somehow has me hooked:)

FourJedis said...

He is such a dud... so I'm not surprised he picked the worst one in the house. I watched 1/2 of 1 episode this whole season, but the amount of reading I've done about this season is embarrassing...

I hope you're feeling better!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Amen!!! I don't understand these people. If you're in "love" with two people then you can't commit to getting married to either of them!

Holly said...

yeah, ben is a dud