Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break Plans

It's a happy Friday . . . cause next week is Spring Break! Admittedly, I have a good bit of work to do, but I am so looking forward to having some extra time to just rest and catch up on life.  Here are some of my plans and goals:

1. Run, run, run
. . . cause bathing suit season is fast approaching.  Any favorite running blogs, tips, or ideas for mind control so that I don't spend my entire run obsessed with when the run will be over?  Ha.


After deciding that I definitely couldn't afford lululemon's $90 running tights, I bought these cropped compression pants from Old Navy and I really like them!




2. Read, read, read
My goodness, it's nice to have time to just sit down and read.  I have shelves full of unread books and some poetry projects that need tackling.  


3. Organize my home!
It really does get the absolute worst at this time of year.  I'm so overwhelmed with work, school, and various changes in the works (TBA) that my house gets neglected.  I'm really looking forward to taking some time to get rid of old stuff that I don't use or need anymore, creating space for stuff that's crammed in boxes, etc.  If you have any ideas or websites that have helped you with projects like these, send them my way!


4. Plan a Camping Trip 
Matt and I got a great Groupon for 2 nights camping in Half Moon Bay.  I can't wait to use it!  Granted, I haven't really been camping since I was 16, so I don't really know how it works. Yikes.  At least Matt has a tent--ha!  I'm already scouring Pinterest for vegetarian camping meals, ideas re: what to bring, etc.





5. Drink Beers on Patios
(enough said).

What would you do with a week off?

13 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Um it sounds like an amazing week you have ahead if you. ENJOY it! You deserve it :)

AmericanBridget (Jones) said...

Now that I have started endurance training for long runs, i only wear Old Navy work out clothes. They are cheap, hold up and COMFORTABLE. I love Lululemon, but come on, $90 for pants that I'll sweat my ass of in...no thanks!

Running is better with a group, I promise. I hate running but the time goes by when you pace with a group...seriously, look into it!!

undomestic chica said...

That week sounds incredible! I'm jealous you can even drink beers on patios right now. It's still pretty cold here.

Angela said...

I think number five is tops. Planning to do a bit of that myself.

Faiza said...

yay for spring break!

i have those same pants from old navy and LOVE them! they do the trick and have withstood the laundry test!

i am craving a camping adventure. i hope yours is wonderful. i love cooking hot dogs over the fire, i wonder if you could find good veggie dogs? and of course....MARSHMALLOWS. and don't forget the trail mix. that is a badge of honour in the camping world :)

enjoy every day of your well deserved spring break!

Kristin W said...

Perfect week! I wouldn't be down for organizing...but then again, I never am ;) Good luck and enjoy your break!

Megan said...

Oh I want Spring break too!! It sounds like you have some really good things planned, very relaxing. I need to read more my pile is getting out of control. I managed to finish 'We need to talk about Kevin' last night which was really good but so sad.

Jax said...

Mmmm beers on patios.... Yeah, my workout motivation totally slacked off last week. I keep telling myself "BIKINI SEASON IS UPON YOU!" But, my head says "Yeah, whatever." I need to get back in gear this week.

Meghan said...

I'm pretty sure my spring break plans are the EXACT same! Ha! I hope you enjoy this time off, Claire!

Ann E. said...

I also love my old navy compression tights. aren't they THE Best? I actually just bought the Target C9 (I think is what it's called) compression capri tights...and they are such a let down compared to the old navy work out gear.

Love #5 by the way - I am right there with ya!

Kristen said...

What could I do with a week off? Is someone watching my baby? Because if THAT's the case, holy hell the things I could get done!!! If she's around... well, I suppose I'd do a lot of what I do now. Wash bottles, do laundry, nap... but cuddle the heck out of her!

Your plans sound fabulous... especially the drinking beers on the patio :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've never been camping. I bet that'll be such a fun time!!

drollgirl said...

a week off? i am SO JEALOUS! but you deserve it! and you have a LOT on the agenda to get done during this week! eek.

and you are going camping. my oh my. i hope it is fun! my sister says one day of camping is plenty. lol. i am more of a hotel kind of girl, but a camping adventure might be fun, too. :)

p.s. i mostly work out with dvds at home, and i cannot help but watch the ticker, counting down the minutes until i am DONE! lol