Monday, March 5, 2012

A Very Special Weekend

I'm trying not to let the fact that I was so rudely awakened by a scary earthquake at 5:30 am detract from the incredible weekend I just had.  Normally I'm not that sensitive to earthquakes, but this one was a bit ferocious.  And let's be honest: it didn't actually wake me up, cause I had been up for hours with the beginnings of a gnarly virus.  But it sure scared the bejeesus out of me.  Oh Monday, why are you so cruel?

My weekend was full of things like sunshine, wine, exercise, friends, delicious meals, beer, and cute kids, but the most important event (by far) was the 2nd birthday of my favorite little guy, Jude Freitag:


Cari and JJ had a few of us over for grilled tacos, wine, and birthday boy kisses.  Jude was mostly just concerned with his brand new wagon, but I did get to sneak in a few snuggles.

"try," he commands, as he attempts to feed me his ice cream

On Sunday, Matt and I had his son Jasper, and we met up with the Freitags once again at one of my favorite breweries, Pyramid, for lunch.  I balanced my salad out with some cheesy pizza twists, you know, just to keep things even.  After lunch, we headed to a neighborhood park so Jasper could play while we took in some sunshine.  Here's my handsome man atop the monkey bars:


I took advantage of the weather and went for a run before we returned Jasper, and then rewarded myself with a delicious (Pinterest-inspired) meal: garlic & basil linguine with corn and arugula in a creamy sauce.  I improvised the whole way through it and it turned out great!  For my mouth, although maybe not so much for my hips . . .

And now I'm off to spend the day sick in bed with aches and chills and prayers that this does not evolve into a stomach virus.  

I love you, Jude!  Happiest birthday :)

9 comments:

undomestic chica said...

I can't believe he's two already! I hope you feel better very very soon.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Poor thing! I hope you feel better ASAP! At least you had a great weekend before all of the yuck settled in!

bananas. said...

k i didn't even feel the earthquake this morning and i was out and about...WTH?! the only reason why i knew it happened was because of BART who had 10-15 minute delays after it happened. argh.

sounds like you had a fun filled weekend. sorry about the sickness. i'm getting over a nasty bug myself.

Girlie Blogger said...

WOw. Second birthday - time flies. Looks like a fun weekend.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hope you start feeling better! Glad to hear you are ok and that the earthquake didn't cause you any damage.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

hope you're feeling better asap!!! that jude is a lady-killer, i wanna eat him up!

world-directory-sweetmelody said...

Hello!
After making a visit to your blog!
I congratulate you!
I invite you to visit Blogspot Directory
I am a member of Directory Blogspot and I create
I think this community could also interest you.
His goal: to familiarize your blog, and thus the possibility to exchange with various countries, whether cultural or other
The more people and more opportunities it will give, you are some sort of ambassador of this blog, it has also to do you know after your contacts
It would be a pleasure to welcome you among us
To find out, click on the link below:
http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

I wish you a great day
friendly
Chris

Faiza said...

both your weekend boys are so cute (matt and jude!)

Marz said...

Awww Jude has grown up so much since last summer!! He is SOOO adorable!!! :) I love seeing that beautiful pic of the two of you and Jude on his little gator see saw (quite possibly the cutest picture I've ever seen) and know I've stood in that backyard and seen that amazing view behind ya'll!!! :) Can't wait to see him again in May :) Warn Cari and JJ we're coming! ha :)